View Poll Results: Are you interested in attending a Branson, MO rally?
Heck Yes! 62 91.18%
No Way Jose. 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #407
Rivet Master

I regret to report that we will be unable to attend this rally. I have cancelled my reservation at the North campground. They said they would be talking to Steve this week about how to move someone from the "waiting list".

Have a great time!

Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #408
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Aw, zamboni, we were looking forward to meeting you and seeing your moho! Oh well, hopefully we will catch up sometime in the future. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #409
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
DRAT,

Not only did we lose a rally goer (Including Collin's Best Camping Buddy Jacob), but we lost a chili competitior.

Tim, this is the first I am hearing of this, so I will update the sign up page with info that there is a spot open. I hope that Compton Ridge holds it for us like they told you.

Gene and Nohilgrish, Now is the chance to get those new streamers into the rally.

Steve
Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #410
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I would like Jim, the guy who has my camping spot, to put up a sign in rememberence of the two nurses who could not join you at the rally. That would be his wife, and the previous owner of his campsite, ME! Nothing elaborate, just a tribute to the selfless nurses, Bless them all. You know tasteful and really, really large.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #411
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Juel,

Thanks for staying on the thread signup page.

You will be thought of!

Now we need to fill Zamboni's spot....anyone interested?

Steve
Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #412
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I'm curious regarding those of you attending. For how many of you will this be your first time to camp in the Branson area?

Jack
This will be about our third stay there. This trip we are taking the longer route to get there from Wisconsin. We are enroute now. Left Sept 11th. Spent 10 days in Breckenridge CO, weekend in Estes Park, Denver last night after a Broncos game, Colorado Springs tonight, and on to Taos, Santa Fe for the next week and half before joining the Airforum group in Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta. After the balloon rally we will head east to make the Branson rally. It's been an exciting trip so far.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #413
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Jack,
As I live in Springfield, I have camped in several campgrounds in and around Branson. For some reason, however, I have never stayed at Compton Ridge. However, I hear really good things about them.

Rich,
I am looking forward to meeting you in Branson, and hopefully hear a little bit about the neat circle you're making to get there. You are making my wanderlust itch again.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #414
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Stray; Looking forward to meeting you also.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #415
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I called Compton Ridge today and I am happy to report that we have taken over 50% of the North park with our rally. They liquidated about 10 camping sites to add cabins in out of the 45 sites. We currently have 23 of the 35 available sites. Zamboni's spot was taken by Waltero, and it will be his first rally.

Compton Ridge now has a note to call me if there is a cancellation so we can add more people at the last minute.

We currently have NOBODY on the waiting list, so if someone still thinks they are viable to make the rally in two weeks then please let me know.

Steve
Old 09-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #416

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Directions

The reason why I was asking who was a first timer is that for those who are not familiar with the Branson area, traffic is a major concern. For those of you coming from the north from Springfield down US 65, you definitely want to avail yourselves of a fairly newer divided highway bypass that will drop you within 2 miles of the campground.

Coming from the north on US 65, look for the exit to route 465. Take 465 till it dead ends at route 76. Turn left (west) onto 76 and within a mile you will take another left onto route 265. Compton Ridge North Campground will be on your left in less than a mile. This bypass will save you much time and anguish. Now if you want to see bumper to bumper traffic, neon signs and all the attractions, then take go ahead and take the westbound 76 exit off of US 65. My guess is that the fast trip will be a lot more pleasant.

Coming from the south heading north on US 65 is a little more complicated in that the road is two lane. In this case you can exit from US 65 onto route 265 south of Branson. You will need to make some left turns to stay with 265 and eventually work your way to Compton Ridge. This route will take you over the top of Table Rock Dam which in itself is quite spectacular. Note that you will pass the Compton Ridge Main (South) Campground first which will be on your right. The North Campground will be about a quarter mile further on your right.

I'm not too good on directions if you are coming from the west, but I'm assuming that most of you will be traveling US 65 once you get close to Branson.

Note the Branson area is hilly and some of the bypass routes off of the main route through town (these routes have color names, red, green, yellow) have some extremely steep hills. In some cases grades of 10% are possible. The two routes I have proposed have some hills but nothing you all should be afraid of.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #417
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jack,

This is good information since I am not too familiar with the Branson Area. Since we can't follow you like morrain view, these directions ought to do well.

Steve
Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 PM   #418
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Hey Jack,

I went over the Dam about a month ago and thought how beautiful it was...you are right the road coming in from the south is a two lane and a little narrow in places but very managable...

Thanks for the info...

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #419
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Jack,
Very thoughtful, and excellent directions.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #420

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1
Hey Jack,

I went over the Dam about a month ago and thought how beautiful it was...you are right the road coming in from the south is a two lane and a little narrow in places but very managable...

Thanks for the info...

G
You're welcome. Even though the road is two lanes, it's not heavily traveled. I've pulled on it when I stayed at Table Rock State Park and its a matter of taking your time and not taking the curves too fast.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote