Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #421
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Two weeks Neil? Well then there's still time to overhaul the transmission or replace the AC evaporator or something right??
Well, when I was a 'little' younger I could tackle such projects in short order. This morning I went to the dentist because my bridge came loose. "No problemo," I said and since I had a cleaning (dental) scheduled also I suggested to Lynn if she wanted I would drop her off at the mall rather than she wait in the waiting room. 2 1/2 hours later I picked up Lynn....."Where have you been!?" was her first question. Well not 'foolin' around that's for sure. I left the dentist with one less tooth, a root canal, 2 crown preps and impressions made for a 'partial AND $3600 less in my wallet. At least 2 1/2 hours of shopping by Lynn didn't equal my expense! I could have gotten tranny and AC work done FOR me for that and felt better about it. e drove down to Costco and bought wine and margaritas for Casini. Don't be surprised if I finish it off before Casini. ...
Neil..
__________________

__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #422
Rivet Master
 
Big Dee's Avatar
 
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,664
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
I want to throw this question out to the group. I have a friend that want's to join me (us) at Casini. Unfortunately he does not have an Airstream. But he does have a 1963 Vintage Nomad trailer. Not the pretties to look at, but it is Vintage. I also know that Karen has a spot open. So my question is, will he be welcome to hang out with our group? Maybe we can influence him to up grade his trailer. Either way I think he will come. I just didn't know if I should try to get Karen's spot before some else does.

Any thoughts?
Robert, take Karen's spot ASAP! We need that spot filled with a rallier and a 63 Nomad will do just fine.
__________________

__________________
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:36 AM   #423
Rivet Master
 
Big Dee's Avatar
 
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,664
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Well, when I was a 'little' younger I could tackle such projects in short order. This morning I went to the dentist because my bridge came loose. "No problemo," I said and since I had a cleaning (dental) scheduled also I suggested to Lynn if she wanted I would drop her off at the mall rather than she wait in the waiting room. 2 1/2 hours later I picked up Lynn....."Where have you been!?" was her first question. Well not 'foolin' around that's for sure. I left the dentist with one less tooth, a root canal, 2 crown preps and impressions made for a 'partial AND $3600 less in my wallet. At least 2 1/2 hours of shopping by Lynn didn't equal my expense! I could have gotten tranny and AC work done FOR me for that and felt better about it. e drove down to Costco and bought wine and margaritas for Casini. Don't be surprised if I finish it off before Casini. ...
Neil..
I love reading your stories Neil! Very funny!

wait....is it really 2 weeks away? oh right I forget the official rally greeter arrives early.
__________________
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #424
4 Rivet Member
 
Luminati's Avatar
 
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 333
Images: 8
Tick-Tock....

Please PM me ASAP if you want #130 (full hook-ups)....otherwise, I am going to cancel my spot and you guys will have a SOB smack-dab in the middle!

Karin

PS: Three nights April 8, 9 and 10th Thursday thru Sunday checkout at noon Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BigRig.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	98818  
__________________
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...29778407104915

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #425
1953 Flying Cloud
 
1953 Flying's Avatar
 
1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,033
Images: 8
Not that one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati View Post
Please PM me ASAP if you want #130 (full hook-ups)....otherwise, I am going to cancel my spot and you guys will have a SOB smack-dab in the middle!

Karin
Karin,

I just sent you a PM. Did you get it?
__________________
Custom driver license Pet ID's.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #426
moderator
Commercial Member
 
Airslide's Avatar

 
2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,705
Images: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Actually.. I think the new SOB would be fun to party with! Hopefully the full video display is on Neils side of the parking arrangement but otherwise we should welcome them lol.
__________________
"Old fashioned service on your late model Airstream"

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #427
1953 Flying Cloud
 
1953 Flying's Avatar
 
1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,033
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Actually.. I think the new SOB would be fun to party with! Hopefully the full video display is on Neils side of the parking arrangement but otherwise we should welcome them lol.
I do believe the display system will break the noise rules....

We would have to have Doorgunner take care of the security again.
__________________
Custom driver license Pet ID's.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #428
4 Rivet Member
 
Luminati's Avatar
 
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 333
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Actually.. I think the new SOB would be fun to party with!

Yeah, Vinnie! They have an awesome sound system! Something to lull you into a deep slumber...Yo-Yo-Yo!
__________________
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...29778407104915

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #429
Tin Tippster
 
Sue Tipp's Avatar
 
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1970 18' Caravel
1963 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
St. Helena , California
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 75
Bummmmmmmed! So sorry to say I will miss you all very much BUT I have to be a MOM! My daughter was admitted to u of Denver, Boulder, and Boise State among others! That is the week we need to go look! So I will be in Colorado...who knew? Waaaaaah anyway I was out on the perimeter so I shouldn't disturb the shine! F 2 and 3 next to Stan! I'm on the edge anyway as you all know! I was struggling with potluck choice anyway! Have fun as always! I'm there in spirit! If any of u want to add a vintage rig to your driveway, I have my collection for sale on my website Napa Valley Vintage Trailers now that you're letting them in! Lol
__________________
Tin Tippster
Sue Tipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #430
Rivet Master
 
Yhottys's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Images: 28
Awww!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Tipp View Post
Bummmmmmmed! So sorry to say I will miss you all very much BUT I have to be a MOM! My daughter was admitted to u of Denver, Boulder, and Boise State among others! That is the week we need to go look! So I will be in Colorado...who knew? Waaaaaah anyway I was out on the perimeter so I shouldn't disturb the shine! F 2 and 3 next to Stan! I'm on the edge anyway as you all know! I was struggling with potluck choice anyway! Have fun as always! I'm there in spirit! If any of u want to add a vintage rig to your driveway, I have my collection for sale on my website Napa Valley Vintage Trailers now that you're letting them in! Lol
Sue,

We're sorry we won't see you in April, but hope you and your daughter enjoy your trip to Colorado.

We're currently booked for F5 and F6 and would love F2 and F3 if no one else wants them. How does that work? Do you contact Casini and give them our information or do we contact them directly after you've released the sites?
__________________
Gemma and Murray
Yhottys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #431
1953 Flying Cloud
 
1953 Flying's Avatar
 
1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,033
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhottys View Post
Sue,

We're sorry we won't see you in April, but hope you and your daughter enjoy your trip to Colorado.

We're currently booked for F5 and F6 and would love F2 and F3 if no one else wants them. How does that work? Do you contact Casini and give them our information or do we contact them directly after you've released the sites?

Wow... are you guys bringing your whole entourage or do you just not like having neighbors?
__________________
Custom driver license Pet ID's.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #432
Rivet Master
 
Yhottys's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Images: 28
Entourage - Check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
Wow... are you guys bringing your whole entourage or do you just not like having neighbors?
Robert,

We've got our entourage (kinda/sorta) accompanying us. Gemma's brother's family is coming with us and towing one of our Airstreams.

We'll look forward to see you and your larger family soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christian-Casini 041209.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	98834  
__________________
Gemma and Murray
Yhottys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #433
1953 Flying Cloud
 
1953 Flying's Avatar
 
1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,033
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhottys View Post
Robert,

We've got our entourage (kinda/sorta) accompanying us. Gemma's brother's family is coming with us and towing one of our Airstreams.

We'll look forward to see you and your larger family soon!
Yes, our family has grown x1. This will be little man's first camping trip. It should be fun for all.

We look forward to see all our friends new and old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0562.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	98838  
__________________
Custom driver license Pet ID's.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #434
4 Rivet Member
 
Luminati's Avatar
 
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 333
Images: 8
Drumroll.....

Who will be in campsite #130??? -And the winner is......Toddster!

Treat him right!
Attached Images
 
__________________

__________________
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...29778407104915

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorCal : NorCal Rally, Casini Ranch, April 10-12 Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 479 04-25-2009 10:53 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally, Casini Ranch, April 11-13 Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 818 05-19-2008 06:36 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally, April 27-29, Casini Ranch Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 1708 05-28-2007 03:02 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally, April 28-30, Casini Ranch Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 122 05-11-2006 07:11 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally- Casini Ranch, April 8-10 Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 154 04-18-2005 03:28 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.