Old 04-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Findley SP

Hi Dan! Yep. We called there today. The electric is in and they are testing. Other site improvements are being done...pads extended and concrete barriers are being reinstalled. Grass planted. We got the same info. They are not ready yet. We will keep calling and look elsewhere for more ideas.

Lou and Larry

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
Hello,We would love to attend a get together.I'm working hard to get the AS buttoned back up after a rear floor replacement.Our maiden voyage is set and reserved for Memorial weekend.Gee I hope we get it on the road soon.Robert

Old 04-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
i'll be watchin this thread. i live just across the border as well. plan a trip soon to jackson ctr for repairs i don't care to do.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaugh
We will not be able to attend as we are in our final stages of preparation for the Alaska trip.
We hope you have a great time on your trip. Sounds like lots of fun. Is this trip one where you are taking your AS? Wow! That would be great. Let us know how it is going, and we hope to see you later this summer.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar68
i'll be watchin this thread. i live just across the border as well. plan a trip soon to jackson ctr for repairs i don't care to do.

Crowbar,

Where have been? Are you going to bring Airpyro? Saw you post for the other rally in Aug. Hope to see you at both.

Dave

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
checking on other sites

Larry and I went to look at the American Wilderness Campground today. This is in Belden on rt. 83, just south of Rt. 303 intersection, (technically it may be Grafton). About 15 min. from us. It is a recently opened campground. They were not yet open for business this season, but they are having an open house this weekend. They will open May 11th. They passed out some literature. We will try to get there this weekend to look it over. The rates were starting at $28/night which seems pretty pricey. They add on for hookups, AC, etc. I guess that is about the standard nowadays...but we will check out the amenities if we can sneak a peek at it this weekend.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-09-2007, 05:37 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
What about about a more eastern location? Maybe something like Pymatuning State Park? Pymatuning State Park

We haven't been there yet but are dying to check it out. Neighbors down the street with a SOB really like it.

Have we decided on a date yet?

Heather
Old 05-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
no date

Hi Heather!
We were hoping that everyone would get cranked up and go this month. No dates have been mentioned. Larry and I are day to day with planning this stuff due to the ill health of my parents. So we can make it if it closer, or if we can get help from my daughter so that we can go. We are sw of Cleveland.
Haven't been to Pymatuning in years and years!!!
We looked at a few private campgrounds near here. Found one that would love to have us and went and looked at it. They have a huge field with electricity to the sites. Might be a possibility. Anyone ever been to Panther Trails, Wellington, OH?
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
Alaska or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We hope you have a great time on your trip. Sounds like lots of fun. Is this trip one where you are taking your AS? Wow! That would be great. Let us know how it is going, and we hope to see you later this summer.
Lou and Larry
You are correct. We are leaving tommorow for the summer.

You may check us out at Login The password is "alaska" without the quotes.

See you folks in the fall.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Alaska

Terry and Sue,
That trips sounds like a great thing. We will be watching your trip journal and we have already signed up to get updates. Send us lots of pictures and info. about your trip. What an adventure!!!
We will see you in the Fall.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Jefferson Co , Ohio
A get together in Ohio sounds great, the wife and i are new to airstream with a 31` classic. If our schedules permit we would like to attend.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
welcome

Hi Stonymo,
We hope that you will be able to make the next Ohio rally! We love getting to meet the folks that gather here on the Forums. So far we have been to a few rallies...IL, MI, OH and TX. We have met wonderful people and had a great time!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
We would like to link up with other Airstream owners this year but its real hard without a schedule. Would it be possible to nail down a few dates and areas that folks would like to go? Im even willing to act as wagon master or rally host for an outing and would be willing to scout out a camp ground. We already have reservations for the following outings so youre all welcome to join us or we could try scheduling around these outings and shoot for a more northern campground.

April 26 -29 Hocking Hills Hike the caves.
Hocking Hills State Park

May 3 5 Evergreen RV Resort Amish Country
Evegreen RV Park - Offline

June 1720 Buck Creek State Park USAF Museum
Buck Creek State Park

Aug 2326 Cowan Lake Nothing Planned
Cowan Lake State Park

Sep 1316 East Harbor Fairies ?? Bicycling the Islands.
East Harbor State Park

Oct 1821 Dillon Nothing Planned
Dillon State Park

Terry
Old 05-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Well everyone.... what are your thoughts on this rally? It would be good to narrow some stuff down so we could all make plans. Are we thinking July? August? Where have people met up before? Are those places avaliable? Let's keep this discussion going so we can get some stuff nailed down. Maybe we need to vote on a place and a date. We could create a list of the places that have been mentioned. Or....we could find out where everyone is located and try to find something centrally located. These are all just thoughts I am throwing out there...