Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: What weekend in October? Select 2 weekends
October 6-8 6 46.15%
October 13-15 5 38.46%
October 20-22 7 53.85%
October 27-29 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2006, 01:27 AM   #161
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
Well after reading what everyone has posted, I'm thinking of towing Munimula to the event. BUT I have a few questions- Is it acceptable to bring wine ( Lodi Appellation ) to the event? Do the folks towing up from Southern California have the necessary paperwork to enter Northern California? If someone wants to purchase my gaucho, dinette booth and flip up tables would it be acceptable to assist them with the removal with said objects? Would anyone mind me flying my stealth R/C airplane around? Thanks Tim
Speaking for myself only as I am not an organizer of this event. It seems that to not bring wine/margarita ball/beverage of choice etc. would be unacceptable.

As to us So. Cal types needing papers to cross the border in to Nor Cal. Don't worry about a thing. We know all there is to know about crossing borders

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:35 AM   #162
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babeebloos
What a guy!

Uwe dropped by and checked out my Bambi, just a few things to do....recharge my spent batteries, get my brake controller installed in my TV, buy a better dump hose kit (we don't want no accidents! Did you see "RV" with Robin Williams?) and some proper towing mirrors and I'm ready to go....he's going to help me get rigged for a test weekend...remember I've never taken it out yet....but he's saying it's a piece of cupcake! .... I'm amped !

The 5 won't know what hit them when we all caravan on up....should the schedules coincide... I'm following the leader!
Uh....Doorgunner, you can bring (lots) the wine but leave the trained USMC rats home OK???
Don't worry about a thing. Uwe will have you ready to roll and a 19 footer is an easy tow.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
Well after reading what everyone has posted, I'm thinking of towing Munimula to the event. BUT I have a few questions- Is it acceptable to bring wine ( Lodi Appellation ) to the event? Do the folks towing up from Southern California have the necessary paperwork to enter Northern California? If someone wants to purchase my gaucho, dinette booth and flip up tables would it be acceptable to assist them with the removal with said objects? Would anyone mind me flying my stealth R/C airplane around? Thanks Tim
--If you don't bring wine, you'll probably get roundly scolded and maybe even sent home to go get it. Picture a bunch of Airstreamers frowning and pointing in the general direction of the freeway.

--Wine is the proper paperwork.

--I'm guessing furniture ripping-out-ing is in the course of a normal day for 'streamers?

--My daughter would LOVE to see your airplane fly. Me too, for that matter.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #164
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Based on prior gatherings, some more advice..

1. The group enjoys Lodi or Modesto appellation, and is even more impressed when the approximate vintage date is printed on the box...

2. The only papers required are a good set of directions and a map, to find the remote campground which is pretty far removed frm 101...

3. Many of us will bring tools, and tearing up somebody ELSE's trailer really does sound like a change of pace and fun...

4. If it really is a "Stealth" airplane, how will we know when you're flying it??

5. and Babeebloos, the movie "RV" should not be considered a "HOW TO" technical video.. It is for entertainment purposes only.. It may be showing on the big screen Saturday night, but there will be no raccoons permitted inside the trailers... (glad you're building up your courage...)

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #165
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
5. and Babeebloos, the movie "RV" should not be considered a "HOW TO" technical video.. It is for entertainment purposes only.. It may be showing on the big screen Saturday night, but there will be no raccoons permitted inside the trailers... (glad you're building up your courage...)

John McG
Speaking of movies, anyone interested in seeing The Long, Long Trailer ?
If someone has a DVD player I can get it from Netflix.
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
DVD Player and sound system and projector are going to be there... There will also be large screen draped over the side of someone's trailer...

(And we can all shout out together with Ricky... "You can't just turn this Thin' around!!!")

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:21 PM   #167
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
so i've just re entered the galaxy by way of burningman. i haven't been paying attention, it's true, check my eBay rating, it's A++. without reading twelve pages of posts... how many rigs do we have, anyone arriving thursday? i live in simi valley and was just going to go up the 101 "just because", unless i get a better offer of "why not". last question... any dive cowboy bars around where were camping and or better yet in route and or around where we are camping? kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #168
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Ok Ok. just to clear things up,I'm wanting to remodel Munimula my 1986- 32 Excella and thought that some one may want some of the items, there by the removal process! & possible exchange of wealth.The rats are just to make a point- get er done. I will be bringing the paperwork. The R/C airplane is electric powered no noise until poor landing. Modesto Appelattion is used in these parts for marinade/ cooking only! Name tags. As long as photo's are not used- I'm in the witness protection program, But you will know me by my blue tooth system. What have I got into here? Oh and young wanna be pilots are welcome to try and fly the stealth model until the last part stops turning.
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #169
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
any dive cowboy bars around where were camping and or better yet in route and or around where we are camping? kevbo
I don't know if I'd call it a "dive" bar, but there is a fun place just off the 101 in Paso Robles that has a talking buffalo head, mechanical bull and drink cups shaped like cowboy boots. You can even eat and/or drink inside a jail cell booth. Something for everyone.....!

http://www.bigbubbasbadbbq.com/
Old 09-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #170
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
well gee's a destination... i never meet a bar i didn't like, and the place is called big bubba's BBQ. im in love. it's true... i read it on cnn.com. airdrmr were gonna get along just fine... i guess i'm going up thursday, hwy 101... kevbo
Old 09-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #171
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Maybe those of us getting there thursday should have happy hours at bubba's!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:52 PM   #172
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
i'll be the 7'cowboy, smile pockets, with the AS in the lot... kevbo
Old 09-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #173
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr
I don't know if I'd call it a "dive" bar, but there is a fun place just off the 101 in Paso Robles that has a talking buffalo head, mechanical bull and drink cups shaped like cowboy boots. You can even eat and/or drink inside a jail cell booth. Something for everyone.....!

http://www.bigbubbasbadbbq.com/
Ate ( and drank) there once. Decent bbq, great concoctions.
Problem is, kinda far from the Lake. And the road from Paso to the Lake requires all your senses, especially when towing something. Not a place or time to get too happy with drinks....Nevertheless, if we see your trailer when we pass it, then we'll stop in and check on you.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #174
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Wow! Look at this active thread.

