Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #181
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
hamb7

We still haven't heard from Hamb7- Heather and family. I hope that we will see them too. Anyone else going to join us? Haven't planned a menu yet, but I am sure that we will have plenty of food. The potluck dinners are usually BIG!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #182
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Sorry for not posting sooner but I’m in the middle of network upgrades at work and time is hard to find.

So far it looks like there are three of us meeting up at East Harbor State Park for the weekend of Sept 13-16. If anyone else is interested in joining the fun please let us know. - Terry

C5 bob otto | C10 safarinight | C12 ctdair

safarinight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #183
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Mini Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff
Meanwhile, the Luhr family, of Airstream Life, will be headed to us on Labor Day weekend. We have been offered the use of the local Lions Park for a mini rally if we can get the date firmed up. $85. for outdoor pavillion and restrooms, electricity and water available. There is room at this little park for up to a dozen trailers or so. Since most places are going to be packed for the Labor Day weekend, we are wondering if some of you want to put together something here. If there is interest, the park is willing to put in outlets for 30 amp. service for us. There is playground equipment, room for pets, and a village park with walking trails nearby, plus another playground.
We are definatly interested in the mini rally. If Brenda is unable to get the weekend off Annie and I would like to visit for the pot-luck! Please add us to the list. - Terry
Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #184
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by safarinight
We are definatly interested in the mini rally. If Brenda is unable to get the weekend off Annie and I would like to visit for the pot-luck! Please add us to the list. - Terry
Hi Terry and Brenda,
If you read the last few pages you know that we are having the mini-rally at our house. We think we have plenty of room in the driveways for folks to camp. Weather permitting we will have the potluck in our backyard. Hope Brenda has the time off and can come too.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
welcome

Still haven't heard from Streamin'65. How are you Dave and Fritzi?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-19-2007, 05:50 AM   #186
4 Rivet Member

Shinim and I should be able to make Sat or Sun Night for a potluck. Any suggestions on needed dishes. She has been practicing the lemon cheesecake in the Airstreams microwave/convection so it can be perfected for the Perch Rally. Will monitor replies for dates times and dish suggestions. If there are more attendees than trailer space at Lou and Larrys we could fit a couple of units and we are only 10 minutes from their location. Have 20amp plug in available thats about it , could use our well to fill water tanks for shower / toilet , no dump facilities.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #187
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hi Lou and Larry,
Sounds like you are going to have a great turnout on the long weekend.
We won't be able to make it since I am going diving in Kingston on that weekend.
Have a great time. Enjoy the Tiki lights.
Al
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
tiki lights

Great, Al! That sounds like a fun trip. Hope you have a great time. We will indeed be enjoying your tiki lights. I found a couple of iron ones to add to the collection! We have been toting them around for the few trips out that we have had.

Al and Shinim, we are glad to hear that you can join us here at the mini rally. Dessert sounds fabulous! I am thinking sloppy joes in a big crockpot w/buns and maybe a few hotdogs if the kids want to put them on a stick and roast them over the fire. We will try and keep it simple. Looking at the rainy fall-like weather that we are having today makes us hope that the weather will cooperate for the Labor Day Mini rally. Guess that is northern Ohio!
See you all soon!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #189
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Columbus , Ohio
Quiet Weekend

If anyone is looking for a quiet weekend to relax and do nothing feel free to join us at Dillon Dam State Park in October. We will be in area 2 on lot 135 from Thursday the 18th to Sunday the 21st. Mrs. Z and Andrea will have their stamping gear out and most likely be working on Christmas cards.. Our current plan is to have a simple pot-luck Saturday night. - Terry
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 AM   #190
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
A little off topic....

OK, anyone know you has the '69 Sovereign parked at the Lorain County Fairgrounds in Wellington? I was there last night and saw it on the way out. Obviously a proud owner, as the year & model were painted on the bumper. Nice shine also, but it was really raining.

I'll be back there tonight. Maybe I'll walk over.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #191
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
who was it?

