Old 07-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #127
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Happy birthday Fritzi!!

Hey Fritzi wow happy birthday!!

You all have a great rally!! Post lots of pictures!!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Thanks

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Steve. Didn't know we were appointed hosts! LOL We are looking forward to checking out your courtesy parking spot one of these days!!! Sounds delightful! Nice to know that there is an OKOO (Oberlin Kampground of Ohio), as well as a LKOO (LaGrange Kampground of Ohio).
Have fun this weekend. It sounds like we will all have great weather!
Larry and Lou

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 AM   #129
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
Thinking of you

First and formost make sure you wish Fritzi Happy Birthday from Sue and I.

Second we will be thinking of you folks and wishing we could be with you. Maybe we can have another go this fall.

While you folks are enjoying the food and festivities, I will be reparing a leak in the supply line to the commode here in Whitehorse, YT.

Everyone eat and extra helping for Sue and myself.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #130
Rivet Master

I sure wish that I were there right now!
I just got off of the cell phone with Larry.
They are having a grand old time!
Larry did mention something about someone "smoking butt" and that later they were all gonna "eat butt". ENJOY!
I wish we were all there with you guys! Work just woudl not allow the time off.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #131
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by safarinight
Our 17 year old daughter will be with us. She works in children's ministry, volunteers Wednesdays at a retirement center, and is active in Scouting (Venture & Girl Scouts). Having some youngsters around may help keep her from getting bored.

We keep a volley ball set, corn-hole boards, squirt guns, and some games in the van at all times. For this rally we are also bringing bikes, fishing poles, and stuff for the beach. - Terry
Terry,
Bring her along to the Metro-Detroit rally! I have two girls and Steph has a boy. I am not sure if there are any other kids coming but last year we had quite a few. It always makes me feel all warm inside when I see kids camping with their parents. It brings a tear to my eye too; I think of my late father and my mother. We camped at least three weeks out of every year.
I am glad that your daughter has an interest in the little ones. It makes for a great person that can see the joy in a child's eyes.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I sure wish that I were there right now!
I just got off of the cell phone with Larry.
They are having a grand old time!
Larry did mention something about someone "smoking butt" and that later they were all gonna "eat butt". ENJOY!
I wish we were all there with you guys! Work just woudl not allow the time off.
We wish you could have joined us...we know you would have loved rubbing butt too. Dave and Fritzi have an awesome big smoker which they filled with pork and chicken for the Saturday potluck. It was absolutely delicious!!! We are hoping that they will be able to find a way to come to the Metro Detroit.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #133
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Nan and I are sorry we missed the campout. We have been on the road this past week in the A/S and just got in last night. Hope we can make it next time. We hope you all had a great time.
Tom
Old 07-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #134
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
We wish you could have joined us...we know you would have loved rubbing butt too. Dave and Fritzi have an awesome big smoker which they filled with pork and chicken for the Saturday potluck. It was absolutely delicious!!! We are hoping that they will be able to find a way to come to the Metro Detroit.
Tell them to come on up! We will make the room for them!
I would love to bring my big smoker but it just will not fit into anything I own, unless I bring my utility trailer too boot!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #135
4 Rivet Member

Glad to have been able to come and visit with everyone last night. It sure was tough leaving and going to work. Still want to look at Sept 14 15 16 as a next rally date. Have not checked Mohican state park yet. Or maybe some one will chime in with another exelent location.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #136
3 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
Canfield , Ohio
Thanks!

Whoo Hoooo! What a great time! Here's a HUGE thanks to Dave and Fritzi for the time, energy, and expertise in the cooking department! You two must be pooped out! I hope you had help to get the smoker out of your truck when you got home! What a great group of folks! It was such a pleasure meeting everyone. We can't wait to meet up with everyone again soon. Sept maybe? Unfortunately, we had no luck finding our MIA bumper. ...We'll just add it to the TO DO list. I'll post pictures of the rally this week sometime. Special thanks also to Lou and Larry for hosting!
Heather, Aaron, & the kiddos.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
smokin'

We had a smokin good time! Thanks for the great smoked pork and chicken from Dave's smoker. And the marinating and seasoning! As well as the marinated and seasoned chicken from Bob and Jayne. We had SO much food! And as usual the food was wonderful. The conversation around the campfire was great! We are glad to have met and made some new friends!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dave & Fritzi's smoker.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	41666   Click image for larger version

Name:	AirForums Rally flag.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	41667  

Name:	safarinight.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	41668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Streamin65's shiny shiny trailer.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	41669  

Name:	TJ and Terry.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	41670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamb7 - Heather.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	41671  

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 07-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #138
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up

We had a mini rally at the track while you guys were socializing. I ran into a new Caravel owner on his maiden voyage. Nice Buckeye named Richard. He had recently towed the untouched 17' TT from his mom's house in Missouri. I mentioned the forum as a good resource (I just had to park near him).
Missed you all! September at Mohican may be do-oable

Steve

Name:	07-20-07_1435.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	41672
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #139
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
We had a mini rally at the track while you guys were socializing. I ran into a new Caravel owner on his maiden voyage. Nice Buckeye named Richard. He had recently towed the untouched 17' TT from his mom's house in Missouri. I mentioned the forum as a good resource (I just had to park near him).
Missed you all! September at Mohican may be do-oable

Steve
Steve,
Too cool man!
It just go to show you that you can meet up with Airstream owners aplmost anywhere!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #140
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
calling bertro

We thought that Bertro was going to join us this weekend. What happened to you, Robert?
We missed you!
Lou and Larry

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2