I do not have a posting on the last 2 pages? This is definitely the most active NorCal rally thread ever!

Now lets see here...

It will be fun to see if we can spot that stealth plane buzzing our trailers. That can be our happy hour game.

It's fun to see all the strategies for trying to get out of LA. Yikes. I forget what its like.

Wine, beer, margaritas. Its going to be a great rally.

Murray, I thought "Long, Long Trailer" was only on VHS. Tim had transfered it to DVD himself but he won't be making it. VHS is out so we need a DVD. I thought "RV" would be a good feature.

Kevbo, did you ever get your trailer clean after Burningman? Or is it never clean again? Bring pics, I would love to see Burnstream Court.

Reminder: We will need as many folding tables as possible. Please bring what you can.

I am also still looking for a screen. A sheet will work but a screen would be a lot better.

Thanks to Jeff for committing to firewood as usual. Kevbo if you could bring some too that would be great.

It was Cam who did the name list last time. I am sure he will do it again. Ingrid, I think your idea of bringing blank Airstream nametags is great. There is too many names this time for my small brain. Specially after happy hour.

Look at that potluck menu. Mmmmmm... My favorite part of the rally!

Potluck List
Big Dee.......................BBQ Chicken
Coastalview..................Kathy's "Never Enough" Enchilada Casserole
Hit'the'road...................Cam's "It Goes Quick" Patato Casserole
airdrmr........................a big pot of Texas Chili with Chocolate
Condoluminum...............Diane's Big Fresh Green Salad
Goiing camping..............a BIG pot of BBQ beans
pinkflamingoes..............a dessert
T Man...........................cole slaw and a flour-less chocolate cake
uwe............................. a spread of warm mexican hors d' oeuvres, complete with guacamole
BamCamper...................piles of cookies
Otters...........................Bar-B-Q'd pork loin
Babeebloos...................."To Die For" chocolate chip brownie cheesecake mini cupcakes

Rally List (33 Rigs)
4happycmprs
48_liner
airdrmr
AirstrmGypsy
Babeebloos
BamCamper
Big Dee
caadoptees
CaddyGrn
Coastalview
Condoluminum
Creampuff
crkwolf
DiMi
Ed Starman
Fatt Ratt
Goin camping
Hit'the'road
jbrahy
Kevbo10
kevinhix
kramynot2000
Luminati
myoung
NorCal Bambi
Otters
palmsprings
pinkflamingoes
scotiabambi
scottanlily
S C Streamer
TIMEMACHINE
T Man
Towster
uwe

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:27 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
i have the long, long trailer on factory dvd, and a dvd player on board plus every western movie on the planet... my trailer looks brand new after burningman. and i will forward a link to our pics to u mr. big. thanks for the report on bubbas... is there a bar? would i look good standing at it?

i invited some of my vintage airstream friends. there not as restrained as i am... but u knew that. kevbo
Old 09-13-2006, 11:51 PM   #176
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Big Dee:
Yup- I got the DVD from Netflix last week, but looks like that's covered.
I do have a 9'x9' free standing rear projection screen that I could set up, but it requires darkness and you must project from the rear - which makes things titles backwards, etc.- but who's gonna notice at that point ! The picture quality is bitchin' though- kinda like a hugh plasma.
Let me know anytime up to the day.
AIR #189

Old 09-14-2006, 12:04 AM   #177
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
Big Dee:
Yup- I got the DVD from Netflix last week, but looks like that's covered.
I do have a 9'x9' free standing rear projection screen that I could set up, but it requires darkness and you must project from the rear - which makes things titles backwards, etc.- but who's gonna notice at that point ! The picture quality is bitchin' though- kinda like a hugh plasma.
Let me know anytime up to the day.
That sounds great Murray? My projector has a rear projection setting. And it should be real dark early as it is the weekend BEFORE daylight saving ends. 9x9? Wow thats huge. It would be like a drive-in! Now Kevbo don't forget to bring the DVD. And Cam needs to bring his Bose boombox. Who's making the popcorn?

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:40 PM   #178
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Blankets! I'm bringing some extra fold up tables. Three.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:55 PM   #179
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Big Dee somehow my name was added to the list- not by me- So what am I bringing to the pot luck? Ha actually I would loke to bring some MOCHI but it needs to remain frozen. So I'm thinking of packing it in dry ice. After we consume the desert we could use the dry ice to make fog and noise. I'm an experienced explosionologist as well as blue tooth equipped. Looking forward to a fun time.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #180
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
That sounds great Murray? My projector has a rear projection setting. And it should be real dark early as it is the weekend BEFORE daylight saving ends. 9x9? Wow thats huge. It would be like a drive-in! Now Kevbo don't forget to bring the DVD. And Cam needs to bring his Bose boombox. Who's making the popcorn?
10-4 on the 'drive -in' screen. Put us down for Kay's 'AS slo-cooked tasty tri-tip' entree.
AIR #189