Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #43
Rivet Master
 
flamingo-kid1's Avatar
 
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,160
Images: 17
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Nothing like discouraging people away from Branson eh!

Steve
YOU send ME gas and lodging money and we'll join you in Branson.

Deal ?? :-)
__________________

__________________
I'm just a pink flamingo on the great lawn of life :-)
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #44
Rivet Master
 
flamingo-kid1's Avatar
 
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,160
Images: 17
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Seriously

There's enough distance between Branson and Northern Illinois to attract lots of different folks.

I'd LOVE to see you guys at Branson, I'll bet Collin has grown already...but it really is too far.
__________________

__________________
I'm just a pink flamingo on the great lawn of life :-)
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #45
Rivet Master
 
soldiermedic's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,083
Well....

Everyone else is paying for THEIR lodging...$45.00 for 3 days at full hookups is pretty thrifty.

Steve
__________________
Streaming Soldiers Blog
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #46
Rivet Master
 
flamingo-kid1's Avatar
 
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,160
Images: 17
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
I knew that..

Of COURSE the hookups are thrifty.. but add in gas, food, and having to shut down the shop for a week.. NOT thrifty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Well....

Everyone else is paying for THEIR lodging...$45.00 for 3 days at full hookups is pretty thrifty.

Steve
__________________
I'm just a pink flamingo on the great lawn of life :-)
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #47
Rivet Master
 
till's Avatar
 
Lisle , Illinois
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,270
Images: 108
Blog Entries: 2
I found the coconut shell halves and am stating to make the bra.
Shirt is at the dry cleaners should have back early next week.

Thinking pinapple upside down cake.....................................
__________________
Tedd Ill
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #48
Rivet Master
 
Tom Nugler's Avatar

 
1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,129
Images: 5
Ready to Roll

OK. We're one month away from the rally and the new TV is ready to roll.
Minor wiring glitch to iron out and need to pick up a spare tire from the boneyard this weekend. Other than that I'm "itchin' " (how ya all feelin') to take it out on a short run.
I'm thinking of spending the next weekend in Mukwonago and going to Oktoberfest in Milwaukee. Got some good hills and a bit of Interstate driving on the way to see how it handles.
Sue's menu planning and is wondering how the catering situation is working out.

See you soon,
Tom.
__________________
AirForums # 2806
WBCCI / VAC # 6411
TAC IL-11

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.
Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #49
Rivet Master
 
Tom Nugler's Avatar

 
1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,129
Images: 5
Put together my grass skirt today and dug out the Hawaiian cd. We are set to go. Ted any extra coconuts? Make sure they are large. See you soon.

Sue
__________________
AirForums # 2806
WBCCI / VAC # 6411
TAC IL-11

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.
Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #50
Rivet Master
 
flamingo-kid1's Avatar
 
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,160
Images: 17
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler
any extra coconuts? Make sure they are large.
Sue
AAWWWW.. shaddup, ya braggart
__________________
I'm just a pink flamingo on the great lawn of life :-)
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member
 
jimmickle's Avatar
 
2000 31' Land Yacht
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 497
We too are iching. Have not been in the motorhome since having my leg amputated in June. Am working on stairs at therapy, so expect to be able to make it OK.

Jim
__________________
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #52
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lake Forest , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler
OK. We're one month away from the rally and the new TV is ready to roll.
Minor wiring glitch to iron out and need to pick up a spare tire from the boneyard this weekend. Other than that I'm "itchin' " (how ya all feelin') to take it out on a short run.
I'm thinking of spending the next weekend in Mukwonago and going to Oktoberfest in Milwaukee. Got some good hills and a bit of Interstate driving on the way to see how it handles.
Sue's menu planning and is wondering how the catering situation is working out.

See you soon,
Tom.
TOM
Is there a particular place for rv parking at the Milwaukee Octoberfeast? Sounds rather interesting.
Allen
__________________
woodedareas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #53
Rivet Master
 
flamingo-kid1's Avatar
 
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,160
Images: 17
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Stop Stop Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle
We too are iching.
Jim
Everybody STOP talking about itching..

I am finally recovered from the Poison Oak fiasco and don't want to ever see or think about itching AGAIN! AAARRGGGHHHHH!

What a HORRIBLE experience!!!
__________________
I'm just a pink flamingo on the great lawn of life :-)
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #54
Rivet Master
 
Tom Nugler's Avatar

 
1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,129
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodedareas
TOM
Is there a particular place for rv parking at the Milwaukee Octoberfeast? Sounds rather interesting.
Allen
HI. I donít recall ever seeing dedicated RV parking on the grounds. Here is the link for Oktoberfest info.
http://www.bavarianinnmilw.com/events/Oktoberfest.htm
We usually stay at Country View Campground in Mukwonago. Itís off of I-43 about 20 minutes outside of Milwaukee. This is our favorite local campground. Showers, pool, camp store, arcade games for kids and "hay rides" in the evening. Hereís their website. http://countryviewcamp.com/index.html
Let us know if you want to meet up behind the chedder curtain.


Tom and Sue.
__________________
AirForums # 2806
WBCCI / VAC # 6411
TAC IL-11

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.
Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #55
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lake Forest , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler
HI. I donít recall ever seeing dedicated RV parking on the grounds. Here is the link for Oktoberfest info.
http://www.bavarianinnmilw.com/events/Oktoberfest.htm
We usually stay at Country View Campground in Mukwonago. Itís off of I-43 about 20 minutes outside of Milwaukee. This is our favorite local campground. Showers, pool, camp store, arcade games for kids and "hay rides" in the evening. Hereís their website. http://countryviewcamp.com/index.html
Let us know if you want to meet up behind the chedder curtain.


Tom and Sue.
It appears that next week-end is the end of Oktoberfest, and we just learned that one of friends passed away. So we will be staying home. I grew up in Milwaukee and perhaps next year we will be able to attend. Have agreat time. I wonder why Oktoberfest is not in October.
__________________
woodedareas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:08 PM   #56
Rivet Master
 
flamingo-kid1's Avatar
 
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,160
Images: 17
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
please clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodedareas
It appears that next week-end is the end of Oktoberfest, and we just learned that one of friends passed away. So we will be staying home. I grew up in Milwaukee and perhaps next year we will be able to attend. Have agreat time. I wonder why Oktoberfest is not in October.
I'm so sorry about your friend passing..

do you mean you're staying home from Oktoberfest or you're staying home from the rally?

Or both?
__________________

__________________
I'm just a pink flamingo on the great lawn of life :-)
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fall Color Rally N. IL/S. Wisconsin October 2007 flamingo-kid1 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 5 06-11-2007 07:21 PM
Northern IL - So Wisconsin October 2007 AUTUMNFEST flamingo-kid1 Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 3 05-30-2007 09:25 PM
March 2007 Atlantic City Airstream RV show Colonial Airstream Commercial Listings 2 02-26-2007 02:16 PM
colorado fall get together paul k Our Community 1 09-01-2002 07:51 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.