View Poll Results: Are you interested in attending a Branson, MO rally?
Heck Yes! 62 91.18%
No Way Jose. 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #701
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
NICE pics :-)

I'm so glad you posted pics.. we were thinking about you guys from the Northern Illinois rally at Pecatonica.....

I see people at your rally in short sleeves.. and we were all bundled up :-)

BUT we did have lovely weather.. albeit nippy.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #702
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet More Photos Soon

A great time was had by all. I decided to go up and stay in the lodge even though Iím not setup to tow my 34í Excella yet and the Trade Wind is not ready for presentation (so to speak). However, I donít think 2air submitted nuclear waste in the chili contest. I had some, and Iím sure it was weapons grade.

I will have more photos soon, but I just got my Internet connection working (gremlins struck my DSL while I was gone) and donít want to edit photos as tired as I am tonight. Look for more soon.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #703
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
You guys! We had the best time. Our first rally and it really set the bar!
I can't imagine it could be any better. Although it would have been nice to have it closer to home. The drive wore us out.

Thanks you so very much Steve and Amy! Lots of work on your part for all of us to have such a relaxing enjoyable weekend. Did you frisk Collin before you left the campground? We had to break out the front window to get in our house.......I seem to have misplaced my house keys.

The music Friday night was great! You guys should take it on the road. I hope Gene shared all of the tips he collected in his guitar case with the band. Looked like a tidy sum.

And 2air....hmmmm....your words are so very kind. You flatter us. Or are you just trying to schmooze your way out of paying for the skin grafts the roof of my mouth and tongue are going to require?

berk

PS - We are so excited about our trophy...do you think the avatar lighting is right? I mean to really show it off? We are planning on giving it a prime spot in the trophy case....

Old 10-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #704
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Berk,

As I passed by your Hwy exit only 3o minutes outside of Branson, I thought that we may not invite you back....and so that we have a chance at the chili competition next time. That trophy ya got there is genuine plastic covered in gold paint....looks like it won't fit with them other trophies.

Steve
Old 10-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #705
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
No no. We found the secret button and opened up the Rubik's Cube of trophy's. I haven't counted it yet, but I think it will buy a pound or two of ground cow for next time.

Oops. I gave away the secret ingredient.

berk
Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #706
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
We had a wonderful experience....and a great time. I took pictures and tried to upload them, but who knows where they went. I think they are on this website somewhere.

Next time I hope to have the trailer finished.

I was surprized at how many medical personnel and retired educators were in the crowd.

RLee1120 and I had a wonderful time look forward to many more.

Thanks everyone!

Jim and Regina Lee
Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #707
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I forgot a big thanks to Susan and Michael for the pancakes. His face lit up with such joy whn he saw them (He had been asking everyday for them).

Berk...kinda need your recipe for the gooey butter cake thinkies that you made....ok not kinda need it...I NEED THOSE GOOEY BROWNIES NOW!!!!!!

Steve
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #708
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Schmooze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billberk
And 2air....hmmmm....your words are so very kind. You flatter us. Or are you just trying to schmooze your way out of paying for the skin grafts the roof of my mouth and tongue are going to require?

berk
Hey, I was there for all the smack talk! Goulash, remember? But he did put a sign up. I still think it was weapons grade, though.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #709
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
A few pics

This was our first AS rally EVER, and it could not have been better. The campground was AWESOME - shady and pretty and GREAT amenities. They must have got us mixed up with some bigwigs, because we got to park right next to the pavilion in the #3 spot. Couldn't have been better placement. Meeting everyone was fantastic - we were a varied group, but everyone was so nice and fun and interesting.

Here are a few pics of the event that cover some things not previously noted:

Brad and I were in esteemed company (and were the only motor home)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Esteemed company.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	47258

Mark (Airstreamguy.com - Home) was persuaded to give a polishing session and it was absolutely great to see how things looked first-hand as he went through the steps...

Name:	Polishing tech session.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	47259 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mark polishes.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	47260

This was the longest Airstream there (note the interesting hitch setup...)...

Name:	AS 5th wheel.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	47261

I was going through the campground admiring and taking pictures of all the shiny rigs, when I came across this little wanna-be. I think he'll grow into a CCD some day...

Name:	Wannabe.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	47262

These were the bane of our existence around the metal-roofed pavilion. They were loud enough hitting the roof that we dove for cover the first few times before we realized no one was driving by and shooting at the shiny targets...

Name:	Acorns.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	47263 Click image for larger version

Name:	Acorns - lots.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	47264

He begged and pleaded, so we gave in and let him take the 310 for a spin. Here's Collin taking the wheel to the pet store...

Name:	Collin drives.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	47265

And lastly, here is a highly trained group of AS sanitation experts leaping to help Steve with his final duties...

Name:	Watching Steve work.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	47266

Finally, a huge THANK-YOU to Steve, Amy and Collin! You guys organized a fantastic event, and we had a very, very good time.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #710
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Thanks Steve, Amy, and Colin!

I have been plowing through the mostly mindless process of converting the photos from RAW format to Tiff to Photoshop to Jpeg. Tonight was just RAW to Tiff. However, I did take the time to bring one photograph all the way through the conversion and adjustment process. This one came out rather nice. Thanks again to Steve, Amy, and Colin!!! More to come soon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Amy-and-Colin-cropped-sm.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	47268  
Old 10-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #711
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
How do you post pix to this board? I took pix of each trailer at the rally save two, the kids from Joliet, who got up earlier than I did and the guy from SD or West Virginia who pulled out early in the morning also.
We had a wonderful time.

Jim Lee and RLee1120
Old 10-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #712
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
All three of us are looking at these pictures, and Collin is ecstatic about the pictures of him driving the wheel, and of him and mommy. Pace yourself Vaughn...you have alot of work ahead of ya .

Steve
Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #713
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Uploading Photographs

Hi Jim,

Click on Post Reply below the blue bar or Go Advanced below the text window. This will get you to another screen with Additional Options in the blue bar below the text box and the icons. Choose the Manage Attachments below the Attach Files section. Then you can Browse your computer for the file on your computer and upload it.

On another topic, I won a door prize! I chose a Michael (Artstream) Depraida print, the Cairo, Cape Town, Indo-China, Black Rock City Caravan. It will have a place of honor in the Excella. Thanks Michael for donating it to the prizes. Be sure and check out his work. What do other owners have for artwork in their Airstreams?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #714
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee
How do you post pix to this board? I took pix of each trailer at the rally save two, the kids from Joliet, who got up earlier than I did and the guy from SD or West Virginia who pulled out early in the morning also.
We had a wonderful time.

Jim Lee and RLee1120

Hit the reply button instead of the quick reply. When it comes up, click the manage attachements button below the text box to reply in. Then select the files, and upload.

Steve