Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #43
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Woops, I just checked post 2 above. We are planning to camp at the Mid-Ohio race track in Lexington, OH for the IndyCar race.

Sorry

Steve

Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Yay!

Glad to see that we have a list going. I am sorry that we will miss you yet again, Steve.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

Depends on schedule if I will look and try to see how to fit it in so I'm still a maybe.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Metro Detroit note

In the past couple of years, Larry and I were able to get away to join a bunch of Michigan Airstreamers...Metro Detroit Rally crowd. We had a blast and continue to get together when we can. Last year they added folks from OH and IL and IN. We have been watching their next rally thread and it looks like they are rallying the first weekend of Aug. Maybe some of the rest of you Ohioans would like to join in? Larry and I are going to try and be there if we can.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
another note

Big Al and Jean are going to be driveway camping with us at our house this weekend. They are coming in from Canada so that Jean can walk in the Cleveland Marathon on Sunday!!! Anyone in our area that would like to come for a campfire is welcome to join us!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Question.

Iíve been watching the Metro Detroit Rally thread and trying to decide if itís a forum rally, a Metro-Detroit WBCCI rally, or a gentle blending of the two? Larry since youíve been to at least one of the outings which is it? - Terry
Old 05-18-2007, 09:45 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by safarinight
Iíve been watching the Metro Detroit Rally thread and trying to decide if itís a forum rally, a Metro-Detroit WBCCI rally, or a gentle blending of the two? Larry since youíve been to at least one of the outings which is it? - Terry
We went last year and its a forum rally. We are all there to have a great time and just camp. There are WBCCI members,Forum members,SOB's and whoever else wants to attend.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 AM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda
We went last year and its a forum rally. We are all there to have a great time and just camp. There are WBCCI members,Forum members,SOB's and whoever else wants to attend.
Thanks Rhonda. The rally sounds like it would be fun to check out. - Terry
Old 05-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Hey all,
Wife made it through her surgery fine and should be ready to go somewhere soon. Certainly include us for the July 20-22 outing in Findley. I'd also like to get a Mohican rally together this summer. Anyone else interested in hitting there maybe sometime in June or August? --dave
Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
yep

We are always interested. But it will depend on how the folks are doing. Plan away and we will try our best to make a few. We are saving the first weekend of Aug. to go to the Metro Detroit Rally. We have been to three of their rallies in the past and had a great time. They invited Ohioans and anyone who can make it. Dave and Fritzi, you would have a great time if you could make it.
Meanwhile, we are hoping to get something going for May/June that is close to us.
We would love to go to Mohican and Hocking sometime too.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Findley SP

Hi All! Larry and I went and checked out Findley SP. The new areas with electric at the sites will soon be ready. The sites are all in, however, they will not open them for camping until the restrooms/showers are ready. And they are not yet completed.
The camping areas are all heavily wooded and have graveled camping sites. Most are short and there are not many pull thrus. Two of the loops have cul-de-sacs at the ends that look "group" friendly. They will not accept reservations for the two long loops that have electricity until the bathrooms are opened.
The park ranger says they are on a day by day basis for knowing when the restrooms/showers are done.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin 65
Hey all,
Wife made it through her surgery fine and should be ready to go somewhere soon.
Give Fritzi our best. We are glad the surgery went well and that she is soon on the mend and going camping again!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-23-2007, 01:16 AM   #55
Rivet Master

The Metro-Detroit rally organizer has been lurking in your thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
In the past couple of years, Larry and I were able to get away to join a bunch of Michigan Airstreamers...Metro Detroit Rally crowd. We had a blast and continue to get together when we can. Last year they added folks from OH and IL and IN. We have been watching their next rally thread and it looks like they are rallying the first weekend of Aug. Maybe some of the rest of you Ohioans would like to join in? Larry and I are going to try and be there if we can.
I have been lurking in your thread tonight....
Looking over all of the posts and thinking, "Hey, Ohio IS a state!"... Actually I have spent many a night in hotel rooms throughout Ohio when I was a field service engineer. I just realized that the Patterson clan has never camped in Ohio. What a HUGE faux paux! Ohio has some really pretty scenery. Your state troopers are so warm and inviting too. I have seen them with several people pulled over and talking with them! I have often wondered what they could possibly be talking about.
Would there be room for another native Michigander and his clan?
Feel free to cross-post in our rally thread to draw some of our rally attendees to your rally!
Like I said, feel free to let our rally attendees know about your get-together and I will be sure to spread the word myself!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:10 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Welcome All!

We hope that lots and lots of you Forums lurkers will end up in Ohio to join us for this rally. Even Michiganders are welcome, Lou! This state park is about 20 min. from our home and we are hoping to make it. Yes, please talk it up. We hope that some of the Ohio lurkers will see the Metro Detroit thread for 2007 and join all of us north of the border too.

Lou and Larry

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2