Old 07-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
215 an we typically get 10-15 at our Forum Rallys. So either the rest are WBCCI only, or have little or no interest in Rallying with us.
I have hoped to pump up the numbers a bit, just to keep the weekends interesting. Not that hey taren't fun now, but fresh faces are welcomed.

AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Let me get this right any of us can host a forums rally in our area. I'm in Mississippi and have talked with 7 members from Mississippi and we all would like to get together and a forums rally would be great for us and maybe who ever would like to come.

Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:34 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
Let me get this right any of us can host a forums rally in our area. I'm in Mississippi...
Yep. If you plan it, they will come! Even in Mississippi!

To get the ball rolling, just post your thoughts, pick a date & location then ask who else is interested.

Have fun!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 PM   #18
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Beck, the "Georgia crowd" has been having one in the spring and another in the fall for several years. We really hope to be able to go in the fall to see the leaves change up in the Geordia moutains. We haven't been to one yet, either I've had to work or no usable camper in the 18 months we've been members of the forum. Maybe, just maybe this fall will be the first one for us.

Forum get-togthers are completely informal. No rules, no clubs, just nice folks 'round the campfire. Not a value judgment about clubs, just a diffferent way to get together.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited S/O
Jamestown , North Carolina
How to place myself on the map

Would you tell me how to place myself on the member map?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #20
Riviting Espresso

1978 25' Caravanner
Boca Raton , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ColdEspresso Send a message via Yahoo to ColdEspresso
Some of us are going to a Forum Rally at the GA Mountain Fairgrounds October 20-23. This is going to be our first rally and we are looking forward to a great time... You can go to the calander to find out more info. It's s beautiful area and I hope it will have a good turnout.
1978 Caravanner
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2009 VW Sportwagen TDi
Rancilio Espresso Machine w/ Rocky Grinder
ColdEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #21
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
You know, I have been having smaller forum Rallys in Mexico for a few years, and I am liking the small groups. There's more time to get to know the fellow members. I have gained a few great friends through these Rallies, would not want to miss them in my life.
Simply put the destinationa dtime, leave a little wiggle room, and go for it.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 AM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Okay, there is a bug...but here's a work around.
Click on "Members List"
Click on "Search Members" in the bule bar below the abc's & page #'s
Click on "Advanced Search"
Pick your state from the drop down
Select "Post Count" in the "Order Results By: area in the "Options" box towards the bottom
Select "Descending Order" in the box next to it.
Select "100" (maximum allowed)
Click "Select Now"

This will sort the folks from Georgia with the most posts first and the folks that will be cut off are "0's". I would imagine, that folks who have never posted wouldn't be as interested in coming to a forum rally as someone who has.

Hope this helps!

Keep in mind, there are rules in the Forum Policy that state what the membership database may and may not be used for. You may want to refresh your memory before sending out a bunch of emails...and upset some folks!

Shari
Thanks for the hand holding. Sometimes that is what I need. I really was mostly interested in how many members there were in Georgia and how many in my local area. I found that there are three in my county other than myself and seven in the surrounding three counties plus those who put "Atlanta". Unfortunately, most of them have never posted and appear to not be interested.

Alan, I think that is probably why there are so few that come to the rallies. They aren't taking an active part in the forums. I count 86 out of 215 that have posted 1 or more times. That leaves 129 that have never gotten around to posting. Many of the Georgia forum members live in central or south Georgia so a trip to the North Georgia mountains isn't necessarily practical for a regular week end.

Unfortunately, we have a prior committment on the weekend of this year's fall forum rally and can't make it. We were really looking forward to attending this year's since we had so enjoyed the two previous rallies we attended pre-Airstream. We are really looking forward to the one in the spring '07 as long as it isn't during school's Spring Break (I know ya'll haven't planned them for those weekends before). But, alas, I know you can't accomodate everybody's schedule and plan when it's best for those who make it to the fall rally.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I certainly understand, there are always those whose Airstreamin' is a family only thing, and who like to cruise here without actually posting or asking anything.
But these events are such laid back fun that I always hope to entice others to join in.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel beck
Let me get this right any of us can host a forums rally in our area. I'm in Mississippi and have talked with 7 members from Mississippi and we all would like to get together and a forums rally would be great for us and maybe who ever would like to come.
Becky,
When some of the members in GA. decided to have an informal rally, it was close enough to TN. that I jumped on the bandwagon. I've been to 3 of the 4 (or is it 5?) over the last 2 1/2 years and have thorougly enjoyed the time spent with the 12-15 trailers, owners and their families that have shown up. We've had people show up from Houston, TX. and even Michigan. As more members join from Nashville, TN. and southern TN., I expect the # of participants to increase. Coldespresso is a good example and maybe even nazz right down the road from me.

All you have to do is post your desire to have a rally and organize it by receiving posts from members.

Klevan,
Same thing regarding a new WBCCI unit. I'm not sure of all the ins and outs with the WBCCI on starting a new unit but if there is enough interest then you may be on your way to accomplishing it.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote