Old 10-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #575
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
Scott--did you see #17 getting swept under the golden gate the other nite?? a setback for sure.Jimmy will be back at the helm before we know it!
$300 to get my ax repaired! bridge and solid top also needs repair, yikes. New Aria AC-30's cost $1500.
NOW for the rest of you.

it's $52 a night at Casini, I have twice the enjoyment for less than half the cost at JRRV!!!
AND at JRRV I'm on Soverign ground, NOT in California.
Twice a year @ JRRV works for me.
How's that for stirrin the pot???
Hmmmmm.....we might want to think that idea more. Casini is getting a bit rediculously pricey for us. Would JRRV honor our 'discount in the spring too.......? Jeff.

Neil

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #576
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
2003 25' Safari
Forestville , California
Sorry we missed Jackson, but Julie and I are reserved for Casini, space 127.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #577
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Opps!!

did you see #17 getting swept under the golden gate the other nite??

Yeah, saw that on the news... though of you immediately!!! what a setback for them... being from SF I kind of identify... had friends with sailboats back then... Ahh, the good ol' days..

it's $52 a night at Casini, I have twice the enjoyment for less than half the cost at JRRV!!!
AND at JRRV I'm on Soverign ground, NOT in California.
Twice a year @ JRRV works for me.
How's that for stirrin the pot???[/QUOTE]

Well, my vote don't count cause I'm from Oregon, but we're of the same mind as DG... that's funny, cause we were just talking about this earlier today... I like Casini just fine, but the weather is so iffy... either way, it's 700 miles for us, sooo... just saying
Old 10-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #578
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalview View Post

I've made a request to Casini Ranch if their willing to offer our group any discount or incentives to continue holding our annual spring rally at there facility. This coming spring will mark our 9th rally here. Likely there will be no offer given as they only offer discounts to groups in the group area that are not full hookups.

More info to be provided... stay tuned
OK folks, Casini will do for our group a 10% discount.
In simplistic terms, you would pay regular rates plus any adds like pets or guests plus 1% tax instead of 11%.
This discount would require a single individual to hold a contract similar to Jackson Rancheria. The contract holder manages all attendee's, site's, dates, collect payments, changes, etc.
I honestly don't believe anyone including myself is interested in doing this?
Expect with a group of our size a hefty deposit wouldn't be a surprise.
Food for thought, it's taken several years with Jackson to reduce contract deposits versus liability for as many sites and nights we utilize.
There was mention heading back to Jackson in the spring. I can check into to this if we'd like, keep in mind advance planing and securing a contract for our group starts 14-15 months in advance, Jackson Rancheria is popular!
Chime in with your thoughts as I would like to get this rally posted on the calendar and start it's own thread
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #579
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
I'm with you Jeff,
forget the wagonmaster thing at Casini. 10% is not worth it IMHO.
What the heck, for the 3 nights at Casini it costs a few extra bucks, no big deal.
There's other places on the coast to stay for those needing a few days before or after the 3 posted daze for Casini.
We'll probably stay at Bodega Bay for a few days before the Casini rally and do some Kayak Crabbing.
Then after the rally we could park in Vinnie's driveway for as long as it takes for the police to serve warrants,confiscate weapons, etc, etc,
so my thoughts are more of a GONG instead of a chime.
Yup, gang camping requires a lot of things to fall in place.
So start the other thread , I really wanna know who's taken my spot already....
I'll put the spoon back in the drawer,
Go Giants!!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #580
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
Yay Cousin Eddie, TSR will be well represented! What day are you arriving, we'll be there Thursday. Caravan?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #581
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
No....I or don't think anyone would not beholding for a big deposit. Lynn and I are rethinking of spending a few days like at Bodega and then Casini for the rally dates. For us to travel to Casini for just 2-3 nites.....well just too much. I will not make any reservations until the 'ideas' form a result we could handle. Of course that means Lynn and I as default unofficial official greeter status is in jeopardy. Gotta be the first there y'know. I shall rummage around in my old 'trunk' for my thinking cap. Been awhile since I seen it. I'm retired y'know.

Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #582
Road Geezer

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
San Jose , California
Alternative to casini

Last summer we stayed at Pomo RV Park and Campground near Mendocino. It's actually pretty easy to get to. They have full hook ups, the sites are level, large, and beautifully landscaped. There are lots of areas to visit and Mendocino is close by. They also have group areas, but I don't think they have full hookups. There are common areas for dinners and cocktails, etc. It's well run and very clean. Their rate for full hookups is $45.

Might be worth checking out.

Paul
Old 10-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #583
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
Sacramento , California
Olema ranch is a favorite of ours. It is on the coast by Point Reyes. They offer group discounts. We will be there on November 9 and 10 if anyone would like to join us, let me know. We already have 4 sites in Holly Circle, the more the merrier, maybe Ken will bring out the pie irons I am sure they would work with us for a Spring rally.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #584
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
The past few years, we have cruised over to Bodega Bay for 3-4 days before Casini....the price keeps going up there, as well ($30/night and no hook-ups). We make the 13-mile drive over to Casini on Friday morning and stay a day or two extra there.

I think we have it backwards anyway...we should head to Jackson in the Spring, then Casini in the Fall. Weather on the coast is MUCH nicer in the Fall!

Jeff, you lead, and we will follow! Whatever you decide works for us...

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 10-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #585
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
2003 25' Safari
Forestville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globie64 View Post
Yay Cousin Eddie, TSR will be well represented! What day are you arriving, we'll be there Thursday. Caravan?
We will arrive on Friday, due to the work thing. Now if I win the lottery, plans will change.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #586
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5
The past few years, we have cruised over to Bodega Bay for 3-4 days before Casini....the price keeps going up there, as well ($30/night and no hook-ups). We make the 13-mile drive over to Casini on Friday morning and stay a day or two extra there.

I think we have it backwards anyway...we should head to Jackson in the Spring, then Casini in the Fall. Weather on the coast is MUCH nicer in the Fall!

Jeff, you lead, and we will follow! Whatever you decide works for us...
I agree with Dee. I'll follow Jeff's lead.

I'm OK with going to Jackson twice a year. Jackson seems particularly appealing on a rainy Spring weekend when you can be up to your ankles in water and mud at Casini. I like the idea of returning to known places rather than finding a new location for each rally. I like returning to the known and comfortable to be with old and new friends. So, my vote would be leaning toward the Jackson twice a year side.

Since Jeff has so graciously taken on the task of keeping us organized, and he does such a fantastic job of it, I stand fully behind whatever works for him. I'm with the WAGONMASTER.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #587
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5 View Post

Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 10-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #588
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road View Post
I agree with Dee. I'll follow Jeff's lead.

I'm OK with going to Jackson twice a year. Jackson seems particularly appealing on a rainy Spring weekend when you can be up to your ankles in water and mud at Casini. I like the idea of returning to known places rather than finding a new location for each rally. I like returning to the known and comfortable to be with old and new friends. So, my vote would be leaning toward the Jackson twice a year side.

Since Jeff has so graciously taken on the task of keeping us organized, and he does such a fantastic job of it, I stand fully behind whatever works for him. I'm with the WAGONMASTER.
We will never out guess the weather. There have been times at both locals when the weather has been perfect.....then..... But for Lynn and I we have enjoyed each experience, the weather conditions become less important. Probably the worse weather conditions we've experienced was just a few years ago at Casini. Our son, daughter, hubby plus grand kids joined us......literally, as their tents along side of our trailer colasped in the steady rain and they escaped into our 24' shelter. Talk about family closeness. Then the 'picture' framed by the front window of our trailer of our new friends from England wading through the puddles to reach trailers of huddling Americans to say their goodbyes and expressing their feelings for the warm welcome we gave them. I say, Jeff, begin the 2013 Casini thread. Whether Lynn and I or others come for 2 or 3 nights or more will not be as important as not seeing our friends. We may not be there to 'greet' you as each arrive but we'll be glad to be the greetees just as much.

Neil

FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid

Tags
coastalview, norcal, norcal rally, jackson rancheria