Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #197
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Thursday

Larry and I are nightowls so either night would be fine. We are usually over doing the night chores across the street between 10 and 11 p.m. You can arrive whenever is good for you. Larry is wondering if you have AC to run? That will determine which driveway he puts you in.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #198
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
We comming

Sue and I will be there for Sat Night. We are planning on leaving the trailer at home and give it a rest. Is there directions somewhere?

We will be getting home on Wed. or Thur..

Would some munchies be good to bring. Anything else you need.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Terry and Sue

Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #199
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaugh
Sue and I will be there for Sat Night....
Terry and Sue
Anybody from Braddy Quinns hometown will be most honored guests!

We are still planning to bring macaroni salad or a fruit salad, it's up to the chef.

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #200
4 Rivet Member

What time are Saturdays festivities planned for? I will be finnishing work Sat. morn and sleep till 2-3 and Shinim will be in Columbus helping Our son Move , but she will be back early enough I hope. She hasdecided to make Buckeyes to bring for desert.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #201
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
playing it by ear

We have Terry and Brenda coming up from Columbus area, as well as Terry and Sue! And Shinim too!! I was thinking of cooking around 6ish, but we can play it by ear, if that is ok with everyone. I will have sloppy joes in a crockpot, so the timing is not that critical for that. How about that?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #202
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
We'll be pulling in on Friday, so we get the best spot, right???

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #203
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Wish we could be there! Have fun!

Hey you can't go wrong at Lou and La-rrita's rallies !! Wish we could be there, you know up here in Michigan we have to make our state park reservations 6 months in advance if we want to be near water...sigh...all these baby boomers love camping I guess....why didn't you give us 6 months notice???

Have a great time!! Can't wait to see the pix and hear the stories Lou and Larry--kudos you two are so much fun!!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #204
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
We'll be pulling in on Friday, so we get the best spot, right???
Yep!! You get your usual spot...saved 'specially for you! We have managed a few upgrades to the area and we hope that you will spend a couple of days/nights to enjoy them! Larry has made 30 amp available and gave us a great new fire pit. Plus lots of lawn furniture to make it nice! We are looking forward to your arrival!
DanB and family will be camping with us too! Should be fun to sit around the campfire with nice folks and good friends! Looks like we will have about 17 or so for the potluck on Sat. night. Very good!!! Anyone else want to join us?? Come on down! We'll leave the light on!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #205
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Hey, Steph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey you can't go wrong at Lou and La-rrita's rallies !! Wish we could be there, you know up here in Michigan we have to make our state park reservations 6 months in advance if we want to be near water...sigh...all these baby boomers love camping I guess....why didn't you give us 6 months notice???Have a great time!! Can't wait to see the pix and hear the stories Lou and Larry--kudos you two are so much fun!!
There is no problem with reservations here! Stop in whenever you get close enough. You might find a big messy house and lots of clutter, but we would have fun anyway!!! Wish you could join us too!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #206
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
I couldn't drag Kim out of the house before the the Notre Dame game is over so you will not see us until around 7pm. We are bringing macaroni salad.

See you tonight

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #207
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Read Rich's blog today Tour of America and see you are in the "news" for the driveway rally. Hope to read more and see more pictures.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #208
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Whoa...so much food

The BEST thing about driveway camping....great friends who are enthusiastic about camping. The second best thing is all of the wonderful food! Boy, did we have lots of good food! Today we got to visit with some other great AS friends. Rich, Eleanor and Emma, Dan B, Dawn and Drew, as well as Dave(minus Fritzi...we miss you Fritzi!), were all here with their trailers for our driveway camp in. Then later in the afternoon Terry and Sue, Al and Shinim, Terry and Tim, Steve, Kim, Garrett and James, and Loren, Randy, Gabby and Toni came. Everyone brought FOOD! Did I mention that we had LOTS of goodies? The kids had fun playing on and around the dirt pile, playing with Charlie and Belle, the dachshunds, and playing corn hole etc. The adults sat around eating and telling airstream stories, enjoyed the campfire...but the mosquitos were fierce and we finally gave up and came into the house. Rich Luhr gave out door prizes, Dave brought out baseball video games, and we had the Trailer Park Troubadours playing on the CD in the background. Larry and I had lots of fun picnicing and hearing about all of the journeys that everyone has been making. Wow, what a fun visit! Tomorrow is breakfast at the campfire...and we are expecting another great Dave skillet breakfast! Hope some of the rest of you can attend the next driveway rally!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #209
4 Rivet Member

We all had a great time at the first annual Labor Day Lou and Larry's Rally.
Good to meet new people from the forums and a chance to see friends from prior Northern Ohio rallies.The thing that I noticed was how well behaved and polite , well mannered all the children where. I think that says something about Airstream Parents. Next Camping / rally Will be the perch rally at East Harbor State Park. We will be camping there Sept9-16 rally is 14-16 , dont know if spots left but we have room for guests if need be. Let us Know
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #210
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Sharing

Well, all of our rally crowd has left and the driveways look a little empty. Larry and I had a great time. We hope we can do this again sometime. Thanks everyone for a great party. Safarinight and Tim, tbaugh and Sue, and Streamin65 drove from the Columbus area to join us. Dave driveway camped, and we missed Fritzi this time. Al and Shinim and pups, Steve and family drove in from the Oberlin area for the evening. DanB and family drove in with their AS from Lorain to camp with us. The Luhr family came for the weekend too. Rich and Eleanor and Emma have interesting tales about their travels around these United States in their AS. They were a great addition to the rally. And my family came around the block to join us too.

I have photos posted at Photobucket. I think this is how to link that: loudruff/Woodruff Driveway Rally Labor Day 07 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hope that works. Let me know if it doesn't and I will try again.
Tomorrow it will be kind of lonely around here again! LOL!!!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2