Old 09-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #211
Rivet Master

HOLY COW!
Sounds like you guys had what looked like a band of ssilver gypsies in your driveway!
When are you guys gonna do another Northern Ohio Rally so I can show off the new ride? I can tow that danged 25 footer anywhere now! I can also do it in style too boot!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #212
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Driveway Camping

We had a great time. We're sorry that you missed it. We had about 18 people at the potluck on Sat. As usual, lots of wonderful food and great company. We are hoping that this great group of Ohioans will be able to do a few more rallies before the snow flies. As you know, our driveway is always available for a good driveway camp over!! Come on down!!! If we know you are coming we can always put a party together!! LOL!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:44 PM   #213
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up Woodruff Driveway Rally Labor Day 07

That was great fun. I loved meeting more local forum members and it was especially nice to see the well traveled Luhrs again. I checked out the photobucket and LOVE the Bellypan101 photo, that's priceless with Emma under there!

Thanks for hosting Larry and Lou

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #214
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
bellypan 101

We got a big kick out of Emma! She joined right in at that work. Just goes to show...like father, like daughter!!!! LOL She is definitely a stitch!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #215
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Lou and Larry,, wowie,, looks like a great time,, so sorry to have missed it,, lots of food and friends and laughter,, Airstreams,, the uniting factor in great joy,, donna
Old 09-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #216
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Larry & Lou,

Thanks for your hospitality! Not many homes have room for the multiple trailers like yours. We had everything we needed. The food & company was plentiful and great.

Plus, I really appreciate the water heater door you were able to provide. New mounting hardware and clips were fabricated and mounted yesterday. The door will be painted tonight. It certainly looks better than all that hardware.

Sorry we had to run out Sunday. It's not often you get tickets to the Indians six rows behind the dugout. We made it there in the bottom of the first. Of course, the Indians were shut out....

We look forward to getting together again soon.

Thanks again!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The ďOhio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend campingĒ thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #217
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
good news

We are glad to hear that Rich, Eleanor and Emma made it safely to JC last evening. We look forward to more tales from the road. Anyone who is close to JC should find some time to visit them at JC this week while they are getting work done to their AS.
Dan, glad to hear that the water heater door fit and is on. Did you come up with a good plan for keeping it secured??? New plan for the latch?? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #218
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Rally???

We bumped into fellow Ohioans, Al and Shinim (and Charlie and Belle), at the local Steam Engine Show. Larry and I are helping the band boosters sell sausage and pancake breakfasts this weekend at that venue. Al and Shinim are finishing up their vacation week at Findley State Park and they invited us to join them there this evening for a visit AND a chili dinner! Wow! I was all for that....not having to cook dinner AND a mini-rally!!!! Good deal! So off we went after a long hard day. We drove out in the car. Too bad we were committed to the work and couldn't tow the trailer out to Findley too.
Now talk about SPICEY chili!!! Whoa, Baby!!! Shinim makes a Wowwwwyyyyy HOT chili!!! Larry loved it. We had some great pie iron strawberry pies too. The campfire felt wonderful as today was a chilly day and it feels like Fall weather here. We had a great visit and the plan is to try to do another get together before Fall ends.
By the way, Shinim and Al said to send Bob their regrets because he missed his cheesecake this weekend. They moved from East Harbor to Findley due to the unfriendly neighborhood and misguided rangers...but I will let them tell that story. Hope the rest of you are having a great weekend of camping!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #219
4 Rivet Member

Yes Our regrets to those we promised to meet at East Harbor , unfriendly neighbors and misguided rangers sums it up with out slinging mud. So we decided to move to Findley State park. It was a nice week , parents and nephew and famliy came out one night. Got to go to the engine show with Dad and that was something we would have missed at East Harbor.
The chili was four kinds of peppers and the ones that really made it spicy are the ones we where told where mild. It was really good for us spice lovers though. Glad You could come Lou and Larry. Our camping is over for the year as far as We can tell , but we will stay tuned for any rallies we may make , and maybe Bob can get the lemon cheesecake before next year.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #220
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up

I love that engine show! We were down at Mid-Ohio camping where we awoke to 40's this a.m. I had stopped at Fin, Feather, and Fur to check out a tent heater but for $130 I rather chill for a night and save my pennies for a wall mount catalytic heater. It warmed up pretty quickly this morning after we opened the drapes at the front and turned on the stove (with 2 flower pots turned upside-down like somebody once recommended). Before we knew it, it was 85 in the Argosy!

This may be our last trip too unless something unexpected pops up (should we start planning the Apple Butter Rally anyone?). I hope to get the barn cleaned out so the Argosy can hybernate inside this winter for the first time. Perhaps before spring we'll get some work done on her too.

Take care all,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #221
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
fall rally

Is anyone thinking of going camping next month? We were hoping to get one more in before it gets tooooo cold. Sorry Al and Shinim had trouble at East Harbor. We had a great time, all the neighbors around us were great. Pot luck was wonderful and everyone was friendly and welcoming to us. We did a lot of visiting around. We are going to Jackson Center Wednesday to have A/C installed. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone is interested in another rally, chime in.
Shinim-keep that receipe handy cause Bob will be expecting that next time we are all in the same place.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #222
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob otto
Is anyone thinking of going camping next month? We were hoping to get one more in before it gets tooooo cold. We are going to Jackson Center Wednesday to have A/C installed. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone is interested in another rally, chime in.
Shinim-keep that receipe handy cause Bob will be expecting that next time we are all in the same place.
We are really interested in doing at least one more rally in Ohio, if it is possible. As usual, we are on unless something happens with my folks. They are having a rough time of it. So keep us posted and we will try to go. I think Dave and Fritzi said they would like to do one too. Someone set one up and we will try to get there!
Glad to hear Bob and Jayne are getting AC....even if it is just in time for winter!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-19-2007, 06:02 PM   #223
66CHROMEDOME

1966 22' Safari
canal fulton , Ohio
Trip to Jackson Center

Hi all, Lou, I sent you a private message about this, however we can tell everyone. We went to Jackson Center today. Dropped off to have the A/C installed. On the way down the rear access panel fell off and we found it on the way home in 2 pieces . Does anyone have or know someone who has a panel for the rear that they are not using?

Thanks Bob and Jayne
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #224
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Maybe it tried to run away to meet up with our bumper!

We've been away from the forums for awhile cause I finished up grad school, graduated, took my state board exam (Passed whoo hoo), started working part time and got our oldest settled into 1st grade. We are finally ready for another camping adventure. We did camp out at the canfield fair for the week. That was fun except it was roughing it (no electric) luckily we were only a mile from home. So Bob we aren't too far from you two so let us know.... What about West Branch SP the 19-21 of October?
Heather