Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2005, 07:49 AM   #29
1963 26' Overlander
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 19' Globetrotter
Portola Hills , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Let me know what you all think. Who knows what campgrounds are better at San Antonio? North shore or south shore? Opinions, please.
The North Shore has no hookups, but has sites right by the water. Those are primitive sites, somtimes called "unimproved".
The South Shore has several camping areas, but only one with full hookups. The one with the hookups is on a plateau a bit off the lake. The sites are terraced into the rolling hills of this area, and well spaced. I have not seen the group sites.
Redonda Vista is the most spacious camping area at South Shore. It is also the area with full hookups, if that is desired. The sites are arranged in Loops, and they are generously dimensioned.
It has 86 full hookup sites, and 173 no hookup sites. There are 7 public restrooms,and 3 shower buildings.
Lynch campground is closer to the water, Marina and boat launch. It has electric sites, if memory serves me right. There is a store, and a dump station. The sites are shaded and sort of cozy, but the access roads are steep and can be difficult to navigate with larger rigs.
Lynch has 54 campsites with water and electricity only.
Harris Creek is at the southern tip of the developed area around the lake. I have not visited it, but it does contain a group camp and dump station.
It is said to have 26 sites with water and electricity, plus 91 regular sites.

I am unfamiliar with the layout on the North Shore.

uwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:25 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member
Big Dee, your a gentleman for putting together another event. Being somewhat close to PCV for a number of years I would be willing to contact and see if we can get on the north side of the park for those dates. Give me a number to ask for, there is a small group of sites located on the north side around the horse shoe rings that might work.

Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:39 AM   #31
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Excella- Please do contact PCV and use your juice to get us some good sites. The group name is Airstream Forums. I'll wait on San Antonio until we hear from you. Good luck.

Uwe- I'll call this week to see what's available at San Antonio. Are there certain campgrounds that we don't want? Sounds like Redonda Vista is the nicest. Lynch sounds a little tight.

Jeff- I think you said you've been to the north shore. Any campground impressions?

The rally date is still October 7-9.
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:53 AM   #32
Rivet Master
2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Big Dee, your close to what you heard, but the north shore I spoke of, is at another lake. I have friends that camp at Lake San Antonio at the south shore campgrounds a lot. I don't remember, but I'll ask again, as to which ones they enjoyed with full hookups. I do remember being told they are above the lake a bit, and very tranquil, and october will be very dry. Jeff
AIR: 649
TAC: CA-40
Northern California Airstreamers
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:39 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member
Big Dee I can get 15 sites on the north side that back up to oneanother but must do it today. Please be firm on number of sites as you know it will charged to someone. You can call me at 909 989-0905 . Oct 7-9 is the date
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member
We have until Wednesday for final confirmation. These are premium sites for those of you that have been to PCV. I'll bring the smoker and smoke ribs, brisket & chicken and vegies
Old 04-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #35
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thumbs down Wow, Excella Comes Thru!

NorCal Ralliers-

Super happy to report that Excella has used his share holder special powers at PCV to swing us 15 AWESOME sites on the north side of the park. Grass, trees, big spaced sites! Cool! Everyone think FUN AT THE BEACH! I have already paid the hefty deposit ($47.30 per site) so I will let everyone know how to get a deposit to me. We have 15 sites and I bet they go fast so be ready to get the deposit in. This will be a great rally!

Here is the website again- look at those pics!: Pismo Coast Village
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Count us in for PCV! Thanks Excella 3287 and Big Dee for making all of the inquiries and arrangements. Let us know where to send the deposit $$$$.

As for the distance and gas prices: at least it's all downhill from NorCal

Meanwhile, we're looking at Casini Ranch for sometime in the middle of summer. We stayed there last year in August and it's a totally different setting than when we were all there in April. Being near the water and sitting on the sunny beach, we roughed it with partial hook-ups. We brought our canoe, swam and had a blast! Anyone else interested? We haven't reserved anything yet, due to our kids' ever-changing schedules.
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:22 AM   #37
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Condoluminum is in...

Big Dee-

Similar thanks to Excella for "negotiating" with PCV folks, and we're committed to join event in Oct, plus or minus troubling work schedule.. We'd be happy to send deposit, and guarantee payment, even if we have last minute crisis and have to try and sublet our spot...

Dianne and I are ready to go..

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 PM   #38
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
The check is in the mail...

Great going Big Dee and Excella in making the Fall Rally happen!!! Count us in, as well....the "check is in the mail" as soon as you tell us where to send it! PCV looks beautiful, and I can hardly wait to take a stroll on that beautiful sandy beach....

btw, it easy to add a couple weekdays if we decide we would like to stay longer?

Dee2 and Paul
2004 30' Airstream Classic
2011 GMC 3500HD Duramax
Hensley Arrow hitch

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
warbler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member
Hello all and thank you for the kind words, the real person responsible is Jennifer at PCV, but now understand that she works their on weekends only, she was the reservations manager. If any of you want extra days and you cannot reach Jennifer try Jessica. If I owned a business in Pismo I would have stolen Jennifer a long time ago, when it comes to customer service she is five stars. We are also thinking of coming in a day or two early, it takes a 1/2 day just to set up big bertha, BBQ smoker. Cause I've just got to do some baby backs for Big Dee.

You've done this before, once you start down the Questa grade you can coast all the way to Pismo..........LOL

Looking forward to meeting all
Old 04-27-2005, 10:41 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member
Have Bambi, will travel....

Hi all,
Pismo Beach sounds like a lot of fun. We are also in and would be happy to send a deposit -- Big Dee, let us know what the drill is.

There is a chance that we won't be back from our 6 week, 10,000 mile adventure, but if that is the case, we'll eat the deposit. It is worth it to reserve the space. We hope to be back and spend the weekend with you Streamers.

Looking forward to it,
Michele and Zach
TallZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:14 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
Visalia , California
Put us down also. Only about a two hour drive
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
Visalia, CA (between Fresno & Bakersfield)
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: - Old Airstream slides:
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:17 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member
2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Count me in!

Count me in too! Let me know how to get the deposit to you, Big Dee.

This is going to be fun.

Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote