Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #301
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Jeff,

I think the Vista windows are cool! There must be a way to get them to stop leaking.
I can imagine the Berber carpet is NOT kid friendly. lol

We were actually thinking of just bringing a meatloaf from safeway this year...

Vin

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #302
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
We like vista view windows too Jeff. We're sorry the window seal gods have not been kind to you.

We're thinking about bringing a brick of Velveeta for happy hour to go with Vinnie's Safeway meatloaf.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #303
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Help me un-jinx myself. I knew that I shouldn't have mentioned getting the car painted. The body shop wants the car Monday so as to not crowd my time between the yet to be undetermined completion date of the paint and Casini I thought now should be the time to take care of a nagging problem with intermittant brake lights on the car. I had traced the potential problem to the wiring in the steering column where the directional light switch is. Weeeeell, the bearings at the knuckle for the adjustable steering wheel disintergrated. I had been wanting to get rid of the 2 'donor cars' that I have for a while so thankfully I didn't. It would be easier to switch out a steering column than to repair the one in the convertible. So I had the donor car's column out in a couple of hours so then I began to remove the convertible's. GAAAAD!! I was amazed how much wiring that I had added over the years, stereo radio/cd, gauges for towing (oil/trans temp and oil pres.), trailer brake controls.......and so on. It looks like spaggetti at a Casini Pot luck under there and it all had to come out. The donor column is in..sorta and now to put back the gauges and trailer brake controller. But I am trying to prepare for more glitches now. Squiggling around under a dash is hard enough...I am really testing the endurance of my 'fake' hips. So help me not to endure any more jinxes .
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #304
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Oh boy Neil,

No pressure right?! Ofcourse it was a good idea to yank the column out just before the paint job (i think).
Sounds like you got a handle on it and everything will work out great. If you have any little details to work out once you get it back from the shop you should have atleast 3-4 hours before you have to hook up the airstream and get to Casini.. LOL

Your my hero for climbing around in there with all that spaggetti

Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #305
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Oh boy Neil,

No pressure right?! Ofcourse it was a good idea to yank the column out just before the paint job (i think).
Sounds like you got a handle on it and everything will work out great. If you have any little details to work out once you get it back from the shop you should have atleast 3-4 hours before you have to hook up the airstream and get to Casini.. LOL

Your a hero for climbing around in there with all that spaggetti
Yeah...a hero okay. I was lying across the front seat (bench seat, remember those where your squeeze could snuggle right up next to you and the only place to place your right arm is around her )...lying across the seat reaching up under the dash when I slid off onto the floor...STUCK on my left side against the seat. Oh, my, I could only wiggle a little bit. I need to turn onto my right side to push my body outside thru the driver door. But at my feet was a large dash component that I had placed there. I didn't want to break it in my flaying around. The power seat switch was within reach to crank the seat back a few inches but I had disconnected the battery to work with all that wiring. Oh, what to do? Lynn makes me keep my cell phone with me for potential senior citizen emergencies like (HELP, I've fallen and can't get up!). My pride wouldnt let me call.....just yet so a laid there for 10 minutes planning what she could do to help. Ideally reconnecting the battery so I could move the seat would be the solution but the battery is a side mount connection away from the front and I knew that would be very difficult for her. I knew the neighbours (English spelling for Hans and Lilli) were not at home. I decided on a plan and dialed, Lynn...went to voicemail...tried again as sometimes she can't get to her cell quickly and she answered..standing over me in the garage. So I had her remove the dash component and I after some kicking and thrusting...no guys not what your thinking...it took a few minutes, more than 2, to finally drop to the cold garage floor. I decided that I needed a rest and to warm up. I slept for 3 HOURS! When I calmed down I decided that if I don't get the car 'in' I'm just not going to worry. My neighbour body shop guy really wants warmer drier weather to work on the car. He has 2 or 3 classic cars in the shop ready to paint soon as the climate improves. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 02-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #306
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Wow Neil,

This story has really developed into something here. Maybe it was divine intervention in keeping you from taking the car to the bodyshop. Maybe there is one last rock chip that must occur or it wouldnt be ready and your new tow vehicle is the ol jeep truck to Casini...

