View Poll Results: Which weekend in October?
Oct. 5-7 5 17.24%
Oct. 12-14 6 20.69%
Oct. 19-21 9 31.03%
Oct. 26-28 9 31.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #253
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
what ingrid say it aint so. i have a tent and will even put it up for you if you will come. forget those rentals. i always look forward to seeing you and jeff at the rallies. oldtimers for sure. boy jeff always works hard and that in turn brings more work. i hope he gets a break sometime. anyway we better see you two at the spring rally.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 PM   #254
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowolf
I think I have a copy of it on DVD. I'll bring it. Does anybody have a projector and screen?
i have the projector but no screen.

Come rally with us.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #255
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I've watched many a home movie on a white sheet. Not quite the quality of a real screen, but better quality than the side of the SOB next door...
Old 08-22-2007, 01:37 AM   #256
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
I've watched many a home movie on a white sheet. Not quite the quality of a real screen, but better quality than the side of the SOB next door...
Yup, a white sheet is good....better than the sob side and much better than alumimum!
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #257
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
what ingrid say it aint so. i have a tent and will even put it up for you if you will come. forget those rentals. i always look forward to seeing you and jeff at the rallies. oldtimers for sure. boy jeff always works hard and that in turn brings more work. i hope he gets a break sometime. anyway we better see you two at the spring rally.
This is much better than hearing crickets when you say you aren't coming!

OK. Here's the deal. We never know about Jeff's schedule so we make decisions at the last minute. If he can get away and Bruce doesn't play and/or I can't afford it, we'll come. However, Big Dee, you must accept some kind of gift in appreciation for tent construction.

Yes, Jeff works his tail off! He's always been a worker, he was Mr. Overtime when he was in the building trades and ran three shops in the Navy instead of one, etc. However, at times it worries me. I can't begin to tell you what a good provider and excellent husband and Dad he is, but I also want him around for the long haul. So I schedule in vacation time on the calendar (he won't) and send him off to golf and softball tournaments and we take vacations when we can, even if we have to take Miss Amelia out of school. We're going to Las Vegas today until Saturday, because he has a down week. Grab it and run!

We were really hoping to have the rig towable at this rally, but the axles are taking time, and I doubt that we would have had tanks/floor/belly pan on by October anyway.

So, we'll try!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:44 PM   #258
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Ingrid..no worries!

As the wife of a general contrator, I'll let you know a little secret; plan the dates anyway. It's funny how things seem to work out. And if you can't make it,then that's OK. GC's never know their schedules anyway, so plan on being there. We have a six-man tent that we'll bring along, just in case. Just make sure that the zipper is zipped up all the way...or else the tarantulas will get you! Bwah-ha-ha!

Jeff won't remember the job, but you will all remember camping with the Aluminati in Lake San Antonio.

Cheers! Karin
Old 08-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #259
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
But...but...what do I tell Bruce?

ingrid
Old 08-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #260
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Thumbs up rally

Just kidding about Bruce. If he plays, I'll go and then we'll leave.

Man I love you guys. The tent thing will make or break the trip. That would be great. We'd get there soooo late, and this way we can inflate air mattresses and be done with it. I'm going to change my thoughts about it to a "we're going" attitude. If it really falls through, then it does.

Karin, you're absolutely right. None of my friends understand why we up and travel at the last second without planning, and Big Daddy doesn't know that I make reservations without asking him (don't tell). Things do seem to work out. In fact friends think we are on vacation all the time, because neither of us complains about how much he works (publicly). Business is good, we're grateful, and we just make it work for us. We figure there are a lot of people that would give anything to be in our situation, and we also look at military families and how they make it work for them. They have it much tougher, in fact. I missed Van Morrison at Casini, can I request a replay? Bring my lighter and shout out "Smoke On The Water!!! WOOOOO!!"

Anyway, I'm in Vegas, pooped, emailing from the illustrious Excalibur (NOT--but it's comparatively kid friendly). It's been a great trip. Jeff won $400. And please, everyone, go see one Cirque Du Soleil show before you die. My mind is blown.

Have I mentioned I love you guys? --...sob...you're my bestest buddies...*snif*

See you in October! Let the spider kissin' begin. Thanks again Karin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati
As the wife of a general contrator, I'll let you know a little secret; plan the dates anyway. It's funny how things seem to work out. And if you can't make it,then that's OK. GC's never know their schedules anyway, so plan on being there. We have a six-man tent that we'll bring along, just in case. Just make sure that the zipper is zipped up all the way...or else the tarantulas will get you! Bwah-ha-ha!

Jeff won't remember the job, but you will all remember camping with the Aluminati in Lake San Antonio.

Cheers! Karin

ingrid
Old 08-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #261
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Talking movie screen

Yeah, when you project a movie on the side of an AS, the actors' heads distort all funny on top from the curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir
Yup, a white sheet is good....better than the sob side and much better than alumimum!
Neil.

ingrid
Old 08-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #262
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Need more camping gear?

Ingrid-

Since I used to HATE tent camping (got stuck during Boy Scout years when troop leader didn't appreciate value of adult camper "HQ" with refrigerator and cushy beds..), we still have some camping gear also.. If you need it, I'd bring aluminum cot (off the ground) plus thick air mattress (more of same) plus foam padding (more..) plus we have an extra 7' square "Dome Tent" if you want separate quarters for chilluns... We'll also have the small 110V quartz heater I acquired for trailer to use in Joshua Tree if you have concerns about tent getting frosty inside...

I do understand about Bruce and profitable work (as opposed to the other kind..), but hope to see you guys, if even for the day and dinner on Saturday night...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #263
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
well past time for a tarantula fun fact. i just happened to pull out an old national geographic (1994) out of my vast collection and it just happened to have a great article on, you guessed it, tarantulas. so one of the many things i learned is....

tarantulas don't hunt. they just wait and wait and wait for something like a bug to wander on by. then it pounces with incredible speed.

Come rally with us.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #264
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee

tarantulas don't hunt. they just wait and wait and wait for something like a bug to wander on by. then it pounces with incredible speed.
Oh, Lord give me strength.........nope he hasn't. This fact from Big Dee can be applied to our new good friend...doorgunner.

sorry.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 08-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #265
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Cool Bless you

Thanks so much! If there's a tent up for us when we arrive, that will be the best thing. We have air mattresses and all the camping gear we need. If we can use someone's electricity to pump up the air mattresses, we'll be good to go. (We also have cots; found them to be very uncomfortable...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
Ingrid-

Since I used to HATE tent camping (got stuck during Boy Scout years when troop leader didn't appreciate value of adult camper "HQ" with refrigerator and cushy beds..), we still have some camping gear also.. If you need it, I'd bring aluminum cot (off the ground) plus thick air mattress (more of same) plus foam padding (more..) plus we have an extra 7' square "Dome Tent" if you want separate quarters for chilluns... We'll also have the small 110V quartz heater I acquired for trailer to use in Joshua Tree if you have concerns about tent getting frosty inside...

I do understand about Bruce and profitable work (as opposed to the other kind..), but hope to see you guys, if even for the day and dinner on Saturday night...

John McG

ingrid
Old 08-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #266
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
If we can use someone's electricity to pump up the air mattresses, we'll be good to go.
I will have a 12v inflator that I use to inflate our 'rubber' raft. It will blow up your mattress before the margarita shows it's magic upon you.

FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid