Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2008 27' Classic FB
Oak Harbor , Washington
Gotta kick my 2 cents in: 2 bonuses in the area.

If you haven't smelled horseradish growing, then you've missed one of life's pleasures. There were any number of fields there 2 years ago.

There is a large formation of rock called the Peninsula near Newell. Come at dusk and watch countless hawks return and owls leave. Amazing.

And you haven't even entered Lava Beds NM yet.

Bill
Taj MaHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Thanks Bill. Great info! We're realizing this trip is going to be full of these kinds of treasures.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
we are looking into it

I have allways wanted to go the the lava beds. We almost stopped on our way to Ashland OR but decided to go fishing at Hat creek instead. We will check out our calendars and hopefully join you all.
cheers
D
DandB^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Hi;
This will be our first rally/meeting/get together. We just got a 2005 Land Yacht, 30' S/O and are really pumped up. The destination looks great and we've used Ashland as a midway point when driving to the NorthWest...except it was just a car back then.
Calendar issues need to be resolved but the photos from the rv park are great incentive.
TerraYacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandB^2 View Post
I have allways wanted to go the the lava beds. We almost stopped on our way to Ashland OR but decided to go fishing at Hat creek instead. We will check out our calendars and hopefully join you all.
cheers
D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraYacht View Post
Hi;
This will be our first rally/meeting/get together. We just got a 2005 Land Yacht, 30' S/O and are really pumped up. The destination looks great and we've used Ashland as a midway point when driving to the NorthWest...except it was just a car back then.
Calendar issues need to be resolved but the photos from the rv park are great incentive.

hope both your calendars work out for you all to join us. doug we missed you and bin bin at casini. your old tree was lonely. lava beds will be a small rally but it is going to be fun i guarantee! there is so much to see at lava beds it's amazing that it is a secret. the night sky alone is worth the price of admission. just sit out on the grass with a night cap on the warm summer evenings and watch the show. it was fantastic last summer! i can't wait.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Hey Dan,

Just thought I'd give you a "heads up". I'm not sure about whether I'll be able to make the rally. I need to have some Airstream repairs done this summer, the result of an unfortunate encounter with the AS and a tree. The current estimate for repairs is about $21,000. The insurance company is going over the estimate now. I'm just waiting for the approval to begin the repairs. Assuming it all gets repaired in the next couple of weeks, I'll be there, as good as new. Should there be delays... I may not make it. I'll keep you posted.
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road View Post
Hey Dan,

Just thought I'd give you a "heads up". I'm not sure about whether I'll be able to make the rally. I need to have some Airstream repairs done this summer, the result of an unfortunate encounter with the AS and a tree. The current estimate for repairs is about $21,000. The insurance company is going over the estimate now. I'm just waiting for the approval to begin the repairs. Assuming it all gets repaired in the next couple of weeks, I'll be there, as good as new. Should there be delays... I may not make it. I'll keep you posted.
OUCH! Sorry to hear that. Did the AS hit the tree or did the tree hit the AS?
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road View Post
Hey Dan,

WOW cam! that's really bad news. $21k? omg! now i don't feel so bad about my dent. well i hope toscano makes it like new. they did nice work when i had an encounter with a tree with my first as. well at least now you can get those other rivet problems taken care of. hopefully they can get it done so you can make the lava beds. i was sooo looking forward to relaxing with you up there. i am sending positive waves that your trailer will be like new before august. i would like to see some pics of the damage if its not too painful. take care and hope to see you at the lava beds.

Come rally with us.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
How Are the Calendars Looking?

now that we are getting close to july, maybe everyone has their calendars squared away. anybody confirmed for the lava beds?? a friend of mine (ReedO) just picked up a '77 airstream and will be attending his first rally at the lava beds!

so i'm going to start the rally list. add to the list if you can make the rally.

Lava Beds Rally List
Big Dee.................................Dan and dogs Deakin and Addie
ReedO...................................Reed, Aimee, Rachel, Jacob, and Will
janetb...................................Janet and Terry
SlvrSt8Steve..........................Steve
NorCal Bambi.........................Don and Claudia

Hopefulls
Hit'the'road, Coastalview, Freshair, 2air', TerraYacht, DandB^2, Otters, asherkobin, Muddy Waters

Come rally with us.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee View Post
now that we are getting close to july, maybe everyone has their calendars squared away. anybody confirmed for the lava beds?? a friend of mine (ReedO) just picked up a '77 airstream and will be attending his first rally at the lava beds!

so i'm going to start the rally list. add to the list if you can make the rally.