Old 02-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #307
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airslide View Post
Wow Neil,

This story has really developed into something here. Maybe it was divine intervention in keeping you from taking the car to the bodyshop. Maybe there is one last rock chip that must occur or it wouldnt be ready and your new tow vehicle is the ol jeep truck to Casini...
Yeah, that first chip/scratch do play upon me mind. Way too cold and rainy to work on it today. Car is 'mostly' in the garage but not enough to close the garage door and use the cat-heater. Gotta take Lynn to church now. I'm not going to pray for nicer weather....we DO need more snow and rain this winter..........but maybe not in early April
Neil
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #308
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
We ordered cork flooring for the Trade Wind. But it won't arrive with enough time to install before Casini. So the convertible will not have new paint or the trailer a new floor. I guess maybe we won't be as welcome .....Yes, I am trying to revive this thread!
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #309
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
So the convertible will not have new paint or the trailer a new floor. I guess maybe we won't be as welcome .....Yes, I am trying to revive this thread!
Neil.
Sounds like typical trailer trash will be attending. ::::re-thinks bypassing:::::
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #310
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Sounds like typical trailer trash will be attending. ::::re-thinks bypassing:::::
Come on now, Mike......we're your kinda people.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

1966 Trade Wind

455 cid

455 cid
Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #311
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Come on now, Mike......we're your kinda people.
Neil.
I know that, that's what bothers my wife.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #312
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
So who wants to start the Pot luck list?

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #313
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Pot Luck!

We will!

We were wondering when it would get started. Once we get the list started that means it's practically April!

Does anyone have a head count? The RSVP page doesn't seem to have been updated in quite a while.

Okay . . .

Funky, pretentious cheese and salumi plate for Friday's Happy Hour, bottle of Kendall Jackson chardonnay

Grilled side of salmon for Saturday's potluck
Old 03-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #314
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Pot Luck list:

Yhottys, Funky, pretentious cheese and salami plate for Friday's Happy Hour, bottle of Kendall Jackson chardonnay
Coastalview, Razz-Ma-Tazz Bars and other surprise treats (kids on board) plus a big appetite!
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #315
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Pot Luck list:

Yhottys, Funky, pretentious cheese and salami plate for Friday's Happy Hour, bottle of Kendall Jackson chardonnay
Coastalview, Razz-Ma-Tazz Bars and other surprise treats (kids on board) plus a big appetite!
Airslide, Meatloaf from Safeway...

Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #316
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Pot Luck list:

Grilled side of salmon for Saturday's potluck

Vinnie, just how big of a loaf are you planning on bringing?
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #317
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Pot Luck list:

Warbler5, dessert of some kind, bottle of wine for Friday happy hour

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #318
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Sorry Jeff for not starting the list but I gave up the mantle of Official List Keeper last time. hahaha Now i was thinking of doing a dessert for the first time. I think I'll have to do a few trial runs to get the chocolate fondue just right.

Pot Luck list:

Warbler5, dessert of some kind, bottle of wine for Friday happy hour
Big Dee, Chocolate Fondue

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #319
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Yeah...a hero okay. I was lying across the front seat (bench seat, remember those where your squeeze could snuggle right up next to you and the only place to place your right arm is around her )...lying across the seat reaching up under the dash when I slid off onto the floor...STUCK on my left side against the seat. Oh, my, I could only wiggle a little bit. I need to turn onto my right side to push my body outside thru the driver door. But at my feet was a large dash component that I had placed there. I didn't want to break it in my flaying around. The power seat switch was within reach to crank the seat back a few inches but I had disconnected the battery to work with all that wiring. Oh, what to do? Lynn makes me keep my cell phone with me for potential senior citizen emergencies like (HELP, I've fallen and can't get up!). My pride wouldnt let me call.....just yet so a laid there for 10 minutes planning what she could do to help. Ideally reconnecting the battery so I could move the seat would be the solution but the battery is a side mount connection away from the front and I knew that would be very difficult for her. I knew the neighbours (English spelling for Hans and Lilli) were not at home. I decided on a plan and dialed, Lynn...went to voicemail...tried again as sometimes she can't get to her cell quickly and she answered..standing over me in the garage. So I had her remove the dash component and I after some kicking and thrusting...no guys not what your thinking...it took a few minutes, more than 2, to finally drop to the cold garage floor. I decided that I needed a rest and to warm up. I slept for 3 HOURS! When I calmed down I decided that if I don't get the car 'in' I'm just not going to worry. My neighbour body shop guy really wants warmer drier weather to work on the car. He has 2 or 3 classic cars in the shop ready to paint soon as the climate improves. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Neil.
Boy Neil that's some story. I would say that classifies as a bad day. Well it would've been nice for Casini but makes no sense to rush the paint job. It's suppose to stay rainy for the next week. Well I look forward to being greeted by the Official Rally Greeter with or without a new paint job. haha

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #320
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Neil, I can't remember any blemishes on your convertible worthy of you're worrying about. Relax, paint it next year.
I'm in the middle of a truck deal I don't want to jinx, a 2002 Dodge 2500 4X4 with Cummins. Paid to have the computer rebuilt before I got the truck, computer is back now for the second time...hope the electrician can find what caused the voltage blips before the computer goes back the third time.. That truck will pull the Silver Dragon with no worries. The Chevy truck sort of got older and needed a good electrician to find the little "faults" that it was getting.
Nice uplift to read this thread about Cassini and Jackson.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote