Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #43

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Well, we'll miss dropping by, but IF we go to fetch my car (I'm watching to see how much snow is on the pass Saturday) it'll probably be best if we get home as quick as possible without any dilly-dallying.

Have fun, you guys!

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:49 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Well, we'll miss dropping by, but IF we go to fetch my car (I'm watching to see how much snow is on the pass Saturday) it'll probably be best if we get home as quick as possible without any dilly-dallying.

Have fun, you guys!
tish tosh....whats a little snow in the pass...
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:52 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Deschutes

Ok never stayed there before, so can't make an endorsment on deschutes.

The wash machine took a dive last night and We have a tech coming tomorrow. If the repair bill is not too high then we hope to make the trip. But and this is a big but, if its to much then we may have to keep the trailer in the driveway this weekend.

Here is some info I got from State parks about the group rv camps and north falls lodge to think about.

"Jmoll,
Area A: Holds up to 25 camping units, no more than 50 people.
Area B: Holds up to 50 camping units, no more than 100 people.
Nightly rate of $80 is based on 10 camping units. $8 for each unit of 10 will be collected at the park. Tents are OK in these areas and are charged as camping units, same as RV's or truck campers.
The Group RV area closes from November 1st until April 1st.

The fee for the North Falls Lodge is $100 per day, maximum capacity 100 people. The North Falls Lodge is open and reservable year round.

Reservations Northwest can check availability and book a site for you at 1-800-452-5687. RNW is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thank you for your inquiry."

I am familiar with these areas. Group B is the huge one with easy access. Group A is difficult to manuever in, Its really only good for 5 or so rigs. Dump station is 100 yards away, no showers but there is a small two hole per side restroom.

So think about it. If we would like to use Silver falls next october we should make a reservation this January, I could float the reservation fee and the nightly fee.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Just got a nice box of Braeburns, picked yesterday from a friend. I'll bring some along. Nothing like fresh apples.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:17 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
I can't find this place on the map. My buddy is coming up from St.Louis next weekend, but he loves airstreams too, so maybe it's a possibility, if not just a quick drive down to say hello, and see more of my new State.

Ron
Ron,
Welcome to the Pacific NW. It's quite a change from Missouri! Flatlanders (of which I'm one.....growing up in Kansas) love it out here. There's so much to see.....and from reading your blog, you've got a few places under your belt already. You're welcome to come down and join us at the rally if you have time. I know it would be about 250 mile drive from Newport, but an easy drive if the weather cooperates.

Hope to see you!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:42 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by campcollector
Ok never stayed there before, so can't make an endorsment on deschutes.

The wash machine took a dive last night and We have a tech coming tomorrow. If the repair bill is not too high then we hope to make the trip. But and this is a big but, if its to much then we may have to keep the trailer in the driveway this weekend.

Here is some info I got from State parks about the group rv camps and north falls lodge to think about.

"Jmoll,
Area A: Holds up to 25 camping units, no more than 50 people.
Area B: Holds up to 50 camping units, no more than 100 people.
Nightly rate of $80 is based on 10 camping units. $8 for each unit of 10 will be collected at the park. Tents are OK in these areas and are charged as camping units, same as RV's or truck campers.
The Group RV area closes from November 1st until April 1st.

The fee for the North Falls Lodge is $100 per day, maximum capacity 100 people. The North Falls Lodge is open and reservable year round.

Reservations Northwest can check availability and book a site for you at 1-800-452-5687. RNW is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thank you for your inquiry."

I am familiar with these areas. Group B is the huge one with easy access. Group A is difficult to manuever in, Its really only good for 5 or so rigs. Dump station is 100 yards away, no showers but there is a small two hole per side restroom.

So think about it. If we would like to use Silver falls next october we should make a reservation this January, I could float the reservation fee and the nightly fee.
Thanks Jonathan for checking out Silver Falls State Park,

I hope your washing machine still lives .........and you have the $ left over to make the trip with Stephanie and the kittys. Your report of Silver Falls SP sounds encouraging........I for one would want to try and make it up there in late October to see the fall colors and hike the Falls again. It's a beautiful area.........I spent a wkend there in June this year, but didn't check out the group camp area.........it sounds great! I am a little confused about your description of "Areas" and "Groups" in your post. I think an area for 25 units would be fine (up to 50 people)......ie Area A..........but you mentioned that there wasn't room for more than 5 trailers in "Group" A.........are there two different locations????? Also, if we wanted to use the lodge......is it available for the Areas A & B and Groups A & B?? After attending 3 NW forums rallies, I think we are prepared now for any weather without the lodge.....but it's always good to have something to fall back on.

Hope to see you guys this weekend!

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 11-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Save me a spot !

I won't be there until Friday evening. Could someone save me a spot ? pretty please........ Thanks in advance, Chris
Life is a journey, not a destination
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Areas

When they say area will acommidate 25 units that means tents and campers etc. Trust me it is a pain to manouver a truck and trailer in the smaller Rv group camp.

The big area is a loop 5 acres. The small one is an in and out thats about 1 acre in size.

The wash machine saga continues The shady repair company reccomended by Frigidaire charged my wife for parts that are coverd under the warranty. 260 bucks was the bill. Warranty says the motor contoll is coverd but the name of the part is a speed controller they are the same thing Tomato /tomato potato/ pototo. Even the wiring diagram shows the name interchanged, but the greasy faced little phone service folks just say no because the part is a speed contoller. When asked what the motor contoll number is they can't find one??? DUH! stupid people are like computers
( I cannot recognize the command, search failed)

So the service guy is walking out the door with the old part and is reluctant to give it back to my wife when I called and said that I wanted to keep the part. I think he wanted to send it in for warranty reimbursment and get paid again. But he reluctanlty left it behind. So I call the place and talk to the guy in charge. He says Speed contoller and Motor contoller are same thing and will call figidaire and would be glad to get me reimbursed for the part. Says he will call me back in an hour. Never calls, I stop by his shop because I told him I would be there at 4:30 and they are closed. HMMMM! this sounds odd. Call the place no answer, So I stopped payment on the check.
Maybe he will call me back now. I sure hate doing buisness like this but I will not pay for parts coverd by warranty, and I really hate it when people take advantage.

So the deschutes trip is still in the air depending on if I get a call tomorrow from shady street repair.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Wow! What a story! I love people who can't answer your question, so they give the wrong answer. We will save you a site Chris! Hope to get there early afternoon on Friday.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
We will provide the potato salad for Saturday burger night. Yum!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
I'll bring some "tangy" coleslaw !

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 11-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #54
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
um.... i almost hate to ask - but here goes:

Jim - what makes it tangy?

We've got burger fixins and a couple of bags of chips, heaters, propane and a couple of canopies... maybe we can rig some sides for them and make a heated space - if it gets really cold!

Don't know what anyone has planned for friday night - but our little grill will be hot if anyone wants to use it - garys bringing a steak, I'm just bring merlot...

We should be there about lunch time!

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Did a costco run, have yummy crackers, cheeeeeese, awwww nuts, etc for happy hour or around the fire snacks. Jim said he would string the guitar for me. I will do my feeble best to strum along with the professionals.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
[quote=Janet]um.... i almost hate to ask - but here goes:

Jim - what makes it tangy? [quote]

Glad you asked!
Dijon mustard
Whole grain mustard
Apple cider vinegar