Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #681
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsale View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since you were just at JR, do they require you to empty your black tank before entering even if it is already empty? and do they prohibit formaldehyde-based black tank treatment? Am heading there for the first time Veterans weekend and can buy "green" tank deodorant if needed. (I have about 30 bottles of the formaldehyde stuff...Previous owners didn't believe in running short.
Yes, you must empty your tank....they will do it for you at their double dump station right after you check in. When you check in they will hand you THEIR tank treatment...enough for up to a 40 gal tank. Enjoy your stay. Check out the hot tubs.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #682
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsale View Post
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since you were just at JR, do they require you to empty your black tank before entering even if it is already empty? and do they prohibit formaldehyde-based black tank treatment? Am heading there for the first time Veterans weekend and can buy "green" tank deodorant if needed. (I have about 30 bottles of the formaldehyde stuff...Previous owners didn't believe in running short.

Alright another west sacramento AS owner. You might want to join us next year at Casini Ranch. It's great time.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #683
3 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Rogue River , Oregon
Hi we had a great time Sat. if only for the day. I feel like I made good progress in becoming a shrimp butter latherer as Vinnie calls it. Thanks for lesson. As standard the food was over the top. We have got to get signed up for Casini. By Dave & Penny
geezernbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #684
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Thanks Jeff;

SO much for peace and harmony.
you post a date- I jump on it and reserve a spot, then you change the date and remove your post ,cya, and now my world is in a tailspin. reservation cancellation fees, readjust busy schedule, contact private security detail and so on, I may as well just stay at Casini for 10 days rather than mess around with a cancellation and a new campsite, then there's the kayak issue, how many of them do I bring, and firewood, yup the real kind, english muffers and crumpets, and a exhaust system to boot. what next, researching electric scooters and other new camping stuff, crash pads light shows and hari krishnas , groovy guys and groovy gals. and what about the rear end sag thing? have you put a line level on your trailer yet? new led lights, new air in the tires, flush antifreeze from pipes, oh and the wiring organization of the under dash on the burb, when Vinnie got thru there, well you don't wanna know.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #685
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
LOL... 192 milli amps can ruin your whole day..

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #686
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
The parties over..

Not an airstream to be found...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JCKJR_l.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	113584  

Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #687
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Busted in Bakersfield

The party ain't over for us yet.... We broke down in Chowchilla, CA on Sunday. Stopped to fill up and discovered an impressive amount of oil under the MOHO right under where the big motor and transmission things bolt together. Yup, rear main seal is bad.
Now, before we left, the folks next to us, Chris & Betty said that should we be within a hundred miles either way of Bakersfield we should call should we need some sort of help. They saw me working on replacing my spark plug wire and all. You always hate to do that, but we were going to have to know where we could take the beast to get this fixed or if we should just turn around and head home.
Chris said to bring it on down and that he has a mechanic friend who could take care of it. So, Sunday at about 10:00 p.m. we arrived and got settled in for the evening. Monday Morning, we drove the beast to the mechanic and dropped it off and returned to Chris's house.
Now, normally, a breakdown is stressful and a little (really a lot) scary but Chris and Betty put us up (and put up with us) for 2 nights now and it has actually been a great experience. We got to see the work Chris does on cars and his shop - it s amazing! He even taught me how to weld!!! I am hooked on that I can tell you. Chris also said "now if you starve in this house, its your own fault - make yourself at home and I am not going to tell you that again".
They have taken first rate care of us and we have made some truly great new friends. This breakdown hasn't been too bad after all. This afternoon sometime we should pick up Airtini and continue our trip down the road to Arkansas. I guess I will be feeling both happy and sad at the same time..... I love Airstreaming!!!!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #688
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Sooo sorry to hear that your broken in Bakersfield. On the other it sounds like your in good company. I hope you have safe travels to Arkansas.

What ever happened to your furry little hitch hiker?

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #689
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
He never hitch hiked as far as we can tell - I think he found the accommodations less than friendly and perhaps downright hostile and elected to leave on his furry own... We have not seen, smelled or otherwise and evidence of his existence in the motorhome.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #690
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
The Party's Over But The Memories Remain

A big thanks to everyone! We had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Casini if not sooner.

Thanks again!

Your friends,
Old 10-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #691
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Alamo , California
Elle & I echo Yhotty's sentiments!! Great get-to-together with seeing old and making new friends. Count us in for Casini in the Spring and Jackson in the Fall next year.
TKNELLE
TKNELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #692
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Buttercup... I remember looking underneath the rig right before we left and reported that there wasnt so much as a drip.. your comment.. yup, i wipe them up! lol..

Glad to hear that a fellow airstreamer came through for you. That doesnt surprise me at all.. look forward to hearing about the rest of your uneventful trip outside of some great pictures you might post.. but nothing with the hood in the upright position...

Vinnie

Old 10-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #693
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
...Now, normally, a breakdown is stressful and a little (really a lot) scary but Chris and Betty put us up (and put up with us) for 2 nights now and it has actually been a great experience. We got to see the work Chris does on cars and his shop - it s amazing! He even taught me how to weld!!! I am hooked on that I can tell you. Chris also said "now if you starve in this house, its your own fault - make yourself at home and I am not going to tell you that again".
They have taken first rate care of us and we have made some truly great new friends. This breakdown hasn't been too bad after all. This afternoon sometime we should pick up Airtini and continue our trip down the road to Arkansas. I guess I will be feeling both happy and sad at the same time..... I love Airstreaming!!!!
That's a great story Tim!! It's just one big adventure when your on the road. I love it! Godspeed to you and Kimber.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #694
Rivet Master

1977 31' Excella 500
I may do that. Was at Casini this summer. Nice place, but I screwed up on directions and ended up on the Bohemian Highway. I still don't know how I made it without scraping the side of my trailer..
4RXLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #695
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhottys View Post
A big thanks to everyone! We had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Casini if not sooner.

Thanks again!

Your friends,
Ditto that. Work always seems to get in the way of getting to Cassini, but these days when any hours on the pay check is good hours, it might be good insurance for me to sign up for Cassini.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jackson rancheria rv park, norcal rally