Our daughter was over at the fair and said that she saw several ASs there in the camping area, and that she thought she saw an Argosy too. Did you figure out who was there? Sure brave of you all to go out in that sea of mud to camp at the fairgrounds. ICK! I hope the weather will clear for all the campers that are there.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 AM   #192
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I navigated through the mud, only to find nobody home! They did have the mini-blinds open, so I was able to descreetly peek in.

It was very nicely decorated with curbside kitchen, updated upholstrey, and a very nice flower arangement.

I may be going back this weekend if I'm not sent to Findley or Shelby for the floods.

www.campnova.com

Old 08-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #193
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
That '69 was very pretty. I sure would have guessed newer if it didn't have the date on the bumper. I spoke to owner of the Argosy a couple years ago(it's a 24 I think, and very clean looking. She goes every year and parks around the back side by the craft barns. I know somebody with horses that parks their AS over in the SOB city too so maybe that's the other AS you're refer to...older and not polished but weathered grey.

We hope to make it to the tractor pull tomorrow night!

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #194
2 Rivet Member

West Branch State Park

Hi all
We just spent the weekend at West Branch for my birthday which is Monday. The sites are large and somewhat shady and the pads are somewhat level and fairly wide. Nice shady areas for the picnic tables and nice fire rings. The loop we were around had a beautiful community area right in the center of the loop, accessible from the rear of all the trailer sites. We had decided to take a nap Saturday afternoon and the next thing I knew someone was looking through the front door saying Jayne is that you? To our suprise and delight it was Terry and Brenda and some of their friends. Suprise? They had just come to check out West Branch and see what it was like. And there we were. Actually, it was too funny. But Terry and I thought it would make a great location for an October Rally. If anyone is interested in that. We were in the full hook-up area. Jayne and Bob
bob otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #195
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Cool!

Jayne, Happy Birthday!!! We hope you have a great one! Sounds like you had a good campout at West Branch. So cool that you met up with Terry and Brenda. We are hoping that we can make a couple of more rallies.
Soooo this weekend we are hoping to see some of you in our backyard for the potluck at least, and maybe a couple of trailers too???? Larry is working out the electrical situation so that we can park a couple of more trailers in the driveways. We know that the Luhr's are camping with us for sure. Anyone else bringing a trailer??? How many are in for a great potluck on Sat. evening?? I think we have heard from DanB and Steve Fix for sure on the potluck. Al and Shinim are bringing dessert! I think I will crank up sloppy joes for all. Chime in everyone! Larry and I are really looking forward to seeing one and all!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #196
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'm looking forward to this weekend! Larry & Lou, thanks for your hospitality! Dawn, Drew, & myself will be coming.

We have a football game friday till about 10, but it's a home game in Elyria. Any objections to a late night arrival? Since your close, perhaps it would be better If I brought the trailer down Thursday? That way we won't disturb either the sleepers or the party. Put us down for a side dish for Saturday night.

Larry, please call me if you need any set-up help.

www.campnova.com

Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #197
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Thursday

Larry and I are nightowls so either night would be fine. We are usually over doing the night chores across the street between 10 and 11 p.m. You can arrive whenever is good for you. Larry is wondering if you have AC to run? That will determine which driveway he puts you in.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #198
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Powell , Ohio
We comming

Sue and I will be there for Sat Night. We are planning on leaving the trailer at home and give it a rest. Is there directions somewhere?

We will be getting home on Wed. or Thur..

Would some munchies be good to bring. Anything else you need.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Terry and Sue
tbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:44 AM   #199
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Thumbs up Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaugh
Sue and I will be there for Sat Night....
Terry and Sue
Anybody from Braddy Quinns hometown will be most honored guests!

We are still planning to bring macaroni salad or a fruit salad, it's up to the chef.

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #200
4 Rivet Member

What time are Saturdays festivities planned for? I will be finnishing work Sat. morn and sleep till 2-3 and Shinim will be in Columbus helping Our son Move , but she will be back early enough I hope. She hasdecided to make Buckeyes to bring for desert.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote