Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #701
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Paul and I made it home without incident.....like magic, as soon as we crossed into Marin County, the sun came out! We didn't hit any real rain again until Davis, and it followed us home to Roseville. It POURED (just like last night!) as I unloaded the fridge and gathered all the food out of the cabinets.

Thanks to all for a wonderful rally!!!! We are already looking forward to Jackson...

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 04-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #702
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5 View Post
Paul and I made it home without incident.....like magic, as soon as we crossed into Marin County, the sun came out! We didn't hit any real rain again until Davis, and it followed us home to Roseville. It POURED (just like last night!) as I unloaded the fridge and gathered all the food out of the cabinets.

Thanks to all for a wonderful rally!!!! We are already looking forward to Jackson...
Glad you made it back home safely. I hope everyone had a safe trip back and those are real winter conditions that we dont normally drive through.
Where's summer?

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #703
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Vinnie,

I totally forgot about that photo.... What a great time.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #704
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
This just might get me in trouble..

Heres one.. theres a rumor that Ms. Cindy was about to fall off her chair..
Good thing Dan was close by..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2164.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	100267  

Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #705
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Good for Cindy. I once fell off my camp chair around the campfire. Seems like it was one of the better camping trips. lol Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #706
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Heres one.. theres a rumor that Ms. Cindy was about to fall off her chair..
Good thing Dan was close by..
Cindy looks EXTREMELY "relaxed"....something she deserved after prepping all that SHRIMP!!!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #707
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
We made a run for it. Lynn, Todd and I bolted at 3pm on Monday. The rain would ease at times so we took that advantage to 'pack' the soaked outdoor gear a little at a time. I had brought several tarps in case we needed cover at pot luck time. So those were deployed in, Todds car and in the Airstream to place to soggy tents, chairs and mats upon. By the time we hit 101 the work folk traffic was letting up. The ride up I-80 was smooth and we didn't encounter rain until east of Sacramento. Chain control signs were flashing but fortunately those controls were beyond our home.

As we were packing we discovered a 'left over' Rallier. Was it appropiate that the little guy was resting on a British brew?

Great Rally. Hope to see many of you good.....no, great folks at Jackson Rancheria.
Neil and Family.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Last Rallier.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	100285  
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #708
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
It's always sad to see Neil and Lynn leave. It means the party is really over when they leave. Now I am left to hold the fort with colekrc as the campground is now empty. But the sun is out!! It's so darn beautiful here. Time to go to Bodega for some oysters for the bbq tonight.

Another great rally is in the books. Thanks to everyone for making it super fun as always. And the potluck has to be one of the best ever. Vinnie and Cindy, thanks for all the shrimp! Gotta to love all that food! See you all at Jackson. If you haven't signed up yet, why are you waiting? 13 spots left...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	100287  

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #709
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
hi everyone.. We're back in Astoria today... Came up from Marysville California yesterday with more of the same weather following us most of the way... snow on the Siskious (mountains) getting back into Oregon... But the heavy rain kept it from sticking to the roadway... when heavy rain is a good thing!! 13 hrs, 750 some miles... not a bad trip at all.

I'd like to say, as so many have already on this thread, that the Casini event was truly special. This was the first rally we've attended, and I am sure, not the last by any means... wonderful people, wonderful food... The Airstreamers are truly a very special breed. And the open house part was really fun and interesting for us. The willingness to share your homes and ideas was wonderful... More of the Aistreamers thing there again...

We left early Sunday in the rain, so didn't get to say goodbye. I had planned on goodbyes at the "coffee central" that morning... rained out, I guess... anyway, I was happy to meet all of you.. All the "players" in the Vinniebago adventure, everyone else there. I wish I could remember names, but you're all special...

So thank you all so much for making newbies feel so welcome and so at home right away!!! I hope we'll meet again at some other rally... hummm, Jackson.. Oct...maybe... all right... it was all truly grand... keep having fun!! gotta go check the Journey thread... see how our new friends are doing on their adventure...bye for now.. Gail and Don
DIR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #710
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Gail and Don,

It was really nice to meet you guys. Thanks for being part of both threads. Next time I hope you will have the Overlander in tow. If its not ready we will bring tools! Just bring it!

See you in Jackson! Get signed up.. there are still spaces available..

Cheerio.. Vinnie

Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #711
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Wow, it goes on and on: so cool to see the continuing posts, here and from Tincrumpet. Maybe next year Gail and Don come with their AS, the rest of us bring tools.. like a barn raising, a group Airstream-repairing. Take care all, Peter and Scott
Old 04-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #712
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Ponderay , Idaho
We made it home yesterday safe & sound. It seems like the weather heading south was a little better, less rain & wind but there was snow at the grapevine. What a wonderful rally, airstreamers are such wonderful people! The Hans/Hans/Lilli story has been (and continues to be) just amazing, Vinnie you are such a prince ~ and those shrimp! The food was the best ever, that campground never smelled so good, chili, beef stew, bbq, deep fried turkey, ham and so much more all cooking at the same time. It even sounds like one of the "drag-alongs" (Scott) has been alumitized! Thanks again to Big Dee for organizing, hope to see all you Northerners soon.

Leslie
Tincrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #713
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Thanks Leslie..

I just heard that Cindy found you on facebook.. she will chattin up a storm with ya...
Thanks for making the trip. Was raining so hard when you pulled out on Sunday didnt get to say goodbye..

Until next time.

Vinnie and Cindy

Old 04-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #714
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Ponderay , Idaho
If it weren't for the rain we might all still be at Casini saying goodbyes!
Tincrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #715
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
The rain on Sunday was a huge bummer. I was completely soaked with in 10 minutes. I was lucky to have my buddy Ryan there. I was able to pile my wet stuff into the back of his pick up truck. Maybe next year we can do a week or two later.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #716
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
With our luck the rain would hold out to our newly adjusted dates.. and then clear up on Monday.. ugh

Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #717
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
The rain on Sunday was a huge bummer. I was completely soaked with in 10 minutes. I was lucky to have my buddy Ryan there. I was able to pile my wet stuff into the back of his pick up truck. Maybe next year we can do a week or two later.
Spring in California can bring surprises! And, this happens to be a wetter than normal spring.... The organizer happens to be a teacher, and he schedules the rally based on Spring Break, when he can take a few extra days off.

I was thankful the rain held off until Sunday....especially after feeling a few drops on Saturday morning!!! Fortunately, we have never had our potlucks get rained out....yet.

As we were leaving, I saw the pile of wet tents surrounding Neil & Lynn's trailer....fortunately, they had Todd there to help out!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #718
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Hi everybody,,, we got up and got out of dodge Sunday morning. Eric had his best raincoat on and low and behold he got soaked through to the skin. When he was done hooking us all up he went and changed into dry clothes and we had a nice ride back to Vallejo. I am taking my time unpacking, still have a few things to bring in the house. Eric redid the last break thingie on Monday, was and still is very grateful to Vin for a brake education. He is also grateful to Paul who has got us on the road to electrical recovery. His friend Johnny came over yesterday and they adjusted all the drawers and cabinets so that they all close the way they are supposed to.
I just want to say what a great group of people you all are. I didn't get to meet everybody, but I hope to in the future. I thought about all the times I have been camping in a place with sites and it was never like it was a Casini! What a blast for sure!

Thankful for,
the fridge working! YEA
tea
a good man!

Funniest thing I heard,
Beth Hagen said, "I am glad to hear your noisy pump, I thought ours was broke but after hearing yours I think its ok."

Yummiest food
Todd's cherry cake and all of the desserts

smiles,
Pink
Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #719
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink1 View Post
....we got up and got out of dodge Sunday morning. Eric had his best raincoat on and low and behold he got soaked through to the skin....
smiles,
Pink
Yup.....from inside our silver coccoon, we watched folks packing up, folding up awnings, hooking up TV's, etc. We watched and considered offering to help....but, we figured everyone had their own way of doing things!

The one thing we learned, as we watched our neighbor with a 16' Bambi going through all this in the pouring rain....it doesn't matter what size Airstream you own, it still takes just as long to get it all together!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #720
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Gail and Don,

It was really nice to meet you guys. Thanks for being part of both threads. Next time I hope you will have the Overlander in tow. If its not ready we will bring tools! Just bring it!

See you in Jackson! Get signed up.. there are still spaces available..

Cheerio.. Vinnie
Hi Vinnie

Ok, we're going to sign up for Jackson... Tools are great!! we have tons of tools.. in fact we're tool poor!!! what we need is money... got any extra??

Don figures axels, wheels, tires?? about 3k.. so we're saving for that.. otherwise she's good to go... Oh, and I need to finish the curtains... Or I could try the towel over the head like Lili

Can't say thanks enough...had a great time.. see you at Jackson!!! Hurrrah!!! gail & Don
DIR1 is offline   Reply With Quote