Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Uhm... define customer service...
You asked;

1. Know who is boss. You are in customer service to serve the rally attendees needs, and you can only do that if you know what it is your potential rally attendees want. When you truly listen to your attendees, they let you know what they want and how you can provide good service. .
  2. Be a good listener. Take the time to identify rally attendees needs by asking questions and concentrating on what the attendee is really saying. Listen to their words, tone of voice, body language, and most importantly, how they feel. Beware of making assumptions - thinking you intuitively know what the atendee wants. Do you know what three things are most important to your attendee? Effective listening and undivided attention are particularly important.
  3. Identify and anticipate needs. Most attendee's needs are emotional rather than logical. The more you know your attendees, the better you become at anticipating their needs. Communicate regularly so that you are aware of problems or upcoming needs.
  4. Make attendees feel important and appreciated. Treat them as individuals. Always use their name and find ways to compliment them, but be sincere. People value sincerity. It creates good feeling and trust. Think about ways to generate good feelings about doing business with you. Attendees are very sensitive and know whether or not you really care about them. Thank them every time you get a chance. Be sure that your body language conveys sincerity. Your words and actions should be congruent.
  5. Help attendees understand your intentions. Our rallies may have the world's best rep for getting things done, but if attendees don't understand you, they can get confused, impatient and angry. Be careful that your skills don't reduce the human element.
  6. Appreciate the power of "Yes". Always look for ways to help your attendees. When they have a request (as long as it is reasonable) tell them that you can do it. Figure out how afterwards. Always do what you say you are going to do.
  7. Know how to apologize. When something goes wrong, apologize. It's easy and attendees like it. The attendee may not always be right, but the attendee must always win. Deal with problems immediately and let attendees know what you have done. Make it simple for attendees to complain. (leave your trailer door open) Value their complaints. As much as we dislike it, it gives us an opportunity to improve. Even if attendees are having a bad day, go out of your way to make them feel comfortable.(specific beverages made available)
  8. Give more than expected. Since the future of our rallies lies in keeping attendees happy. Consider the following:
    • What can you give attendeesthat they cannot get elsewhere?(the best rallies ever)
    • What can you do to follow-up and thank people even when they don't attend?(send them a thank you card in the mail)
    • What can you give customers that is totally unexpected?(big portions of shrimp)
  9. Get regular feedback. Encourage and welcome suggestions about how you could improve. There are several ways in which you can find out what attendees think and feel about your services.(provide a suggestion box shaped like an airstream)
    • Listen carefully to what they say.
    • Check back regularly to see how things are going.(being a true host)
    • Provide a method that invites constructive criticism, comments and suggestions.
  10. Treat rally attendees well. Rally attendees are your internal customers and need a regular dose of appreciation. Thank them and find ways to let them know how important they are. Treat your rally attendees with respect and chances are they will have a higher regard to return for another rally. Appreciation stems from the top!

Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #240
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
11. Drink heavily to medicate.
12. There will be comfort food at 6pm sharp!
13. Clean up after yourself.. your mom doesnt work here!
14. When content with your rally experience, Leave before it goes bad....

Something like Jeff?

I think Im qualified....

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #241
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Wow, Jeff thats the true definition.

Vinnie you sure do have your work cut out for ya.

Hmmm.... Who should or wants to host Friday night Happy Hour?

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #242
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
11. Drink heavily to medicate.
12. There will be comfort food at 6pm sharp!
13. Clean up after yourself.. your mom doesnt work here!
14. When content with your rally experience, Leave before it goes bad....

Something like Jeff?

I think Im qualified....
I think its all covered, so are you in?
I'll send over the contract for your attorney to review
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #243
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Additional Customer Service Training

15. Remember that attendees appreciate an emphathetic host. Enroll in sensitivity training. Bonus points for getting in touch with attendees' third shakra (this is afterall, a California rally).

Cheers!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #244
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Ok...

Im going to work on the first step...

1. The first step in any interaction, especially in delicate situations, is to press the internal "pause button"; i.e., not to shoot from the hip but to stop and think if what we are about to say is advisable.

Let me work on this for a few weeks and see if I can get past it.. then I will have my people call your people and elect Robert...

Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #245
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
1. The first step in any interaction, especially in delicate situations, is to press the internal "pause button"; i.e., not to shoot from the hip but to stop and think if what we are about to say is advisable.
This process will be easier if you have an unopened beverage in hand at all times.

"Well... *grab top*.. I appreciate your comments... *twist*... and I... *long, slow drink*... need to think a minute... *ahhhhh!*"

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #246
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike T View Post
This process will be easier if you have an unopened beverage in hand at all times.

"Well... *grab top*.. I appreciate your comments... *twist*... and I... *long, slow drink*... need to think a minute... *ahhhhh!*"

Tims hosting happy hour!

Tim, time to plan a serious road trip... in October.. be there on time.. but if not we start in your site anyways.. ask Robert

Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #247
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Thats the way...

Quote:
Tims hosting happy hour!

Tim, time to plan a serious road trip... in October.. be there on time.. but if not we start in your site anyways.. ask Robert

Tim if you leave now, you'll be able to see most of this great state and be here just in time to open the first bottle of wine,beer, or what ever makes you happy. Thanks for making my decision easier

But, on the other hand my freind Vinney, I always like surprise parties. Or do I dare to say, I throw a great happy Hour for not even being there.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:18 AM   #248
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
We be moving that way later this summer for a year or so. For us to attend this rally, someone needs to be less fortunate than us. Maybe we can make a day trip up if no one is actually less fortunate.

1976 24' Argosy
Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #249
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
We be moving that way later this summer for a year or so. For us to attend this rally, someone needs to be less fortunate than us. Maybe we can make a day trip up if no one is actually less fortunate.
Thats ok... we cater to the less fortunate...

I'll tell you what.. you sure made Robert happy..

Jus kiddin..

But your more than welcome to join us for that day trip...

Vin

Old 05-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #250
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Quote:
Hi Ike T ..up from where??? Where ever, it will be worth the trip!!! We attended the Casini rally, our first rally. Came down from Astoria, Oregon and had a great time. Wonderful people, wonderful food, just great all around. It was so fun to meet everyone after reading their posts for 4 months!!! So, based on that we signed up for the JC rally too!! keep having fun everyone!!! bye gail
Old 05-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #251
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
We were the less fortunate ones at Springstream who had to bail,Tim got the spot so now he owes us. I hope he gets a spot at the Norcal rally. We are usually in Lathrop in October
(without AS) but could come crash Tim's place. One day we'll get the AS out there and come check the rally out. Sounds like awesome customer service!
Regards,
Joe
Tim, we'll see you sometime this Fall. Annette is headed back out in a couple of weeks, but just for a week.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #252
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
We were the less fortunate ones at Springstream who had to bail,Tim got the spot so now he owes us. I hope he gets a spot at the Norcal rally. We are usually in Lathrop in October
(without AS) but could come crash Tim's place. One day we'll get the AS out there and come check the rally out. Sounds like awesome customer service!
Regards,
Joe
Tim, we'll see you sometime this Fall. Annette is headed back out in a couple of weeks, but just for a week.
Joe is making me an offer I can't refuse for something I don't have on the basis of something he provided willingly. I suppose I'll have to feed and water you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Hi Ike T ..up from where??? Where ever, it will be worth the trip!!! We attended the Casini rally, our first rally. Came down from Astoria, Oregon and had a great time. Wonderful people, wonderful food, just great all around. It was so fun to meet everyone after reading their posts for 4 months!!! So, based on that we signed up for the JC rally too!! keep having fun everyone!!! bye gail
Monterey, so not too far away.

1976 24' Argosy

Tags
jackson rancheria rv park, norcal rally