Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
Hello ladies, I would love to join you and have wanted to for awhile now at the infamous silver sisters rally... unfortunately the 12-14th we will be attending the Metro Detroit Rally which was already scheduled months before this one came up So we will have to miss yet another and its still so early in the month that larrita and loudruff wont be able to make it due to them still being out of the area.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
psssst don't tell Carol but....I'm the prettier one - Sharon - But her trailer is longer than mine and she has lots and lots of miles - on her trailer that is......THUD!!! okay that was Carol just around the corner giving me a huge whollap right about now.

I know I know it is really hard to keep all us fab women solo towers all under the right hood - silver hood that is...
THUD is right girlie! We'll continue this "who's the prettiest in the land" later... Carlita, no problem mixing us up, we are a bit like Frick and Frack or is it Hoops and Yo Yo?

YouTube - ‪hoops & yoyo-we interupt your day!!!!!!‬‏

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #73
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Circle Power When women band together , whether it's for Scrabble or support, reading or righting wrongs, the greater good or the greater hilarity [or maybe all of the above], life just seems to get better. It's kind of a girl thing. We now know that men and women respond to stress differently. Men tend to fight or flee; we're wired to connect and communicate. We phone friends and form groups; that's how we sooth ourselves, that's how we get things done. For anyone who could use a hug, a shove, a good laugh, or a good cause, there's a circle for you. And, if there isn't one yet, start one or better still plan on attending this rally.

photography
Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Carol, that was so beautiful and profound!!! Thank you for sharing! It was like getting a huge bear hug!!!! I totally feel the same way about us women. I love guys to pieces but women just have it in spades!!!! Can't wait to hang out and giggle, grow and share stories with all you wonderful women!!! Ciao for now!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #75
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
regrets

It looks like I will not make this one. No more days off from work for me.
Maybe another time will work out better.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #76
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Bummers Nancy!!! I totally undestand though!!! At this point, I'm not sure who's going except for Kelly and I.

HEY SILVER SISTERS!!!! Who is a definite for the PJ party at Lake Huron Campground Aug 12-14?? Please let me know asap so Kelly and I can plan accordingly. Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #77
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet Women's PJ Rally/NEW WEB ADDRESS FOR CAMPGROUND

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Terrific! I will get this on the rally calendar asap. Also I will probably be going earlier and/or staying longer. Please post when you expect to arrive and if you are planning on staying longer so others may join in. I'm off to work but will post again shortly. I am so psyched to be meeting new Airstreaming women and gathering again with old friends. I am off to work but will post again shortly.

Michigan Camping and Campgrounds - RV Resort - RV Camping

Friday August 12, Saturday August 13, Sunday August 14

Lake Huron Campground
2353 N. Lakeshore Road (M-25)
Port Sanilac, Michigan 48419

Toll free: 866-360-CAMP(2267) Local: 810-622-0110

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I am told by The Lake Huron Campground people their web site (above) was compromised by melicious hackers in June. You will find needed information at their new web address below.

www.lakehuroncamp.com

Still unsure if I'm attending .... I know it will be a fun time ~ S
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #78
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Silver Sisters Cancellation

My pink camo slippers and myself are going to pass on the Silver Sisters Lake Huron Campground opportunity because there just doesn't seem to be enough interest to make a group outing. I hope the next rally will be better attended because I want to meet so many other women like myself...those brave enough to travel alone with confidence and a pet! Sorry to poop out. Kelly
Old 08-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #79
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
It's disheartening to see the rally stalled. I'm sorry I couldn't make a commitment earlier and still not sure as yet. I am/was waiting to see if another Silver Sister, TinSista (Steph) , would be able to ride with me and share Cupcake for the rally. Last year we each towed but that isn't an option this year. And maybe it will have to be a 2012 rally next time. In fact, maybe the 1st of the year would be the time to kick off plans to do so ot down your thoughts and sharpen your towing skills if need so you'll be ready for next season....any that will give us all time to save "Aircorns." (Squirrels save acorns for another time and I save a few "Aircorns" here & there for later too.

~ Sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #80
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Well heck, I have to cancel too! I've got too many irons on the fire. I'm packing up and renting my house out, I'm helping my sister pack up and sell her house and we're both cleaning up and moving into our parents house! Plus I'm flat out of Air-vacation money for awhile. DAG NAB IT!!!!! I was really, really looking forward to meetin' all you wonderful women in a couple weeks. I will just have to be patient until another opportunity arises. Next PJ rally in 2012 for sure!!! If not sooner!!! I'm here to yak with so anytime you need to vent or share, just holler and I'll listen. Take good care of yourselves and have fun!!! Ciao for now!! ~Cari~
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit
The metro detroit rally is going on this same weekend so since this one is stalled if you still want to meet some silva sistas come to metro detroit! That's where ill be and if you meet me and tell me your a sista, I will have some silver& blue crackle nail polish to share! LOL, it seems to be all the rage around here. Sorry this one got stalled but hopefully we can get another one in the works soon!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #82
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I'm baaaack! Blew back in this evening. Like a bad penny here I show up again! The heat wave at the Kentucky warehouse made temps of upper 90s to over 100 with high humidity and the 10 hour shifts of excessive walking in that extreme heat gave me heat rash (golfer's rash) and I have come back North until September if I so elect to return. We certainly are an independent lot!!! So much going on. We are just the kind of women we would like to meet with if we could arrange our affairs in the future. Pooling all that energy in one place would certainly be a force to reckon with.

photography
Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #83
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Newbie Solo Gal Here :)

Hey Ladies:

Just learning my way around the Forums since buying my first Airstream last month! I am so excited to see other solo women on here. Enjoy your fun this weekend - and post pictures and say hi, would you?

Would love to make some Airstream friends. And wish me luck on my maiden voyage next week - hoping to head to New Mexico for a break from the 110 degree Dallas heat.

Pinky

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #84
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
AHHHHH an Eddie Bauer, very cool. Congratulations Pinky. Enjoy your maiden voyage to New Mexico and also let us see your new Airstream!!

Also if anyone wants to get together for lunch Sunday, if the weather is cooperative, let me know. We can hash out the details accordingly.

photography