October 13-15 5 38.46%
October 20-22 7 53.85%
October 27-29 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Awwwwww....I was sooooo 'hoping'.....I had a potato gun years ago too, even helped to make it with the pvc pipe stuff. I guess the 'dry ice' bomb will have to do ...phew,(relief) I was thinking maybe you had been eating lots of beans....
Yup...there's some great parks around here...lot's of geocaching too,...someone mentioned doing some of that on this thread??? Hey, why don't we think up something to leave in a geocache spot? Any ideas anyone? Sort of a group project? Something cool with Airstream theme? A time capsule....?

I actually 'liked' your trained rat avatar, just I'm a little sensitive since I'm trapping some varmints as we speak . I do think that the flying AS is more to YOUR name...kewl!
I'm sure we'll be havin lots of fun...now where's my tow mirrors?

Old 09-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #184
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
ok, i'm paying attention now... i'm in simi valley. i'm going to be leaving thursday morning, most likely up the 101, because i'm north of LA, and just off that freeway (although i could go I5 N)... anyone else headed that'a way thursday? CARAVAN? kevbo

Old 09-15-2006, 06:49 PM   #185
Creampuff

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
1976 29' Ambassador
Malibu , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
ok, i'm paying attention now... i'm in simi valley. i'm going to be leaving thursday morning, most likely up the 101, because i'm north of LA, and just off that freeway (although i could go I5 N)... anyone else headed that'a way thursday? CARAVAN? kevbo
Possibly- but it depends on Kay's work schedule. We're real close to you in Agoura. I'll be the wagon master after the Bubba's pitstop though!!
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #186
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
We're definitely leaving Thursday, but it will not be AM.
Much preferring 101, we'll probably still go I-5, it's the lesser of 3 evils to get through Los Angeles from Orange County. However, I will keep your caravan in mind, in case we can get away earlier.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:11 PM   #187
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
10-4 on the 'drive -in' screen. Put us down for Kay's 'AS slo-cooked tasty tri-tip' entree.
Yumm!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #188
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
That sounds great Murray? My projector has a rear projection setting. And it should be real dark early as it is the weekend BEFORE daylight saving ends. 9x9? Wow thats huge. It would be like a drive-in! Now Kevbo don't forget to bring the DVD. And Cam needs to bring his Bose boombox. Who's making the popcorn?
Unless my mind ( wicked as it is) is playing tricks on me, there is (was?) a small amphitheatre type arrangement right at the hookup sites. Maybe we can use the facility for the potluck and the movie?
Old 09-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #189
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
We may make it.....

Depending on how many Brush fires are burning. If we can, we will most likely go up on Tuesday mornin/afternoon and come home Sunday or Saturday if we can not get the day off. Will bring the margarita party ball, shredded pork for the potluck and 2 adorable basset hounds.

Yes Uwe, there is an amphitheatre before you turn into the Redondo Vista E loop. See ya all there Ron and Debbie

ps can we have an airstream motorhome nametag?
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:16 PM   #190
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Hope for rain...

Ron & Debbie;
Great to see the Tiki MH might make it to San Antonio... We'll all hope for unseasonal rain early in October to put the fires out so work will slow down...

Dianne will have her Margarita Ball (that she wanted for Christmas..) as well, so perhaps we can divvy up the duties and have one with Gold tequila and one with light tequila to satisfy everyone's tastes...

(And Dianne also got an electric smoker for Christmas, so another copy of the smoked salmon marinade would be helpful as well... )

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:20 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
hey now

diane can't be stealing all my secrets!! We will bring the Cuervo Gold margy version if you want to dispense the "light" tequila Looking forward to seeing you and Diane Debbie and Ron
Old 09-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #192
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Group camping at Redondo Vista

I believe it is loop E that has a group camp site with full hookups, a fenced grassy area with a fire pit that is great for kids and dogs to play in and a clubhouse with ovens, tables, etc. I don't know how many sites is has?? maybe 40?? And there are other loops that back up to some of the sites if there was overflow parking. Has anyone looked into it? We did have to prepay for the days the whole group was booked, we went in a few days early and paid for those days on our own.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:01 PM   #193
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
It was Cam who did the name list last time. I am sure he will do it again.
I'm happy to be "keeper of the list". I'll bring my printer along. I thought about trying to start the list before we get there but I think It'll be just as easy to do it there, once everybody has settled into their spaces.

I'm trying to decide if I can sneak away on Thursday.

This is going to be fun!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #194
4 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
Visalia , California
Trying to find links to the campground. Post more as you find them.

http://www.mtycounty.com/pgs-parks/p...san-ant-s.html

I have attached a Google Earth .kmz file. I know it looks like a .txt file. The forum software wouldn't take a .kmz. After you save it to your computer, change the extension to .kmz and then you can open it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Redondo Vista Campground.txt (437 Bytes, 83 views)
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
Visalia, CA (between Fresno & Bakersfield)
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: http://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: http://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #195
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Tequila 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
...and have one with Gold tequila and one with light tequila to satisfy everyone's tastes...
John McG
First off...I am not one to ever discourage anyone from bringing tequila of any kind to a rally. However, I feel it is my duty to inform you all of The Truth About Types of Tequila...specifically, that "gold" means that sugar or carmel coloring or both have been added. I believe this is done in most cases to mask the harsh taste of a hastily made version of this complex and thoroughly enjoyable drink. Gold is not necessarily bad, but it contributes greatly to the "Ta-kill-ya" post-shots hangover reputation. I'm not saying that drinking the good stuff won't give you a hangover, but...it sure tastes better...and it's becoming much more widely available here in the States.

http://cocktailtimes.com/dictionary/...a_buying.shtml

On that same token, it's considered a bit of a waste to use a really good "sipping" tequila in a margarita, which is, personally, my only means of tequila consumption.

So...if my budget allows, I'll be bringing some "pretty good" reposado and Cointreau (fancy schmancy triple sec), and I highly recommend the use of freshly squeezed lime and lemon juice mixed with simple syrup in place of mixer. I'll be happy to bring all three of those, I can definitely afford to steal lemons from my neighbor's trees.

Am I a tequila snob? Nah...I just discovered the secret to having more than one and not wanting to throw myself in front of a train the next morning!!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #196
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Wow...

Not only have I learned many useful things about Airstreams hereon the Forums, now I have learned useful info about Tequila and Margarita's which I can share with Dianne... ( I usually drink wine from boxes myself...). Assuming Ron and Debbie can put out all the fires in LA County by then and bring their "Original" Margarita Ball, we will have a pair of "balls" in which to create top shelf and lower shelf versions of Jimmy Buffett's favorite concoction... I may have to check with tax man and see if this weekend qualifies as "educational expense" under some standard relating to improving my skills as freelance journalist...

I'll have a spare printer and some extra paper in case Cam runs out, for master attendance roster as well. Add some nametags and tequila and we have the makings for a great weekend..

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote