Old 10-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #477
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
we are almost home now and reading the posts. The wifi was available but seemed not to work too well. But it was a blast. The potluck was really good with two deep fried turkies. Mmmmmmm.

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #478
1 Rivet Member

sutter creek , California
Wanted to thank everyone for their help and hospitality on letting me peek inside their "rolling" homes! Thank you also for your advice on the two trailors I found and for letting me pick your brains! I'll keep you posted on if I can purchase the 18' &/or 24'. I'm sorry Amador county couldn't offer you better weather...Brrrrrrrrrrr! Jewelcofsc

Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #479
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Thank You!

Thank you everyone for making us feel so welcome!

We had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Until then, happy and safe travels,
Old 10-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #480
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Thank You all for a wonderful, but short rally. How many days until the next one?
Tim, the Popov worked, I have the cold water side winterized already, I have some more work to do on the hot water sice, nees some more Popov vodka for the hot water side. and that's an easy way to know when you have the "winterizer" through the systems but I'm a little tipsy now.. Sure beats the dang red antifreeze.
Thanks ArtSteam for the new original Deprava stencils.
Wonderful site for the rally, thank you Jackson Rancheria!

NevadGeo
Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #481
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
reentry to the working world was hard today. images of jackson would periodically flash into my mind and i would think what fun the hold-overs were having without me. these rally weekends really fly by in a blink of an eye.

i must say the potluck was exceptional this time. i was lucky enough to get a fried turkey wing, it was the best wing i've ever had. then there was all those other awesome dishes. i think it was the best rally dinner ever! and we ate on-time.

paula, neil, and everyone else who took pics, please post asap. my camera was not working so i am depending on everyone's pics. let's see them!

there was talk of a last minute "mini rally" this winter. i wouldn't mind returning to jackson if we could get in or maybe somewhere on the delta. the spring casini dates will be either the second or third weekend of april to align with spring breaks.

last but not least, thank you everyone for another super fun norcal rally. let's do it again this winter!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #482
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Moments of weakness

Well today before I left I reserved 33 sites for Oct 09. The first weekend. anyone interested?? There will be more structure to the reservations. The 33 sites are the complete loop where we were on this Rally. Looks like Dan needs to start a new thread. This place is so popular reserving a year in advance in almost a must. There are already 2 groups for this weekend. Well the place is booked!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson 009.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	69269  

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #483
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
Well today before I left I reserved 33 sites for Oct 09. The first weekend. anyone interested?? There will be more structure to the reservations. The 33 sites are the complete loop where we were on this Rally. Looks like Dan needs to start a new thread. This place is so popular reserving a year in advance in almost a must. There are already 2 groups for this weekend. Well the place is booked!!
WOW!!! is this great news or what? sign me up! i already can't wait. huge thanks DG!!!

Come rally with us.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #484
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
my impressions of jackson rancheria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee View Post
WOW!!! is this great news or what? sign me up! i already can't wait. huge thanks DG!!!
a little reflection about jackson rancheria: yes, everybody was impressed with the incredible landscaping. and the design with wonderful views. and the layout with so much grass between the spaces but what really impressed me was their friendly attitude, the likes of which i have never seen. i mean free 24 hour laundry??? the pool and spa open 24 hours? super friendly staff who go out of their way to help. very, very impressive place!!!

what did you think?

Come rally with us.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #485
3 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Chico , California
I'm in. I am not sure if I will cook another turkey. I am still trying to get the smell of grease out of my "Aluminum Tent" and clothes! Had a great time and will post some photos later.

NUTZ
Old 10-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #486
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Blown Away

Ok, so it was a little gusty at times. But did that dampen our spirits, or appetites? No way! This was such a beautiful setting with just the right amount of privacy and silver that nothing could stop us! Thanks so much to BigDee and DoorGunner for "arranging" us once again. DG, that fire pit was to die for, and it truly saved the day--and night!
Having Artstream in our midst was a true gift, and we are now proud owners of his cool t-shirts and prints. What a creative and sweet guy.
Every person there added to the wonderful aluminum ambience and we feel so grateful to have been caught up in this silver circle.
And I agree Dan, CodyB and Niel need to give us another glimpse of their talents.
And Jackson Rancheria? Wow. You usually don't get such a combination of spectacular scenery in a place that's immaculately cared for, well-run, and friendly and accommodating.
Thanks to you all. What a superb group!
Happy trails,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jackson-2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	69270  
Old 10-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #487
1 Rivet Member

sutter creek , California
Well I don't know If I'll have a trailor next year, but I would love to join the party...I'm a pretty mean cook to! Keep me posted on next years events...
Keep the rubber-side down!
Jewelcofsc
Old 10-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #488
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Jackson Rancheria

Ahhh….we were greeted by Linda Lu and Doorgunner on Thursday afternoon. They were freshly tanned and blissfully marinated from the Rancheria RV hotub! Mark and I never made it to the hot tub, but managed to thoroughly enjoy the spectacular view of the foothills and valley below us. Stellar views and brisk whiffs of Autumnal breezes made the event memorable and extremely enjoyable.

The great thing about these AirForum rallies is, that, there are always interesting new AS folk who show up and dazzlingly charming old-timers that keep the Airstream “vibe” alive!

I thought the only down-side to this event was, that it was woefully too short! I had planned to peruse a few low-brow magazines, yet, with all of the visiting, eating and, dare-I-say-drinking- there was too little time!

Our dog, Quinn, had to be the problem child AGAIN (last time she ran away)! This time, I had baked two Linzer tortes and when I went back to the trailer to retrieve the second one for the Potluck dinner, Quinn was looking guilty and had crumbs around her mouth. She had eaten an entire 11" cake! Well, she hasn’t eaten for two days and we’re anticipating an explosion of walnut, butter and Raspberry essence at any moment.
It’s kinda how I feel after these rallies…

Regardless, I can’t wait for the next one! See you all there!

Karin ( and Mark)

Hot-tubbing at Jackson Rancheria. Recognize anyone?
Attached Images

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #489
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi,

Here's a link to a collection of pix taken from the Jackson Rally..hope you enjoy them.paula

http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...imageuser=9847
Old 10-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #490
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Just made it back down off the 'bluff', also...we had a great time meeting all you other AS 'nuts', and some more new friends as well...

Great food, great friendship, great looking rigs, and an overall great time up there on that windy bluff! Maybe we'll have to do some sacrificial offerings next time to keep the winds away....

Thanks again for the 'invite' and all the effort put forth to make the weekend a wonderful sucess....

Pic's to follow later...

Ray & Pat