Lava Beds Rally List
Big Dee.................................Dan and dogs Deakin and Addie
ReedO...................................Reed, Aimee, Rachel, Jacob, and Will
janetb...................................Janet and Terry
SlvrSt8Steve..........................Steve
NorCal Bambi.........................Don and Claudia

Hopefulls
Hit'the'road, Coastalview, Freshair, 2air', TerraYacht, DandB^2, Otters, asherkobin, Muddy Waters
We would like to be there but can't commit just yet.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
We have to be removed from the "hopeful" list: relatives arriving for that week, and they have no other possible visit time this summer.
Please tip a glass for us and all others that wanted to join you but couldn't this year, and we will do the same.
TerraYacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

dublin , California
How do you go about getting involved in NORCAL Rallies

How do they work.
How often do you plan trips.
What do you need to get involved.

I do as much streaming as possible, but my wife sometimes can't leave her work as we make plans. I still go out with my golden retrievers if she can't. It would be nice to meet up with some people of same interest.

Any help is appreciated.

Rick
rbkhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkhale View Post
How do they work.
How often do you plan trips.
What do you need to get involved.

I do as much streaming as possible, but my wife sometimes can't leave her work as we make plans. I still go out with my golden retrievers if she can't. It would be nice to meet up with some people of same interest.

Any help is appreciated.

Rick

hi rick,

all you have to do to join a norcal rally is COME to the rally! in this case, let the park know you are coming then come. no fees, no rules. as for activities, we usually tour each other's rigs and have a big saturday night pot luck. other then that, we just eat, drink, and be merry. dogs are always part of the rally. we have 2-3 rallies a year so if you can't make the lava beds rally, there's a rally in the fall in jackson. i hope you will join us.

Come rally with us.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

dublin , California
Sounds fun

Big D

Sounds like an easy process. Don't be Surprised to see me, our dogs, or my wife. Planning with us is usually a last minute decision due to scheduling. Hopefully we can all make it.

Rick
Old 07-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Rallying should be easy..

Dan--

Sounds like a great trip you've got planned, and I'll be thinking of you with glass of wine and sky full of stars and dogs sleeping quietly waiting to go inside... Sounds good.. We're off to Toscano's for some minor services and new power supply charger this week, to be sure all is ready for Arizona in October...

Rick- If you can get away and go, you'd enjoy it.. NorCal Forum Rallies range from 30 trailers (Russian River in April) to as few as 4 or 5.. Rules include: Show up, Participate in Saturday Dinner (unless you have something else planned), Have good time... Not nearly as structured as some events, with lots of time free for napping, yakking, touring or just hanging out.. No early breakfast calls, no need for alarms, and not much in the way of organized activities.. As proof, if you have favorite place and a wekend you know your wife can be free from work, you could organize yoru own Rally by just picking a spot, announcing it here, and looking forward to see who shows up.. Pot-Lucks aren't that tough, once you figure out where to get the tables and what to do with leftover food.. .

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #56
2 Rivet Member

dublin , California
Newbie NORCAL Rally

JohnMc,

Thanks for your encouragement. Sounds right up our ally. We love to have a good time, participate with events, pot lucks etc. We also like to pace our selfs. Were laid back. Can't wait to meet you all.

Rick
Old 07-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Hey Dan, we won't be able to make this trip. Work over load and I'll be in New Orleans for a convention. We will see you in Jackson!
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #58
Mr. Peeps, Pull-It Master

2007 25' International CCD
Pleasanton , California
We'll be thinking of you

Hi Dan,
Unfortunately, Ron and I will not be able to make the Rally. At the end of our recent cross-country trip, we had some tire and maybe axle problems on the AS, that we need to have checked by the dealer. We're not going to be able to have it done before the Rally. We definitely want to try this spot though, so next time... Have fun and take lots of pix.

Linda
Old 07-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Dan,
Terry and I have signed off too, sorry to say. It looks like such a terrific place, and it would have been much fun to experience it with someone who's been there and knows the ropes.
But life has a way of interfering with our fantasies, and this time we have to buckle... for just a while.
Please gaze at some stars for us.
Look forward to seeing you and your sweet mutts at Jackson!
Have fun and take care.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Awww,Gee, Dan; So sorry to see some are bowing out. Lynn and I must also. We were going to make this an interesting journey up 395 begining with a cruise with our convertible and TradeWind at Reno's Hot August Nights festival and cruise night next week. We have 'done' HAN with the car several times before and had a blast. The '66 AS behind our converible would have been great fun this time as would have Lava Beds. We will see you at Jackson, however. All of you have fun and we will be expecting to hear, "Ya shoulda been up there!" from you.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid