Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #661
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
o.k. one boat and all the stuff you'll need.
It'll be fun
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #662
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Nevada City , California
Unhappy Embarrassed

We are newbies and are members of the Nor Cal Unit. We signed up for this rally thinking it was our unit. I should say we signed up at the Casini Ranch. After a few weeks we discovered our mistake, but thought it would be fun because it is a group of Airstreamers. We are totally out of the loop because we didn't go through a rally chair. Tonight I got onto the Forum and read about rally crashers! We appear to be fitting, unintentionally, into that category. We are not that type of couple. Please tell us what to do. We are happy to bring food, pay fees or just not attend any socializing or food and drink events.
I saw the name Nor Cal and thought it was our group, so we signed up by going directly to the ranch. Watch out for newbies! We about gave our unit prez a heart attack as I e-mailed him as to why the Casini Ranch rally was not in our news letter. He thought he had had a senior moment!
I don't know if the ranch will refund our money or not. We are very sorry for any inconvenience to any one. Joan and Michael Good
Orson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #663
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Please don't cancel! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

There isn't really a "rally chair" although Airslide tries to keep a map of who has signed up where so that we can keep each other straight.

There are no fees due, just your campsite fees that you pay to Casini for your site. The rest is a do-it-ourselves social event.

There is an informal happy hour on Friday and a potluck on Saturday. You can sign up on the list (copy the last version, paste it into a "reply" box, add yourself to the bottom), or say what you're bringing and someone else will add you, or you can decide what to bring at the last minute and just show up.

It's very casual, very social and a lot of fun. All Airstreamers are welcome.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #664
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orson View Post
We are newbies and are members of the Nor Cal Unit. We signed up for this rally thinking it was our unit. I should say we signed up at the Casini Ranch. After a few weeks we discovered our mistake, but thought it would be fun because it is a group of Airstreamers. We are totally out of the loop because we didn't go through a rally chair. Tonight I got onto the Forum and read about rally crashers! We appear to be fitting, unintentionally, into that category. We are not that type of couple. Please tell us what to do. We are happy to bring food, pay fees or just not attend any socializing or food and drink events.
I saw the name Nor Cal and thought it was our group, so we signed up by going directly to the ranch. Watch out for newbies! We about gave our unit prez a heart attack as I e-mailed him as to why the Casini Ranch rally was not in our news letter. He thought he had had a senior moment!
I don't know if the ranch will refund our money or not. We are very sorry for any inconvenience to any one. Joan and Michael Good
Joan & Michael,

All are welcome to the Casini Rally! This is a great group of folks and they welcomed us at the rally last fall at Jackson Ranchria. There is only one rule that they have and that rule is "don't be late to the pot luck dinner". We can' wait to meet you both.
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #665
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
Hi there Joan and Michael, no need to back out now!
Let me know what site you have and I'll add you to our site map

See ya there,
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #666
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Nevada City?! I love Nevada City....

Just the fact that you live there makes you way cool in my book. So lets not have anymore talk about backing out of the rally.. you guys are in.

Jeff.. Did you see my post about the banquet room? Do you remember someone saying they booked it just incase Neil brings snow? or posts snow pictures.. or talks about snow eh?

I dont think we have ever needed it but we all cant fit under DG's awning..

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #667
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
We are relative newbies: bought our 'Stream jsut 3 years ago & stumbled on/discovered this rally and met a bunch of great people. They welcomed us even though our Airstream isn't silver! Now we get a chance to welcome you. A friend of ours moved to Nevada City a few years ago but we have not been up to see him, so maybe you can tell us what the area is like.

Casini is really nice and there is enough great food for Saturday night that you will not leave hungry. We suggest you bring your drink of choice, and, as mentioned above, don't do what we did once and miss the 6 PM start time, or the line is long and the choices start to narrow. There's always seconds, thirds and too much dessert too.

You may already have noticed, by these postings, that there is a great, and somewhat unique, group of people attending (emphasis on "unique").

See you next week!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #668
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
been there done that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post

I dont think we have ever needed it but we all cant fit under DG's awning..

Vinnie
Wrong Vinnie;
prior to you joining up with this group we had a rainy pot luck at Lake San Antonio. we attached tarps to my awning and moved tables under the protected area. was quite a time. then it stopped raining in time for the "burning of the spider" bonfire..
having said that I will bring my 20 X 30 tarp with us. now just how to support it is another dilemma what with the no tying to trees rules Casini has.
hey Orson- you can drop off a hundred bucks , a few cases of wine. some beads, stuff like that at my site , that should make you feel better, lol
no buyers for my trailer, yet, guess that means we'll definitely be there with the old rig.
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #669
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
Wrong Vinnie;
prior to you joining up with this group we had a rainy pot luck at Lake San Antonio. we attached tarps to my awning and moved tables under the protected area. was quite a time. then it stopped raining in time for the "burning of the spider" bonfire..
having said that I will bring my 20 X 30 tarp with us. now just how to support it is another dilemma what with the no tying to trees rules Casini has.
hey Orson- you can drop off a hundred bucks , a few cases of wine. some beads, stuff like that at my site , that should make you feel better, lol
no buyers for my trailer, yet, guess that means we'll definitely be there with the old rig.

LAKE SAN ANTONIO, OCTOBER 2007. We weren't prepared for the rain. Imagine how it could be this time IF we are prepared.

Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug. 10 to Sept. 16 2007 346.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	155114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug. 10 to Sept. 16 2007 348.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	155115  

Name:	Aug. 10 to Sept. 16 2007 353.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	155116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug. 10 to Sept. 16 2007 355.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	155117  

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #670
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
While we're adding new people, Pennylynne posted in the Silver Sisters thread that she's made reservations for Sat - Mon. at Casini. This is going to be one huge gathering.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #671
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Weather Forecast Duncans Mills, CA | Duncans Mills Weather | Wunderground

Long range forcast has pot luck Saturday night to be cloudy. I have a 14 x 16 easy up canopy that can solve some of the problem of not having trees to use. We can 'anchor' tarps. I also have a couple of tent poles. HOWEVER.....if it is windy........ Then again think.......how......many.....people......will.... ....need.......shelter?

Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 04-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #672
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
Wrong Vinnie;

Orson... never mind DG.. first rule of thumb. He is our resident jokester...

I have heard the tarp stories thus my question of the available room lol

Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #673
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
welcome Joan and Micheal! Exactly seven days till blast off for us!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #674
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Nevada City?! I love Nevada City....

Jeff.. Did you see my post about the banquet room? Do you remember someone saying they booked it just incase Neil brings snow? or posts snow pictures.. or talks about snow eh?

Vinnie

SNOW!!!!! Someone say SNOW! Snow at Casini......now that will be a challenge....

Neil
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DEC. 25, 2006 - APRIL 14, 2007087.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	155131  
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #675
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Neil.. no more snow pictures.. time to start thinking of sunshine..

Your a photographer... we need some sunsets going on now to get the karma flowing lol

Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #676
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Neil.. no more snow pictures.. time to start thinking of sunshine..

Your a photographer... we need some sunsets going on now to get the karma flowing lol

Sunsets.....oh, I got those.....my favorite from Lake San Antonio is from the beach, the photo that made the cover of Airsream Life the next year. Lake San Antonio rally had everything....warm sun.....rain......and the 'burning of the spider' ceremony after the damp pot luck. Lake San Antonio is noted for it's tarantula inhabitants.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PA250130.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	155138   Click image for larger version

Name:	AUG. 10 TO SEPT. 16 2007 369.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	155139  

Name:	AUG. 10 TO SEPT. 16 2007 394.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	155140   Click image for larger version

Name:	AUG. 10 TO SEPT. 16 2007 401.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	155141  

Name:	AUG. 10 TO SEPT. 16 2007 327.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	605.8 KB
ID:	155144  
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #677
Tin Tippster

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1970 18' Caravel
1963 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
St. Helena , California
Ok so sounds like one hundred name tags is just a little shy but I have face paint if needed! I 've decided to come on thursday night just because... so looking forward to joining the early birds!!! Also Meatball subs for potluck. Let the games begin!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #678
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
We miss the alumalounge... :-(

Old 04-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #679
Rivet Master

1981 20' International
Shasta Lake City , California
Sorry to say that The Bunny and I will not make the Casini Rally. Hope to seeya all at Jackson in the fall. So our site down by the river is open....

Come and see me at: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f185...-71804-60.html
Trex "Airstream Nomad"
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #680
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Hey Trex.. we will miss you. See you at Jackson!