Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #603
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Pot Luck update

Rally Schedule
Friday Evening "Meet and Greet" Happy Hour hosted by ???
Saturday Trailer "Open Houses" and gab fest
Saturday Evening Grand Potluck Dinner @ 6:00 Sharp at Party Central
Saturday Night music and campfire at Party Central
Sunday Morning Coffee and "sniff-sniff" Goodbye

Yhottys, Funky, pretentious cheese and salami plate for Friday's Happy Hour, bottle of Kendall Jackson chardonnay, Grilled salmon with fennel apple relish for Saturday's Potluck

Coastalview, Razz-Ma-Tazz Bars and other surprise treats (kids on board) plus a big appetite!

Airslide, Tiger shrimp kabobs on the barbi

Warbler5, dessert of some kind, bottle of wine for Friday happy hour

Big Dee, Chocolate Fondue

Terrayacht, bean & rice cajun style dish, vegetarian to honor our longest
distance travelers; something for Friday, maybe even something good; also some shortbread for Saturday, or Friday, or both, plus some wines so we don't run out, and some Fernet Branca

Condoluminum: Green Salad, plus wine, snacks, etc...

1953 Flying : hungarian beef goulash- made in a bogracs

Neil's -Daughter, Tiffany, hubby, bringing a margarita ball

Zugbug -Dutchoven Mac and Cheese

Pink1 - triple chocolate brownies

Hit’ the’ road - potato casserole

Moymew - Friday Happy Hour - Chicken Wings - Bombay Gin

Saturday Potluck - Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs Teriyaki Style.

Globie64 - cheese nibbles for Friday, Risotto on Saturday

Reshecca - 7-Layer dip and chips for Friday, Tangy Coleslaw for Saturday

Tincrew~Mini Quiches & wine for Friday; Grilled Vegies with Harvest Grain Blend for Saturday Potluck

Dir1 - avacado/mango salad and a cheese/crackers plate. Tillamook Cheese varieties.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #604
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
The Trade Wind is loaded. The car is loaded. The two are connected. The dog has had her bath. We are set to leave for Casini in the morning (Wed). I had an idea for a picture....errr piccy...for Lili. As you see my pose with all things English, Union Jack, book of English Slang, Cornish Pastie in my other hand and me sort of as my parents were from Cornwall, England. All is good.....then my temp tooth comes loose and the tooth breaks...**^@+!!# it! I guess I have to call my Dentist Dentist in the morning. If I have to go in then I call Casini and postpone our arrival a day. &^**!#!* it!
Neil.
On our way to Casini. No dentist in the office today and I don't want to wait until tomorrow. I have my priorities. The broken molar is dead so no pain but edges are sharp. I'll pick up some gauze or gum to hold in there. I guess it will be a soft and LIQUID diet for a few days....Vinnie the SHRIMP is soft, huh?
Neil

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #605
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Drive safe Neil. At least this year you and Lynn wont be sleeping in the rain for the first couple of nights. See ya soon.

www.petidforme.com/105
Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #606
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincrew View Post
Ahh, Tillamook cheese is wonderful but their ice cream is amazing. They are the only one I know of that makes white licorice.
Hi Tincrew,

We're coming without the trailer so no freezer or I'd try to find some (White Licorice ice cream) Doubt it would make it from Friday am to Saturday when we'll arrive in the cooler... True, their ice cream is outstanding!! Maybe that's why I've put on lbs since I moved up here... The cottage is 5 miles north of the Plant!!! weeeee!!!

When I first moved up here they had milk too...but stopped making it because of a required labeling change and they didn't want to deal with it... sooo sad... best milk I ever tasted off a farm...

Ok, Gotta get packing here.... leaving Astoria Thurs morn... stuff to do at the Bay City Cottage, then on the road for real Friday am... YEAH!! bye, gail
Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #607
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
On our way to Casini. No dentist in the office today and I don't want to wait until tomorrow. I have my priorities. The broken molar is dead so no pain but edges are sharp. I'll pick up some gauze or gum to hold in there. I guess it will be a soft and LIQUID diet for a few days....Vinnie the SHRIMP is soft, huh?
Neil
Oh, sad about the tooth...there's a wax you can get at the drugstore for that sort of thing.. just molds into the space...works pretty good... I looked but can't find what I had left over from a similar incident.. good luck... jsut realized, you won't get this anyway as you're on the road already...
ok, see you there... gail
Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #608
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Any on site updates Neil? You out there?
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #609
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Neil, can you hear us? Are you getting a signal? This is jealous that we are not there. Come in Neil..........

www.petidforme.com/105
Old 04-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #610
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Arrived at Casini this afternoon

Hey all,

I arrived around 2:00 this afternoon. I was the only shiny silver in a sea of white boxes until Neil and Lynn arrived a few hours later. They were a bit late due to an adventure involving the replacement on their starter. I leave the telling of the tale for Neil

It was a beautiful day. Right now there's no wind and the temperature is in the mid 50s.

Can't wait for you all to get here.

Cam
Old 04-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #611
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
We are HERE, but not without a story. Weather, sunny, breezy, cool this evening. Cam is here so it's just us to begin the welcoming beginning Thurs. As reported I decided not to worry about my bothersome tooth. THAT was the only hitch...so far to a great travel day. The car and trailer hitched up with no issues, lights working, brakes working, smooth exit from the canopy the trailer resides in (I have to start quickly to gain traction up the upper part of the hill gravel driveway. Last departure I forgot to close a window and it hooked onto a pole and pulled the window onto the ground) and down through the rural neighborhood. The left turn onto the main road is also uphill and right after a blind curve...scary. Traffic down US 50 to Sacramento...light. I-80 ,busy but flowing. We stopped as we usually do at Cordellia Jnct for gas and lunch. Back on the road to 37 across the top of the Bay. Weather..gorgeous. Dog, Lizzy was snoozing is the back seat with and occasaional head lift as to ask, 'Are we there yet?' Soon onto 101 North. All's well. Checked the gauges again; Oil Pres. right on; Water temp, perfect; Transmission Temp; Cool. All's well...maybe too well...but I was just in 'the zone'. Soon the River Road turnoff was approaching. We made the turn West onto River Rd and as I promised, Lynn, I would find a safe place to pull off for 'leg stretching time'. While, Lynn was in the trailer I was leaning against the car with Lizzy 'exploring' on the end of a long leash. Suddenly it felt and sounded as if the car was trying to start. I quickly turned and saw the keys in the ignition but off. Hmmmm, strange, it DID sound like the starter turned over. I called to, Lynn, "Are you OK?" thinking she may have fallen. "I'm okay, I didn't fall." All back in the car and buckled in. I turned the ignition, 'WHIIIIRRRR, GRIIIND, WHIIIRR'.....WHOA, SUMPIN AINT RIGHT! I got out and lifted the hood and then turned the ignition from outside....same sounds but the belts were not turning. Weeell, time to see if Good Sam Road Service is any good. A well used Honda pulled onto the road shoulder in front of us. A smiling but grumby looking guy got out and asked if we needed any assistance. I explained the senario the we just experienced. He asked if the ignition was off, yes, so then he tried pulling on the belts to budge the motor a little. SUDDENLY the starter caught and he jumped back....the ignition is OFF!! He wiggled under the car, made a quick inspection, wiggled back out and said, "your, not going to believe this but your started has a huge crack in it and is probably shorting out." Well the starters on these old Buicks are easy to replace...if I were 20 years younger and not parked on a sloping road shoulder. I asked, Dale...by this time we were acquaintences...if a repairshop was nearby. He mentioned a couple so I began to dial Good Sam. A nice lady asked me wat I would like to do. "May I have the trailer towed to Casini and the car to a repair shop." Good, she'll get back to me as soon as she locates such towing companies and repair shop. WOW. Dale says he works just up the road and if I could have the car towed to a safer and more level spot and he for $100 plus parts he would replace to starter. DEAL! He hopped into his old Honda and drove the short distance to his work. Within minutes he was back with a large garage jack. He very quickly had the car up right there and the starter out. Yup a 10" crack ran the length of the starter. He made some calls to parts stores and located one a few minutes away. $50. Good I gave him some money and he left. I wasn't to worried because the jack he left behind was worth a dozen starters. Good Sam called back and said they have a tow for the trailer to Casini but so far could not round up a repair shop that could do a quick repair. I explained what was happening and I thought it would be my solution. She was very nice and said she would put my request on hold and to call back if I needed Good Sam. I was very pleased...I had one other very good experience with GS. When I hung up there was Dale with the new starter. He had it in in 15 minutes. YAAAAAY!. I gave him a tip and heart felt thanks. About a half dozen motorist stopped to ask to help. People are good..GOOD! We were tired when we pulled into Casini. Cam greeted us and heard the short version of this. We are ready for you all. My sore tonque, from the grating against the ragged molar has been relieved by bathing it in cold beer. The 2 glasses of wine are assisting. Piccys attached will now be self explanatory.
Hey, you all, Safe journey to here. And if you need a good roadside mechanic I know where Dale works.
Neil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010068.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	461.7 KB
ID:	99785   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010071.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	443.7 KB
ID:	99786  

Name:	P1010069.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	99787   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010073.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	99788  

FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #612
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Restoring Faith

Neil,

We're so glad to learn that you and Lynn made it to Casini safely, albeit with a bit of a delay.

Thank you and Dale for restoring our faith in the goodness of others. Such a great story.

See you soon!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:51 AM   #613
Rivet Master

1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
Neil,
My motorhome is in the middle of repairs but I was going to try to stop by at Casini and say hi to everyone like I did for a few hours last year.
I'm a dentist and I work Thursday and Friday, and you're welcome to stop into my office so I can smooth that tooth down for you. I know how a sharp tooth feels against the tongue. Call me at 707-579-5533 (office) between 9 and 2 either day (the sooner the better) and I'll tell you how to get there. I'm in Santa Rosa. Take 101 south to the HWY 12 interchange past the fairgrounds and I'm right around the corner.
Let me know!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #614
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Wow Neil, What a story. I'm sure glad that there are nice people left in this world to lend a hand when in time of need. I'm also stoked you and Lynn made it safely.

Cam, It's good you made it there with out any troubles.

See ya Friday,

www.petidforme.com/105
Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #615
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Another great story Neil! People are good...GOOD! Glad your there safe with Cam. Now get rid of those white boxes and I'll be there Friday.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #616
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I guess we now have to call the mornings here at Casini....Leatherbys LONDON fog.
Neil.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010077.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	99795  

FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid