Old 03-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #561
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
SNOW DAY.........Vinnie.......'film at 11'.........or whenever.

Neil
I don't want to dissappoint..........2012 SNOWDAY piccys.

Neil

Oh, it's still snowing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05926.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	153716   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05919.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	153717  

Name:	DSC05942.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	153718   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05954.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	153719  

Name:	DSC05953.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	153720   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05961.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	153721  

Name:	DSC05933.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	153722   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05941.jpg
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	153723  

Name:	DSC05932.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	153724   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05934.jpg
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	153725  

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #562
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
For all the newbies... Neil starts posting snow day pictures on or around Casini time. Then I start posting pictures of sunsets.. all in an attempt to twart off the possibility of rain!

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #563
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
Tons of rain here, and passing Casini on Thursday, the lowest beachy area was under water- the beach, not the camping near the beach, the water wasn't that high. Hopefully by Rally time, the sky will be all rained out.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #564
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
For all the newbies... Neil starts posting snow day pictures on or around Casini time. Then I start posting pictures of sunsets.. all in an attempt to twart off the possibility of rain!
Vinnie, your sunsets have to be current. This week is 'supposed' to warm up. So I may have some sunsets too.

Don't get me wrong...I like snow, I grew up in Michigan, BUT, I have some polishing to do before the rally!

Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #565
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
egg pot

Neil[/QUOTE]

Neil, Hi... thx, for the piccy's... we had snow this morning too.. we're in Netarts right now in the DIR... snow's gone and at the moment it's sunny and warm... That's Oregon warm, like 50's...
That pot sitting on your hearth, I have the exact same one... it's a "thousand year egg pot" ... I believe the story goes that boiled eggs were stored in the pots, packed in mud and aged... yuck, I think I'll go look that up on line.... I hope Pink doesn't use those eggs for her treat
ok, hugs everyone... gail
Old 03-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #566
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Gail.. refresh our memory on what DIR stands for again.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #567
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Neil
Neil, Hi... thx, for the piccy's... we had snow this morning too.. we're in Netarts right now in the DIR... snow's gone and at the moment it's sunny and warm... That's Oregon warm, like 50's...
That pot sitting on your hearth, I have the exact same one... it's a "thousand year egg pot" ... I believe the story goes that boiled eggs were stored in the pots, packed in mud and aged... yuck, I think I'll go look that up on line.... I hope Pink doesn't use those eggs for her treat
ok, hugs everyone... gail[/QUOTE]

Gail, we've had those and other 'egg' pots for years. I worked for Macy's as a visual merch. and production manager for 50 years. I bought (for Macy's) hundreds of decorative items such as these. The pots I bought and used in the stores during the '70s and '80s to use as planters for live plants such as ficus trees and decoratives. When that trend fased out we sold them to whoever wanted them.....me included. I remember when our shipment of those egg pots arrived directly from Aisia. The paper mache' like wraps that were use to seal the eggs in were still stuck on those pots as was some of the dirt.
Now next to the fireplace we used them for storing firewood. The one to the left for the split logs and right kindling. Looks like I need to trudge out into the snow (still snowing) to the wood pile and carry more wood in.
Neil
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC05963.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	153786  
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #568
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
DIR1 is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Gail.. refresh our memory on what DIR stands for again.
That was Don's idea... it's Diamond In the Rough... but if you put the "t" in it looks too much like "dirt" misspelled... which would have applied also.. I called her our little dear or dear one... so the 1 got added... I was going for Alumaleaky... as it had zillions... (all of which he's managed to stop, by the way).... but he C-Z'd that idea...

Don had a big fancy 31ft white box with 2 slides when we met... I didn't care for it... Then I saw the DIR on an RV lot near Astoria with a for sale sign on it!!!... I'd always loved them and had thought it would be a grand idea to retire in one... That's a pre-Don idea though, he's not big on fulltiming... it's the garage thing, the tools... can't let go... so we just scoot around in her when we can... we workd on it for over a year before it ever left the driveway...ok, I'm blathering here... TMI... keep having fun!!! I am getting excited about Casini... planning, must plan... Hugs from here.. gail
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #569
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Bay City , Oregon
egg pots

Quote:
ok, hugs everyone... gail

Gail, we've had those and other 'egg' pots for years. I worked for Macy's as a visual merch. and production manager for 50 years. I bought (for Macy's) hundreds of decorative items such as these. The pots I bought and used in the stores during the '70s and '80s to use as planters for live plants such as ficus trees and decoratives. When that trend fased out we sold them to whoever wanted them.....me included. I remember when our shipment of those egg pots arrived directly from Aisia. The paper mache' like wraps that were use to seal the eggs in were still stuck on those pots as was some of the dirt.
Now next to the fireplace we used them for storing firewood. The one to the left for the split logs and right kindling. Looks like I need to trudge out into the snow (still snowing) to the wood pile and carry more wood in.
Neil[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Neil.. I got mine from my cousin, who got them in Chinatown in SF... she had drilled holes in the bottoms, so probably got the idea from the Macy's store and they still had the mud in them also.. you could see the impression of the eggs... I have one left and plan to make a water feature out of it for the deck... plug the bottom, add a pump, some water plants.. Wala!!! water feature!!! Your Macy's work sounds really interesting... we much chat at the rally!!! hugs to you and everyone...bye again, gail
Old 03-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #570
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Neil
Thanks for the info Neil.. I got mine from my cousin, who got them in Chinatown in SF... she had drilled holes in the bottoms, so probably got the idea from the Macy's store and they still had the mud in them also.. you could see the impression of the eggs... I have one left and plan to make a water feature out of it for the deck... plug the bottom, add a pump, some water plants.. Wala!!! water feature!!! Your Macy's work sounds really interesting... we much chat at the rally!!! hugs to you and everyone...bye again, gail[/QUOTE]

Yes, Gail, 'chat' is popular at these rallies.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #571
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Ok.. Thanks Gail. Now we know.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #572
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
We're supposed to get snow on Tuesday... *sigh* And its been so nice out!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #573
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlee View Post
We're supposed to get snow on Tuesday... *sigh* And its been so nice out!
You're getting our left-over. I've been shoveling the looooong driveway today.......nappy time.

Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #574
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
Quote:
Thanks for the info Neil.. I got mine from my cousin, who got them in Chinatown in SF... she had drilled holes in the bottoms, so probably got the idea from the Macy's store and they still had the mud in them also.. you could see the impression of the eggs... I have one left and plan to make a water feature out of it for the deck... plug the bottom, add a pump, some water plants.. Wala!!! water feature!!! Your Macy's work sounds really interesting... we much chat at the rally!!! hugs to you and everyone...bye again, gail
If anyone is interested in Asian storage pots and is coming up 880 through Oakland, Aw pottery, 66th and the freeway, you can see the piles of pots, is where Scott gets a lot of stuff for his landscaping business. It's worth a stop if you're interested in Asian storage jars and you've got the time, and the room to haul them home.