Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #295
3 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Rogue River , Oregon
Thumbs up Casini

We are so glad Kathy is home, that means she will be ready to party soon, well maybe not too soon. Hope to see Jeff, Collin & Kathy at Casini. We are looking forward to seeing old & new friends.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #296
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
divide & conquer

I see on the sign up page that 27 folks have placed their intent to attend this shindig!!
as Miley Cirus says--That's pretty cool, hey.
I've not met 9 of these attendees, that 1/3. so how does one divide this up, if there's a odd total , slice up someone? or just feed someone to 1&1/3 their size? or just leave it alone. probably huh.
these cosmic questions continue to haunt me in the early morning hours.
must be a lot of broken keyboards out there.
back to the kayak thing, last time---anyone else bringing their watercraft??
Is "Justified" a great show or what?

also noticed at the bottom of the page a comparison of posts from past years rallies-- seems as fewer are posting, back to the broken keyboard thing.gas up now before fuel hits six bucks, yup you heard it here, 6 $$$. time for sign language thing

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #297
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
also noticed at the bottom of the page a comparison of posts from past years rallies-- seems as fewer are posting, back to the broken keyboard thing.gas up now before fuel hits six bucks, yup you heard it here, 6 $$$. time for sign language thing
The keyboard works fine, just need someone to have time to use it. The hand doctor says I can still type so...I'm typing.
Starting to get the TerraYacht ready, it has not been out all winter: last Fall I had some roof sealing done, modified the speaker hookups for better tunes, got a new sewer setup to try out, nursing a sick kitty, Andrea is taking him to acupuncture Tuesday, and, unlike some of our 'Streamers, I still have an RJ (real job).
We are looking forward to Casini, 7 weeks or so, & my sister-and brother-in-law may join us in their SOB.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #298
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraYacht View Post
The keyboard works fine, just need someone to have time to use it. The hand doctor says I can still type so...I'm typing.
Starting to get the TerraYacht ready, it has not been out all winter: last Fall I had some roof sealing done, modified the speaker hookups for better tunes, got a new sewer setup to try out, nursing a sick kitty, Andrea is taking him to acupuncture Tuesday, and, unlike some of our 'Streamers, I still have an RJ (real job).
We are looking forward to Casini, 7 weeks or so, & my sister-and brother-in-law may join us in their SOB.
Acupuncture for the kitty? Yikes!

I know what you mean.. the airstream was put away in her shelter after Jackson and hasnt moved yet..

With diesel at $4.19 this morning it wont move until Casini...

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #299
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Jeff,
I thought this thread was cold then I check in for a shocker! (Thanks to Cam for the heads up) I am at a loss for words and in shock to hear the bad news about Kathy. I am devastated but also happy to hear Kathy is home in her bed and in recovery mode. I am a big believer in the power of positive thinking and I will not even entertain the idea that my old neighbors at every single NorCal rally will be missing at Casini. No way! I will call you tomorrow Jeff for a quick check in with you. I join all the good people on this thread to send my love and positive thoughts to the Ray family. I love you guys!
Dan

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #300
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
We have been, quietly, sending our thoughts and energy to Kathy as well. I recall a study last year that claimed that people who had others working/focusing/praying on their getting better had better outcomes than people who were not getting that external energy focus. Its one of those things that one cannot explain with objective facts, but it works. No need to post, just send your energies out. A friend in Mariposa has just had some news about his pancreatic cancer being less serious than origninally thought. Our friends on this chat board need the same energy...you know who they are.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #301
2 Rivet Member

2003 34' Classic S/O
San Jose , California
Hey DG,

Doorgunner, I am probably one of those lazy types, but we are in Needles CA warming up for the rally. Out on the road the cover of the A/C unit left us. Hope no one was behind. The other cover looks to be cracked a little, could be the mechanic used too much torque, or could be the composite wore out in the sun. I don't know if it will be fixed by Cassini, so we may bring in a wounded friend.

Yuma tomorrow -- ps, the repair shop who last worked on the unit said the function will not be hurt by the lack of a plastic top. We hope so,

Ken and Shanah
Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #302
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Ken...

The S/O's must represent... cant be showing up without an a/c cover all exposed like that...

DG said he was willing to climb up there install a new one.. plus he has those little suction dent pully things to remove all his footprints..

Meatloaf Vinnie

Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #303
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
[QUOTE=Airslide;

Meatloaf Vinnie[/QUOTE]

Weeeeell.....I guess, 'Meatloaf' Vinnie sounds better than, 'Shrimp' Vinnie. I guess you're reconditioning us to accept meatloaf over shrimp.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #304
2 Rivet Member

2003 34' Classic S/O
San Jose , California
If I cannot get it fixed in time I know a trick

Vinnie,

When I was down south, we just covered holes in the roof with blue tarp. Looks pretty and keeps the harsh sun off the roof. (I assume we will not have rain this year, since the sky will have rained out by then.)

And DG is not heavy enough to make dents.

If things look too ugly, just have another gin and tonic--thats what I say. I will bring the Rangpur.

Ken
Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #305
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Remember the Margarita Ball!

Just doing daily check in, and wondered how many of our Airstreams will have been resting comfortably since Jackson.. Two weekends in 7 months is not really living the Wally Values of Fun, Travel and Adventure.. Sad.. Afraid to set up a poll, for fear the answer would be "Lots".. We are seriously committed to at least roll somewhere ahead of Casini to test systems before needing them, as usual...

Wanted to put a couple reminders up for folks who may be "Checking in.."

1. There will be plenty of wine at the Friday Cocktail Party, but there will also be the legendary Margarita Ball, filled with chilled Margarita's ready to pump into a glass with salt... Dianne will be in the area keeping an eye on it...
2. If ANYONE has change of plans and needs to cancel, please let me know first before calling Casini Ranch. They have a waiting list of Motorhomes and fifth Wheels hoping to get in, but I have a list of people looking to relocate, and we can make sure the central area is shiny silver to the max if we coordinate the cancellations and re-bookings.
3. If you haven't logged into the "Sign-Up Page" at the Forums, it would be helpful (though of course, not mandatory....) We will try to assemble a listing of Forum names and real names (but for Linda Lou...) to help people during social hours and meet & greets...
4. While it is perfectly OK to sit under the awning and sip a beverage or nap all day, if people do have questions about activities in the area, please either PM me or post them here... There are truly lots of things to do within an hour or 90 minutes of Casini, and individual adventures are encouraged.. If you don't join Doorgunner and bring your Kayak, you can drive upstream to the "Bob" Trowbridge Canoe Rental place and rent a plastic kayak or canoe and paddle down the river as well.

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #306
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Hmmm,

Kayaking...... I wonder if my better half would be ok with watching the 2 kids, dog and talking with all of our friends. While I'm out kayaking and drinking beer. I just might have to run this past her this weekend. I figure a few glasses of wine in her. How could she say NO!!!!!!

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #307
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
Hmmm,

Kayaking...... I wonder if my better half would be ok with watching the 2 kids, dog and talking with all of our friends. While I'm out kayaking and drinking beer. I just might have to run this past her this weekend. I figure a few glasses of wine in her. How could she say NO!!!!!!

Easy...

It goes like this. No.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #308
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Easy...

It goes like this. No.