Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #57
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Carol, if you can't make it, I totally understand! You have to take care of yourself first!! I will miss you though, dang it!! You were the one who was always crackin' me up so that's why I decided to join the Silver Sisters thread. If I don't meet you in MI, I'm sure I'll hook up with another rally that you're in. You just take good care of yourself and know that those at the PJ rally will raise our glass of wine to ya and have an extra cupcake in your name!! (Or Chocolate bar, whichever comes first!!). Ciao for now, ~Cari~

Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

I thoroughly appreciate the graciousness shown me and it makes me even more disappointed to miss this incredible rally. But let's get this party started!

Since the rally location is so close to many Lake Huron shore parks I thought a day of retail therapy, browsing the local shops and either planning a picnic lunch or finding a great place for lunch might be a fun activity.

I definitely am hoping for a photo op of the PJ party campfire. And what could be more in tune with the PJ party and girl talks than a slipper contest? Who has Snooki slippers? Who has bunny slippers? Who has the Airstream slippers? Maybe we could post the feet and slipper pictures while the rest of us living vicariously through your adventures can try to guess who is who.

I think a nice wine and cheese reception on Friday might be a nice ice breaker.

What do you say. Let's hear what you gals are wanting to do and see. I hope we get many more silver sisters involved and can make this a regular event, rotating locations and dates to grow our numbers every year.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Carol, I love your ideas!!! Friday night wine and cheese reception is perfect! Plus I love the slipper contest!!! What a kick!!! I'm game for both of those. I like the idea of window shopping and browsing. That's always fun. So there's my two cents worth! I'll put my thinking cap on and try to help out with some ideas too. Thanks so much Carol for all your time, energy and enthusiasm to make this happen!! I'm praying for pennies from heaven for ya!!! Take care and have a great week! ~Cari~
Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #60
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Yea! Snooki slippers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snookislips.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	133328

And maybe there should be a first toe award and a big toe award.

Name:   0906-pretty-feet.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:	51HKN79VH7L__SS500_.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	133332

And where are our Michigan Rivettes? We had a blast last year at Tawas. Let's bring it!

Suz?

Name:	suz.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	133329

Steph?

Name:	Steph.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	133330

photography
Old 06-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #61
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Wink Holiday Bow Making

Seriously?? Yes, that's right...we are halfway to Christmas already!!! I have a skill that is pretty slick with regard to bow making and would like to get on the Pajama Party activities list so that I can teach this type of bow making to anyone who is interested. It would speed things up if everyone brought a sharp pair of scissors. I will bring all the supplies and we'll just have fun. We'll see if our minds are as sharp as our scissors!

Honestly, whenever I wrap a package with these bows, I get lots of aahhhs and ooohhhhs. If I can do it, you can do it.

I'm looking forward to the weekend and it will be my first Silver Sisters trip and my first time traveling with my WBCCI numbers! The only other fun thing that I can think of is with so many of us travelling with our pets, maybe we could dress them up for a style show?

Kelly
Old 07-01-2011, 06:21 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Hey Carol, I just now saw your pictures with your last post. Those are hilarious!!!!! I love the Rosie Rivetor "WE CAN DO IT" picture poses. Those are priceless!!! Can't wait to meet all of you and compare slipah's and toes!! Ciao for now!!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #63
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
How was everyone's 4th of July? We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary, yes we got married on the 4th...so he wouldn't forget and we'd always have a cheap celebration and wow, are we ever getting old! Add another 4 years dating and we have spent most of our 59 years of life together. It's no wonder I am ready for a woman's rally.

Kelly I would love to see your bow making. My mother was a ribbon demonstrator at Marshall Fields in Chicago and even opened two shops called Frannz Creative Corner. My aunts and I would help her make deadlines for consignment such as decorating the trees on Michigan Boulevard and Lincolnwood shopping center at Christmas. I don't have my mother's talents but I sure appreciate those who are artistic! She was always making displays for Veterans Day out of poppies and decorating my bike for camp and making things for neighbors and the hospital. I know we would hit it off famously. What WBCCI unit are you in Kelly? I am in Nova this year.

Carlita there definitely needs to be an official women's tow picture. We are so honored to have you come all the way from Oregon!!

Name:	IMG_0079.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	134087

Sharon how are things going on the home front in Canada? You are one busy accomplished lady. You have so much going on, always. I wish I could aspire to your energy levels! There's another very talented silver sister. Speaking of which Steph is great on graphics. I wonder if we could twist her arm to work one up for this rally.

I have some one who is interested that I need to e-mail and hopefully she will chime in her with her comments. Everybody tell your friends so they can try to come to the rally too.

Is there anyone in the Lake George area of Michigan besides Suz? Nancy is from North Branch. And Kelly is from Grand Blanc, I was just there yesterday. I should have stopped by.

photography
Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Hi Carol!! Sounds like you had a momentous 4th! That's pretty cool to be celebrating your 41st anniversary!!! Thanks for the cute picture of all those cute toes! Whose little wigglies do those belong to? I'm still planning on coming out there. Can't wait!!! I went to my first rally over the 4th. It was to celebrate Wally's 115th birthday and it was in Baker City, where he was born. I finally got to meet a lot of the Oregon unit Streamers. They are fabulous and fun!! So now that I have my first one under my belt, I'm roarin' to go!!! Thanks again Carol, for keeping this ball rolling and working out all the particulars. I'm prayin' for pennies from heaven for you so you get to come! Lots of pennies!!! Take care, ~Cari~
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Exclamation

~BUMP~

OK ladies the info is up on the rally calendar. If you would like to add your RSVP and comments it is ready for you. I think Janet will be adding the rally sign shortly. We need to move this best underadvertised rally to the forefront and recruit!

Airstream Forums - Woman's Rally 2011-The Pajama Party

Just to reiterate the rally info here as well,

Friday August 12 through Sunday August 14, 2011

Lake Huron Campground
2353 N. Lakeshore Road (M-25)
Port Sanilac, Michigan 48419

Toll free: 866-360-CAMP(2267) Local: 810-622-0110

Michigan Camping and Campgrounds - RV Resort - RV Camping

photography
Old 07-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The Rivette Store at Cafe Press is still up if anyone wants to order a shirt or mug. There is even a souvineer Summer Solstice mug with its signature sunray medallion from the Rivettes first annual rally circa 2006.

Rivette Store at Cafe Press
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rivetteshop.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	134294  

photography
Old 07-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Almost time to finally sit down and enjoy a bit of this summer!!!

Our was finally listed yesterday and signs put up. Not 2 hours later we had someone drive in to see the place without an agent - so I had to call and ask if it was okay. Two hours later another person came. Were not even finished yet. So now today we are rushing around like mad people (not that we haven't been for the last 8 weeks purging and building and well I have no knees and fingers left and poor Peter is plugging along the best he can)

We have an official showing already tomorrow - so that is all very encouraging for us. We hope to sell asap!!

Just thought I would throw the listing here - as it is a Snowbirders haven that we are kind of sad that we are having to sell - but life goes on and new horizons to seek.

Peter is anxious now to get working on the "ladybug" which he is yet to rename to make it his "man" kingdom on wheels - I think he is also excited to sell as he will be changing out the little car for his new man TV as well.

Niether of us have any idea where we are going to live - so the park bench storage unit is our only saving grace along with the two Airstreams.

I have to locate near school for this next year, and Peter is sticking around his employment until he decides if he wants a new job with less "Public infection" as he is now immune suppressant instead of being a diabetic.

He has had quite a time with his nuets as they are called and low white blood cell counts, while his system levels out with the anti-rejection and immune suppressant drugs. Still not back at work until his nuets are up to safe levels of 2.5 - he is still around 1.5 but way up from the .7 he has been at for the past 9 weeks. The seriousness is .5 he has to go to the hospital in isolation. So being out here in the country away from people has been a saving grace really.

Sorry Ladies I still can't confirm my attendance....still in dire straights waiting on his now long term disability pay to come in...Ugh this has been a real strain all way round....can't wait to have the comfort and solitude of the ModPod running that yellow line that is a big for sure.

As I have said if I am free and have the pennies I will do my best to make the rally!!!

3551 County Road 6, Dummer, Ontario, Canada - Apsley Real Estate
Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Hi Sharon. You're house is absolutely beautiful!! I'm sorry you are in a situation that forces you to sell it. I'm a firm believer that where there is empty space, there is room for something wonderful to fill it. You sound very optimistic too and very sweet. Even if you can't make it, maybe a few of us, can come up to your place and have another PJ party there. Ya never know what these wild women will do!!!!

While you are waiting for pennies from heaven, know that you're Silver Sisters are sending you showers of positive, healing and loving thoughts!!! Take care and we'll talk to you later!!! Ciao!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
Hi Carol. .....

psssst don't tell Carol but....I'm the prettier one - Sharon - But her trailer is longer than mine and she has lots and lots of miles - on her trailer that is......THUD!!! okay that was Carol just around the corner giving me a huge whollap right about now.

I know I know it is really hard to keep all us fab women solo towers all under the right hood - silver hood that is...

Thanks on the house comment - she is a beauty, not too big not too small peaceful, out in the country. But it also has its drawbacks too as far as working and keeping up with the gardens ugh!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #70
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
It's me again Carol. I love that Rivette Store at Cafe Press website!!! I'm totally going to order a t-shirt. Too fun!!! Thanks for sharing!