Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #589
4 Rivet Member
 
DIR1's Avatar
 
1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 449
[QUOTE=Smartstream;834603]I think it goes without saying that our sanity is questionable.

Knowing when we start rolling would indicate some level of organization. I can assure you we haven't reached that level yet. I suppose when we have about half of the stuff loaded that we will need we will leave. That leaves for a bit of adventure to the trip. Remember we have farther to go so that gives us more time on the road to remember all the things we forgot.

Hi!! that's so great that you're coming down.. I drove right past you at Fort Stevens and am still sorry I didn't stop the car and say hi!!! I thought after we left, I should have gotten out and asked if anyone there was following the Britmobile adventure!!!

Well, now I'll get to meet boht of you and Hargar too!!! My dog is about as big as Hargars left cheek!!! can't wait ... keep having fun!!! gail
__________________

__________________
DIR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #590
Rivet Master
 
Smartstream's Avatar

 
1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,371
[QUOTE=DIR1;834621]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
I think it goes without saying that our sanity is questionable.

Knowing when we start rolling would indicate some level of organization. I can assure you we haven't reached that level yet. I suppose when we have about half of the stuff loaded that we will need we will leave. That leaves for a bit of adventure to the trip. Remember we have farther to go so that gives us more time on the road to remember all the things we forgot.

Hi!! that's so great that you're coming down.. I drove right past you at Fort Stevens and am still sorry I didn't stop the car and say hi!!! I thought after we left, I should have gotten out and asked if anyone there was following the Britmobile adventure!!!

Well, now I'll get to meet boht of you and Hargar too!!! My dog is about as big as Hargars left cheek!!! can't wait ... keep having fun!!! gail
Keep an eye open for the Aisrstream going down the highway without a tow vehicle, it's probably us.
Hagar likes those little guy's, he calls them appetizers.

See you there, Dan
__________________

__________________
Smartstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #591
4 Rivet Member
 
DIR1's Avatar
 
1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 449
We'll watch for your Airstream, Dan... Actually we always watch for Airstreams It's what we do!!

Robert, I never posted what we're bringing for potluck.. an avacado/mango salad and a cheese/crackers plate. All Tillamook Cheese varieties. Tillamook Sharp Cheddar won some worlds best cheddar medal this year... ItT's local here ya know, so a big deal ... ok, see you all there... Oh, a few bottles of wine...
__________________
DIR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #592
3 Rivet Member
 
Tincrew's Avatar
 
2007 25' International CCD
Ponderay , Idaho
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 200
Ahh, Tillamook cheese is wonderful but their ice cream is amazing. They are the only one I know of that makes white licorice.
__________________
Tincrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #593
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 621
White licorice???????? Have been in OR since 1969 and have never seen white licorice.
Where do you get it? Only at the dairy??
__________________
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #594
3 Rivet Member
 
Tincrew's Avatar
 
2007 25' International CCD
Ponderay , Idaho
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 200
We bought some in Tillamook at the plant and we even found a couple of markets that had it on the OR coast. It might be a seasonal or something but if you ever find it be sure to try it.
__________________
Tincrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #595
Rivet Master
 
2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 621
May have to take a "camping" trip to the coast to check it out. Can you recall the time of year that you found it?
__________________
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #596
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
All things English

The Trade Wind is loaded. The car is loaded. The two are connected. The dog has had her bath. We are set to leave for Casini in the morning (Wed). I had an idea for a picture....errr piccy...for Lili. As you see my pose with all things English, Union Jack, book of English Slang, Cornish Pastie in my other hand and me sort of as my parents were from Cornwall, England. All is good.....then my temp tooth comes loose and the tooth breaks...**^@+!!# it! I guess I have to call my Dentist Dentist in the morning. If I have to go in then I call Casini and postpone our arrival a day. &^**!#!* it!
Neil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slang.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	99643  
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #597
Rivet Master
 
ROBERTSUNRUS's Avatar

 
2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7,268
Images: 18
Blog Entries: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
The Trade Wind is loaded. The car is loaded. The two are connected. The dog has had her bath. We are set to leave for Casini in the morning (Wed). I had an idea for a picture....errr piccy...for Lili. As you see my pose with all things English, Union Jack, book of English Slang, Cornish Pastie in my other hand and me sort of as my parents were from Cornwall, England. All is good.....then my temp tooth comes loose and the tooth breaks...**^@+!!# it! I guess I have to call my Dentist Dentist in the morning. If I have to go in then I call Casini and postpone our arrival a day. &^**!#!* it!
Neil.
Hi, Neil. Sorry to hear that you are still having teeth problems. Maybe if you go to Vinnie's Dentist-Dentist, for $5,000.00 each, I'll bet they will not break. But then again, for us poor people, that's out of the question. Hope this doesn't screw up Casini for you.
__________________
Bob

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #598
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, Neil. Sorry to hear that you are still having teeth problems. Maybe if you go to Vinnie's Dentist-Dentist, for $5,000.00 each, I'll bet they will not break. But then again, for us poor people, that's out of the question. Hope this doesn't screw up Casini for you.
This episode has cost my..out of pocket...$3600. Hopefully I won't surpass his dentist. I'm in no pain or discomfort. Hopefully the dentist will tell me to come back after Casini. We will go...our kids and grandkids are going too.
Neil.
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #599
Rivet Master
 
Big Dee's Avatar
 
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,664
Images: 24
oo too bad neil. those cornish pasties must be hard on the teeth. haha
__________________
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #600
Rivet Master
 
VIKING's Avatar
 
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,177
Hi all.
I am coming to Casini, without my Safari, (unfortunately) and only for Saturday evening/ Sunday morning(unfortunately) and I was wondering if there are any tent campers coming, and if I could share a space for a night. I am just bringing a sleepingbag with me. Waddayasay? I come bearing Pinot Noir!

Rich the Viking
__________________
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:13 AM   #601
Rivet Master
 
Yhottys's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Images: 28
Come Bunk With Us!

Rich,

It might be tight, but you're welcome to bunk with us in the Caravanner.

We can relive Burning Man 2009 or talk about how cool 2010 will be!

However if you get more than one offer, we won't be offended if you bunk somewhere else.

We'll look forward to hanging out with you one way or another!
__________________
Gemma and Murray
Yhottys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:22 AM   #602
Rivet Master
 
VIKING's Avatar
 
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,177
Hi Gemma & Murray!
I can still remember the taste of that wonderful salmon you made. Thanks for the invite. I may take you up on it. You guys are great!
Caravanner? Are you starting your own club or something? That ones not listed in your avatar yet.
I look forward to visiting with you again.

Rich the Viking
__________________

__________________
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorCal : NorCal Rally, Casini Ranch, April 10-12 Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 479 04-25-2009 10:53 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally, Casini Ranch, April 11-13 Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 818 05-19-2008 06:36 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally, April 27-29, Casini Ranch Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 1708 05-28-2007 03:02 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally, April 28-30, Casini Ranch Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 122 05-11-2006 07:11 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally- Casini Ranch, April 8-10 Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 154 04-18-2005 03:28 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.