View Poll Results: Which weekend in October?
Oct. 5-7 5 17.24%
Oct. 12-14 6 20.69%
Oct. 19-21 9 31.03%
Oct. 26-28 9 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #379
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Sunday-
5:00 "Left-Overs with the Hold-Overs" Dinner
[/quote]

Yeah, Right! At Casini there WERE no leftovers.

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:07 AM   #380
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
TARATULA's galore!!!!
We only live in a little moutain town (Placerville,CA) so we only have a K-Mart and a Wal Mart but both have plenty of TARANTULA and Spider things for the person so inclined. Such as paper goods, goblets, webs, spiders in all sizes, TARANTULAS, lights, serving dishes, linens, etc. Just thought I"d mention it for anyone who would like to really get in the mood. Every week I find sonething else. I'm not fond of spiderx (I run the other way) but this is fun getting ready for.

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:51 PM   #381
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
Hi guys, usually Scott writes on the forum. Even though the rally is one week away, I am making the stained glass airstreams,like last year. If there is a special style or size you are interested in,let me know. Last year I had bambi,and tradewind. doorgunner has dibs on the 1st one. my c is 805-453-7101. see you then. oh, I am also bringing some of my fragrant candles along that I sell for the ambiance.come by and check them out.. drive safely . Lily
Old 10-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #382
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Lily;
I got one from you last year. remember? and you're way younger than me! Now the candles will be a nice touch, since Linda Lu will be ridin shotgun this trip. Just you and Scott this time? Tim

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:00 PM   #383
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
All Right! Who is making the tarantula for the burning tarantula? This has to be done right (which means that I am not in the running for construction).
First of all, it has to be illuminated for at least one day before being burned, preferably with neon, the real stuff. Led's and COOL NEON is also acceptable. It should be made of wood and be large enough to burn nicely without setting the western half of the USA on fire.
Secondly, the Tarantula has to be burned with reverence and respect. You know, tarantulas are people too.
Lastly, are we talking full out costume burning of the tarantula or is it going to be just a touristy burning (you know, t-shirts & jeans sort of thing)?
Afterall, if we are going to sort of pattern this after Burning Man, we might as well put some BM ethos into the mix. I am not talking hippie incense burning and things like that but some of these things do have importance.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #384
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
All Right! Who is making the tarantula for the burning tarantula? This has to be done right (which means that I am not in the running for construction).
First of all, it has to be illuminated for at least one day before being burned, preferably with neon, the real stuff. Led's and COOL NEON is also acceptable. It should be made of wood and be large enough to burn nicely without setting the western half of the USA on fire.
Secondly, the Tarantula has to be burned with reverence and respect. You know, tarantulas are people too.
Lastly, are we talking full out costume burning of the tarantula or is it going to be just a touristy burning (you know, t-shirts & jeans sort of thing)?
Afterall, if we are going to sort of pattern this after Burning Man, we might as well put some BM ethos into the mix. I am not talking hippie incense burning and things like that but some of these things do have importance.
I don't recall if this group has ever had any law enforcement contacts before...
BUT...I have to work during the rally, and while I would love to be there, I would prefer not having to show up in the fire engine. Or worse yet as an investigator. (But then the OT would be nice)
This is a pretty light hearted group and hard to nail down just how much is in jest and when you are serious.
Let me put my serious hat on. This is one of the more fire prone areas in the state. While we have had a minimal amount of rain, the live fuel moisture levels have not come up at all yet. Fire season is a long way from over unless we get significant rain. This week looks like Santa Ana winds are the rule.
If you burn anything of size, please use the caution that you all are known for.
Of course Ron will be there to keep an eye on things...
Dave
Old 10-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #385
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Good point, Actually, I was picturing a tarantula about as big as a basketball with legs on it. We're talking about 20 people here, not 50,000.
And I was picturing the burning taking place about 6 inches above the main fire. This would be as the tarantula is lowered onto the fire.
And yes, Ron might be a good person to have supervise.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 PM   #386
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
noo sorry no Ron

Of course Ron will be there to keep an eye on things...
Dave[/quote]
We have a commitment for that weekend and when the polls for the date tied and there was no runoff-------we can not make it.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #387
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Ron, Thought you were going, maybe next year.
Buttercup, sounds like you're squared away, you'll have your hands full. Have fun, wish I could be there.
Dave
Old 10-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #388
Mr. Peeps, Pull-It Master

2007 25' International CCD
Pleasanton , California
Tarantafire

Here's my thought. I'm going to scope the party store today for a Tarantula Pinata. That should make great bondfire starter fuel--if we just don't inhale within 10 feet of the fire (who knows what they make those things out of--no doubt they're importing them from China now, rather than Mexico).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Old 10-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #389
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters
That should make great bondfire starter fuel--if we just don't inhale within 10 feet of the fire
Hey, doesn't that depend on what it is stuffed with?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #390
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Everyone knows my fire starting capabilities as demonstrated at the spring Casini rally. I'm suggesting we use my plan "B" method, plan "A" of course being to sprinkle the Pinata with gasoline. As there will be a dry fire condition I'm saying use plan"B". That would be filling the pinata with gasoline soaked bread or maybe tortilla's in this instance! At any rate we'll ger er done. No swinging at the pinata though.

www.popasmoke.com

YETI ( 65 Quart )

Old 10-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #391
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
oopps LL is looking over my shoulder she suggests- Filling the pinata with gasoline soaked bread and hanging it in the tree and swinging at it with a lighted torch!!
I love this woman!!

www.popasmoke.com

YETI ( 65 Quart )

Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #392
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
We down her in SB just went thru the Zaca fire and Fyrzowt most likely was on that burn . Today the winds have been terrible as well as last night .We have a fog everywhere of ash .Looked like a blanket of brown fog .you would think for sure a major burn was going on .Its quite heavy even now . So we must be careful .firefighters rule !

Scott of scottanlily