Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #141
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraYacht View Post
Avoided it? The potato/mac salad had some SPAM for accent and I put a small plate of SPAM chunks in front of the salad in case anyone (Neil?) needed more.

Since many people don't consider it meat, it is suitable for anyone needing an extra dose of fat & salt.
Oops... I think I put my foot in my mouth... Sorry.
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #142
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Ok, that must have been the wonderful mac&cheese I got a bite of... I LOVE mac&cheese... and Spam... I'd brought a can of Spam and forgot about it until I was clearing out the DIR cupboards .... maybe next time... and I still have to try making Doorgunners Hawaiian sandwiches.. Scott, it's two camps on the Spam issue... in this house, Don's in one and I'm in the other... like haiving different religeons.. we work on it. hugs to all, gail
Old 05-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #143
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Forestville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5 View Post
When I lived on the coast, I felt the same about escaping the fog to sweat for a few days! I used to go to Sugarloaf Ridge State Park mid-week during the summer....and, I had the place to myself.

Now, when the Sacramento Valley heats up, I head to Bodega Bay to enjoy the natural air conditioning for a few days....in addition to ~10 days every year at Lassen Volcanic National Park, usually in August.

I recall arriving at Jackson for our annual rally TWICE, where we had the AC running the first day; then watched folks driving home on Sunday under rainy skies. You just never know what you might get there in October...
Hi, do you camp at Dolan Beach? We looked at it, haven't camped there yet. Looks neat, you're really out there at the edge of Bodega Bay.

"People in their right minds" well I guess if the shoe fits. . .

The weather has been so lovely here, 70's for multiple days = summer. Had a half an inch of rain last Thursday, but old Sol is smiling today. The fog hasn't arrived yet, so the weather is perfect.

Julie, Bob and the Hound

p.s. on our way to Tucson, going to parking lot camp at the LazyDays there (formerly Beaudry) for a few days before daughter number one gets hitched. Not sure where we'll camp on the way back. Suggestions halfway between Tucson and coastal NorCal? Emma Wood State Beach in Ventura was really a cool place to boondock as we went south and east last trip. It's a definite possible.
elvisinexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #144
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Dolans

i drug the drainpipe to Dolans Beach last week in January this year. We were there competing in a kayak crab derby. It's a very nice county park. The reservation online worked great and the Rangers there were very professional.
It can get windy out on the end of the peninsula, we camped just to the inland side of the Coasties station.
No one in their right mind would camp there.
I'ld post some pics but this website wants more money from me to do so.
Spam it the best kept secret on the planet.
No one in their right mind would eat it.
The dungies we pulled out at Dolans were the best crabs I've ever eaten, steamed for 20 minutes in a pot -1/3 seven up, 1/3 sea water, 1/3 vinegar.
No one in their right mind would eat fresh crab.
My trailer is for sale.so is my moho
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #145
Rivet Master

Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
?....... Scott, it's two camps on the Spam issue... in this house, Don's in one and I'm in the other... like haiving different religeons.. we work on it. hugs to all, gail
Gail,
I spent the first 17 years of my life on Oahu and never developed a tast for 'Hawaiian steak', so I don't think it's going to happen now....
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #146
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J-24 View Post
Gail,
I spent the first 17 years of my life on Oahu and never developed a tast for 'Hawaiian steak', so I don't think it's going to happen now....
When I go to Kauai I don't eat "Hawaiian steak" at all. Come to think of it, I also don't eat it on the mainland unless I offer it as a novelty...

If we get moved up from the Jackson wait list I promise to not bring SPAM, but something more bettah.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #147
Rivet Master

Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraYacht View Post
When I go to Kauai I don't eat "Hawaiian steak" at all. Come to think of it, I also don't eat it on the mainland unless I offer it as a novelty...

If we get moved up from the Jackson wait list I promise to not bring SPAM, but something more bettah.
Thanks... You get any crack seed? Now dats good stuff!
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #148
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Volcano , California
Ok, so for as far as anyone wanting to do a trip to the sierras. I have heard back from Dardenelle Resort. I will be posting a new thread for a rally the weekend after Memorial Day. I will have all info needed for anyone interested. For starters they do have full hook ups, but also have spots with just water, and if it gets big they have a meadow that can hold lots, dry camping. It is forest, so no concrete parking slab or grass ( except in meadow) It is a great place, has a playground for kids and a bar for big kids, a rustic store and sometimes restaurant. The river is close by and at this time of year is very good for fishing, spots of river are good for letting the kids get a bit wet. There is a nice hike up to kennedy meadows for some good flyfishing. If your liking is for the hot of the delta in September, I think Sue is gonna be the one to set up for that.
Zugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #149
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Fresno , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Ok Mrs Mod.. you have now checked out both rally threads so we fully expect you to be attending one of them soon! Be prepared to have a excess amount of fun and yes, we will eat the cookies too.

:-)

Vinnie
I don't know why I offered to bring cookies. I actually really stink at making cookies. Don't know why. I'm a good baker, I just can't do cookies. I should have offered up a cake or banana bread. Also, I make a pretty mean grilled cheese sandwich.
Anyhow, I called Jackson Rancheria a few times. Nothing available. I haven't called in a week and a half or so. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe someone there will be in the mood for a grilled cheese sandwich.
I'm patiently waiting for the link to open up for Casini next spring. Also, Globie mentioned maybe setting something up in Gold Country which I think is a fantastic idea. I peeped at Marble Quarry RV park online and it looked really nice. If we don't get in for Jackson Ranch, I think Mr. Mod and I will spend that rally weekend (also our anniversary) there.
We're going to Sequoia RV Resort in two weeks on the Kaweah River. They have a number of full hook up sites along with partial hook ups AND a mobile 'honey wagon' for those without sewer hookup. It's at a lower elevation and might be good for cooler weather.
Anyhow, I'm sure this is all good info for another thread, so I'll be going now.
1977 31' Sovereign "The Mod Pod"
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Mrs.Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #150
Tin Tippster

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1970 18' Caravel
1963 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
St. Helena , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugbug View Post
Ok, so for as far as anyone wanting to do a trip to the sierras. I have heard back from Dardenelle Resort. I will be posting a new thread for a rally the weekend after Memorial Day. I will have all info needed for anyone interested. For starters they do have full hook ups, but also have spots with just water, and if it gets big they have a meadow that can hold lots, dry camping. It is forest, so no concrete parking slab or grass ( except in meadow) It is a great place, has a playground for kids and a bar for big kids, a rustic store and sometimes restaurant. The river is close by and at this time of year is very good for fishing, spots of river are good for letting the kids get a bit wet. There is a nice hike up to kennedy meadows for some good flyfishing. If your liking is for the hot of the delta in September, I think Sue is gonna be the one to set up for that.
Ok I comprende! Very few would like to be in an Easy Bake Oven in the Delta in August. Another time perhaps. Enjoy the sierras and I'll see y'all at the Rancheria in October. I'm off to the sweat lodge! I love heat!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #151
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
Aw .. bummer .. I was all set for Sept in the Delta! We can't make the Sierra dates unfortunately so we'll see y'all at Rancheria in Oct!!

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #152
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
We are popping down to Carmel Valley next weekend, before the holiday, but it gets warm there later in the year, and we need to keep cool so the indoor cat is comfortable.

A return to Bodega Bay, portobodega, is a good possibility in mid or late June. Nuttin fancy, but the ocean is there, and we have some kind of Groupon deal for somewhere in HMB to check out.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #153
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Volcano , California
Sue, there seemed to be lots of people interested in the delta, and some not. Wouldn't give up on your plans too fast.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #154
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Question, shall I start a thread for discussions & planning of future
Nor-Cal Rallies?
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #155
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugbug View Post
I like this idea. Did you start a new thread?
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #156
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Volcano , California
Hi Robert,

I am going to start a thread as soon as the resort is staffed for the year, so that when people call for a res, there is actually someone there to answer the phone. Should be posted by then end of May though. It is a really nice place.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #157
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisinexile

Hi, do you camp at Dolan Beach? We looked at it, haven't camped there yet. Looks neat, you're really out there at the edge of Bodega Bay.

"People in their right minds" well I guess if the shoe fits. . .

The weather has been so lovely here, 70's for multiple days = summer. Had a half an inch of rain last Thursday, but old Sol is smiling today. The fog hasn't arrived yet, so the weather is perfect.

Julie, Bob and the Hound

p.s. on our way to Tucson, going to parking lot camp at the LazyDays there (formerly Beaudry) for a few days before daughter number one gets hitched. Not sure where we'll camp on the way back. Suggestions halfway between Tucson and coastal NorCal? Emma Wood State Beach in Ventura was really a cool place to boondock as we went south and east last trip. It's a definite possible.
Hi Julie and Bob,

Doran Beach always seems too busy for us....and, often, too windy. There are definitely advantage....you have access to both the bay and a beautiful ocean beach. We usually stay at Westside Campground (also a Sonoma County Park), on the other side of the bay, near Spud Point Marina. We keep talking about trying out Doran....but, we always seem to end up at Westside....where the front row of campsites is right along the edge of the bay (when the tide is in), less wind, no fog horn, and walking distance from the Spud Point Crab Company (best crab sandwiches and crab cakes EVER!).

Try both....they both have their pros and cons....and, both beat the Sacramento heat!

Cheers

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 05-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #158
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
William Porter

Dear NorCal friends. I have some sad news. Those privy to the Sacramento region news broadcasts may have learned of a tragic boating accident to one of our Airstream friends, Bill Porter. He did not return from a day of fishing at a nearby lake last Wed. His kayak and belongings have been found. As of this writing he is still missing and the search is still in progress. Family, friends and co-workers are surprised that a day in a kayak would present any problems to Bill as he was in top physical condition, an experienced kayaker and a 'excellent' Sac City fireman. My neighbor, Assistant Fire Chief, Lloyd Ogan, Bill's boss, confirmed to me that Bill is the Airstream friend that I know. There obviously will be an investigation once his body is found. Bill and his wife (AirForum name 'wppii') attended several Casini and JRRV rallies. I am including the link to one of the news service story. Our thoughts go out to his wife, Susan and son.
Missing fisherman identified as Sacramento firefighter | Video | news10.net

Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #159
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Thank you Neil for posting the news regarding Bill.
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #160
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Volcano , California
Wow, so sad.

Tags
coastalview, norcal, norcal rally, jackson rancheria