Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Ohio Airstreamers Rally October 8-11 at Dillon Dam State Park

We are trying to gather a few Ohio Airstreamers for another fall rally at Dillon Dam State Park. A pot luck is planned for Saturday night and possibly a weenie roast for Friday. Brenda and I will be arriving on Thursday the 8 and will be on lot 135. The lots 131,133,137,139,141, and 142 are pet friendly, have 20/30/5 amp electric, and offer a good view. Lots 132, 134, 136, 138, and 140 are pet friendly, have 20/30/5 amp electric, but are more private. All lots are wooded. Lots became reserve-able today so make your reservations now. Hope to see ya there! - Terry
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
Sounds terrific. Unfortunately, we are leaving that same day for ten days in Washington DC. We're staying at Cherry Hill RV Park in College Hill, MD. Sounds like a great place for visiting DC as tour bus comes right into RV Park to pick folks up and drop them off at the "underground" which will take us anyplace in DC. Good luck with your rally plans. Wish we were going to be in town. We're going to check out Dillon May 14-17 so we can also take in the great antique show at Bryn Du in Granville. Maybe we'll manage another weekend during the season. Talk with you again.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ohioans

We had a good time there last time! Hope to be seeing you there!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Looks nice and only about 2 hours drive with the AS from our house. We'd like to go, but we're for sure going to Pennwood the weekend before this and given Ohio weather in October, you never know. Could be 6" of snow on the ground. If vacation days are running short we might shoot for Fri night to Sun if the weather looks decent.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Lol

Airstreamers scoff at snow! It's the salt that keeps us from camping. Camping and a hot campfire will warm your soul!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
calendar

Hey, Terri!
How about putting this up on the rally calendar? How have you all been? We miss everybody! It is time to start camping!!! Now that Larry and I are done with our caregiving duties we can get out more, we hope!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Terry
That's a long way away. But count us in we don't have anything scheduled for that week end . Park looks neat. As you know we will need a pet friendly site.
Lou we miss everyone also. Hope something comes up along about the last week of this month or first of next,we are ready. Trailer may not be but we are.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
We are signed up!

We are signed up on site#137. Come on, Roger! Sign up!
We have already been out camping! We have driveway campers at our house this weekend.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
bob

We read that Bob and Jayne are going to try to make this one. Yay!!! We hope that works out.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 04-11-2009, 05:49 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Site gotten

Well I reserved our site this AM. We will be in 138. We had that site last time there. Everyone bring plenty of firewood. We will arrive on Thursday. I'm counting on my boss being a good sport(not very likely) and letting me have time off 2 weeks in a row. We have another outing planned the following weekend. The RV.net group is at Evergreen the next weekend. Terry-are you attending that one. We already have our reservations for that one, I think. Did I tell you that Bob's sister is attending the one in May at Evergreen. They will be across the road from us. By the way they play Euchre too. That could be interesting. Guys against the gals. We will kick your butts. Just ask Brenda. I'm counting on her right hook.
See you soon.
Jayne
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Kick our butts will ya? Me thinks someone's been smoking wacko weed, but keep dreaming Jayne... I've seen, or maybe I should say our water heater (cool campfire story) has seen Brenda's right hook. Only water heaters need fear Brenda.

I would like to fine tune the candle light dinner we had in 2007 with more candles, and better lighting around the serving tables. Lou and Larry's flamingo pumpkin center piece was a hit last time so lets hope they bring another one.

Attendees so far:

135 Terry & Brenda
137 Larry & Lou
138 Bob & Jayne
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

October Rally

Terry
Believe it or not the cranky one at work approved the time off. YEA. Kinda works out since reservation made. Wasn't the past weekend beautiful. I know it was for us. We can only keep hoping for good weather. Not planning anything for June and July-gotta get some stuff done. But wait and see what pops up. Hate to let the AS sit all lonely.
Talk to you soon. Take care
Jayne
Old 07-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Dillon Dam outing

Hi Terry
Is it still just the 3 of us going? Are any of the church group coming this year? Doesn't matter how many, the 3 of us will be there.Plus, I wanted to move this back up into view for outings. Maybe we will get some more folks signing up since it's getting closer to time. We will keep checking back and try to keep it in the upper section of the rallies. See you soon. You know Bob is expecting you to help him with our water leak. Sorry, but I must have running water, call me crazy. Are you still planning on coming up this month to visit? Let's talk.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
BOB
Like I said Count us in. But its still a long way off and anything can happen and usually does. But at this point we are a GO. We might just need to be reminded to showup or make the reservation.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Time to go camping.

Bob, Brenda and I have not been out since the Evergreen. We are SOOooo looking forward to Mohichan. The Church group we've been camping with for the past 15 years is gone. They started loosing the ability to attract younger campers when they decided to camp Sunday through Wednesday. The reduced camp fees for seniors, and lack of noisy kids was their undoing. Kind of reminds me of the WBCCI in our area.

Brenda and I decided to stay at home and try to get some of our projects done this year. That translates to “Brenda decided Terry should finish existing projects before starting new ones.” Wives simply do not understand how important it is for guys to have multiple projects in progress. Low priority task like fixing the wife's car or finishing a kitchen update seems to frustrate them when they find us working on high priority projects like polishing a motorcycle or testing a recliner to ensure its still comfortable. Yup.. wives are hard to understand.

Jason & Andres – It would be nice if you join us this year. Our October rallies have been beautiful every year we've had one.

Lou & Larry – We are looking forward to having you folks join us again. Andrea has “taken” space in the trailer to store her stamping stuff so she will be ready when she hooks up with Lou. I asked the Z's to join the parity but Bill is reluctant to commit at this time.

Roger & MaryLou – Thanks for joining in on the fun. We are looking forward to seeing you folks again.

Bob & Jane - We need to link up with you folks soon so Bob and I can play with the plumbing on you're Airstream. And if time permits maybe we could review the thumping some team Jane and I know that failed to win a hand!

Jason & Andrea No reservation yet
Lue & Larry Lot 137
Bob & Jane Lot 138
Terry & Brenda Lot 135
Roger & MaryLou No reservation yet
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 07-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
sounds like

Sounds like we need to keep this bounced to the top so more folks will keep seeing it.
Terry, can you put the info etc. on the Forums rally calendar with a link to the park?? Tell Andrea that I am ready for stamping. I have a bigger space to pack in now! LOL! I have been making butterfly and dragonfly pins out of cardboard, wire, paperbags and stamped images. They turn out cool!

Larry and I have been getting out and about. Shinim and Al joined us for a few days during the week at Salt Fork and we had a great time sightseeing. We are signed up for the Metro Detroit rally coming up July 31-Aug. 2. And we are signed up for the one at PennWood too.

Jayne, you could always drag that trailer up here and do some driveway camping. Larry can also help with the plumbing. Right now we have DanB's trailer in the garage. He and Larry have been doing an axle change. They should be finishing that project tonight.

Come on some of you other Ohioans! Join us at Dillon SP.

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Rally has been added to the calendar.

Lou - The rally has been added to the forum calendar. Thanks for the reminder. If we can get Bob to do a weekend at you're place I'm game for working plumbing issues. We could also cut look at the electrical systems.
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 07-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Hi all:

I've had this noted on the calendar for some time, but likely won't make a reservation until the last minute if we come. Since our vacation time was basically chosen for us at work this year, we would only be there Friday eve. through Sunday since I'm out of vacation time by then.

We're keeping it in mind.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Vacation Time.

Hi Jason & Andrea – We fully understand the issues surrounding vacations this year. Things are tight everywhere.

Terry
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio
Old 07-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Information on Dillon State Park.

I received a PM today saying the web site for Dillon State Park was difacult to navigate. If you are having trouble with the site please use the following three links. They should help.

Map of campground, Map of park, Reservation Link
#1941 Nova
Central Ohio VJMC
Vintage Tube Audio