Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #169
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
getting closer

Well, we are getting closer to the number that we need to make this weekend work. Larry is shooting for 5-6 of us and then he will call the Lions to make sure that we can still get the park. Hope we can get a few more to chime in.

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #170
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
So when is the rally?

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:15 AM   #171
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Labor Day weekend

We are hosting the Luhr family visit on Labor Day weekend. Rich Luhr is the editor of Airstream Life Magazine. He and his family are full timing around the USA. Do you visit his blog??
The place yet to be determined, but right here locally we hope. We have a small Lions Park here in the village (La Grange, OH) that has offered us a rally site. Larry will be checking on prices and the availability of it. Our rallies do not get as loud and as rowdy as the LPPI one however! LOL!! We will be small, and very laid back. Lots of quiet campfire conversation and a potluck or two. Hope you will join us!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #172
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We are hosting the Luhr family visit on Labor Day weekend. Rich Luhr is the editor of Airstream Life Magazine. He and his family are full timing around the USA. Do you visit his blog??
The place yet to be determined, but right here locally we hope. We have a small Lions Park here in the village (La Grange, OH) that has offered us a rally site. Larry will be checking on prices and the availability of it. Our rallies do not get as loud and as rowdy as the LPPI one however! LOL!! We will be small, and very laid back. Lots of quiet campfire conversation and a potluck or two. Hope you will join us!
Lou and Larry

Labor Day weekend is really hard for me to get off, but If I can be there, Illl be there, we will have to see, Hope you guys have a good time either way!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #173
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Cincinnati , Ohio
aiming for central Ohio

Hey all,

At Lou's prompting, I've caught up on possible Sept. camping opportunities. Our brand-spanking new 25' Safari FB is on order and will hopefully be here by mid-September, so we're looking for a fun maiden voyage.

Our caveat: the Safari weighs more than our '77 Overlander and we're still towing it with my Jeep Liberty, so we're committed to staying pretty close to home till I get used to towing a heavier camper.

Soooooo, if someone sets up an event at Mohican or thereabouts, please let me know because we'd love to join you!

OF course, you are always welcomed to come down here. East Fork State Park is huge and lovely, great beach (but I think only water & electric).

Pam

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Grouco Marx
daveandpamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #174
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Labor Day weekend update

Hi All! An update on the Labor Day mini-rally that we were hoping to do...looks like Lions Park is not going to work out. The officials decided that they did not want to do that on the Labor Day weekend. Soooo....we were thinking that we would like to host a driveway rally and cookout anyway. The Luhr family will be visiting here. We would love to have you come and visit them and us. What about a Sat. evening campfire and pot-luck here at our courtesy parking??? We have enough area for those coming from a distance to overnight with their trailers too. We have lots of stuff to do around this area, trails to walk and hike, a raptor center, and maybe if there is interest we can schedule a side trip to Lake Erie Inland Seas Maritime Museum and some beach visit??? Anyone interested?? Let us know...we'll keep the light on for you!
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 AM   #175
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hey Lou,, may i come too??? donna in montana,,
Old 08-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #176
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Hi L&L,

Too bad Lions park didn't work out. I'll still plan on coming for dinner & campfire.

If you have room I'll tow down the trailer, but since I'm so close I'll leave the spots open for travelers. Maybe I'll just leave it in the street.....
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:48 AM   #177
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
We'll stop by for the Saturday evening festivities too. It'll be fun to meet some members.

Thanks for hosting

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #178
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
leave it in the street???

NOOOO!!! Never leave it in the street, Dan! We have lots of space for you to bring the trailer. Have several driveways at our house. You are welcome to come and stay! We are looking forward to this!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #179
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterdog
Hey Lou,, may i come too??? donna in montana,,
Donna,
If you come, we will give you the place of honor!!! We would really love to see you! Wish you could!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #180
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up Larry and Lou's WOOHOO :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
....we were thinking that we would like to host a driveway rally and cookout anyway. ...
Lou and Larry
I'll bring the family, and the boys (9+11) can entertain the out of town kids. Kim has volunteered to make either her scrumptious macaroni salad or a fruit salad. We could think about an entree too but experience has shown there's usually a world class barbeque chef at any Airstream gathering (and I'm not it).

Best wishes,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 PM   #181
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
hamb7

We still haven't heard from Hamb7- Heather and family. I hope that we will see them too. Anyone else going to join us? Haven't planned a menu yet, but I am sure that we will have plenty of food. The potluck dinners are usually BIG!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #182
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Sorry for not posting sooner but I’m in the middle of network upgrades at work and time is hard to find.

So far it looks like there are three of us meeting up at East Harbor State Park for the weekend of Sept 13-16. If anyone else is interested in joining the fun please let us know. - Terry

C5 bob otto | C10 safarinight | C12 ctdair