Old 04-01-2005, 05:05 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
We'll join Friday aft...

I'm off to biz mtg in Florida Sunday morning at Oh-dark-fifteen, but coming home early Weds to be sure and make Rally.. Got space assignment, menu assignment and filled the Suburban fuel tank ( ) Propane tanks full, waste tanks empty and we're getting excited as well...

May not have time to wash next round of yellow pollen off or wax it, but fridge will be working, and I'm giving up excitement of work Friday to leave before noon.. Hope to join you for sunset celebration with several hours to spare... I'll bring an extra tape measure for Ingrid, and her hubby can explore side shower in ours if he wants to practice twirling while raising his arms...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:41 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
A couple of places near Casini

I'm bummed to miss the rally, but thought of a couple of a place that might be of interest... If you cross the Golden Gate and cut over to the southern part of route 1 going along Tomales bay, going to or from Casini Ranch, you might make a point of stopping in Marshall for Hog Island oysters. These are the excellent ones you get in SF restaurants, and a fun to place to stop. You can get bunches to shuck yourself and picnic, or you can go down the road a piece to the store where they bbq 'em, among other things. Marshall is just a, well not even, a wide spot in the road, and a very cool slice of west Marin county. This might not be the most fun route for the larger trailers, but who knows.

The other place is Rivers End, at the north end of Jenner on Route 1. I've never eaten there, but have heard that it's pretty good. Looks like a great place for cocktails at sunset.

Have a great time!

Peter

Old 04-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member

2012 31' Classic
Visalia , California
Put us down for my wife's broccoli/cheese/rice casserole. I was finally able to pin her down on it. See you guys Friday.
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
Visalia, CA (between Fresno & Bakersfield)
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: http://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: http://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:51 PM   #116
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
To those who get there before me....

No laughing at me backing in!

Be forwarned that I'm terrible at it. You may be amused from afar....
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #117

Hope to see you there.

Hope to get it together and be there, I have been to the rally at calastoga..lots of fun as I find them all to be. I will be the 79 airstream I will have to call in at the last minute but its all familiar territory. My sister is in Rohnert Park. Hope to meet and say at least a hello. Happy Camping. jlmaggio
Old 04-02-2005, 10:49 PM   #118
Rivet Master

We really will miss the rally. Wanted to go but have another scheduled excursion planned for this weekend. We'll be thinking of you guys. Please take lost of pictures Big Dee.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #119
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Weather Forecast...

Here is the ten day forecast (let's hope that they are dependably wrong): http://www.weather.com/activities/ev...m=search_10day

At the worst scenario, it will be a mild and warm sprinkle on Friday. Right ? Hey! We can tough it out!

I'm trying to get our torn and rather stiff Zip Dee awning repaired before the rally. It looks as though we may need it.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:17 AM   #120
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
I'm sorry!!

I'm sorry I washed my car last weekend. It's my fault it's raining again.

Daughter has the 9 am game that morning and then I'm coming out to see you all, I informed husband, gently, with him or without him. He may not make it because of work, but I'll be there, kids in tow depending on the mood that day! I put pictures into a photo album to bring along.

See you there!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #121
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Three wrok days left for me. I can do this. Nice to see everyone excited. Steve Paulson on Ch 2 said some computer models show rain on Friday, some say no rain. It's going to be close. We will just have to find out for ourselves. Postitve thoughts everyone and no washing the car Ingrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMcG
May not have time to wash next round of yellow pollen off or wax it, but fridge will be working, and I'm giving up excitement of work Friday to leave before noon.. Hope to join you for sunset celebration with several hours to spare... I'll bring an extra tape measure for Ingrid, and her hubby can explore side shower in ours if he wants to practice twirling while raising his arms...
Mine really does need a washing, but haven't decided if I will take the time. If I drive thru Gilroy, there is a RV wash. But I really want to get there a soon as possible on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Tim
No laughing at me backing in!
Don't worry Tim, all the sites are PULL-THRU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globie64
Marshall is just a, well not even, a wide spot in the road, and a very cool slice of west Marin county. This might not be the most fun route for the larger trailers, but who knows.
The other place is Rivers End, at the north end of Jenner on Route 1
Marshall sounds great. Love BBQ oysters. River's End has a good chef/owner but service can be spotty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmaggio
Hope to get it together and be there, I have been to the rally at calastoga..lots of fun as I find them all to be. I will be the 79 airstream I will have to call in at the last minute but its all familiar territory. My sister is in Rohnert Park. Hope to meet and say at least a hello. Happy Camping. jlmaggio
Everybody- There will be plenty of sites for any last minute comers. So hope to see you and anybody else who wants to join us. If you can't come for the night, come for dinner on Saturday night. Look at the menu, there will be plenty of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel Loaf
We really will miss the rally. Wanted to go but have another scheduled excursion planned for this weekend. We'll be thinking of you guys. Please take lost of pictures Big Dee.
Will miss you Tinsel and all that couldn't make it from Laguna Seca. Everyone think about a weekend in October that will work. I bet the rally will grow big time. And where? Delta? Pismo? SLO?

See everyone soon!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #122
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
, California
2 Working daze left

Hey ya'll;
House taxes paid, house insurance paid, Lawns mowed, pool cleaned, Black t-bird washed and covered, plus the garden area is tilled and ready to plant NEXT week. Now i can dreamstream as my girl friday calls it, paying attention to airstreams and the weekend details. - Ray.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
...and then there are the rest of us!

Fatt Ratt....Filed the tax extension, dishes are still in the sink, clothes are not folded, lawn needs mowing and I'm crunched on my aching knees, on the kitchen floor, cutting and trying to stitch this Zip-Dee awning!

-Karin

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 04-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #124
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Just washed the trailer.

Thought about cycloing the bellypan but decided to do it later :-)
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #125
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Jeff and daughter are coming to the rally!! We might still bring the teenager, she has a soccer game at 9:30 a.m.

I'll bring something good...not just myself...is everybody willing to let us measure their trailer bathrooms, especially Tradewind owners? We won't "use" them, just trying to make some planning choices.

See you Saturday!!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:18 AM   #126
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Tradewinds Unite!

Ingid, Husband & surley teenager...you are more than welcome to view the innards of our '78 Tradewind.! You may have to hold your breath, but go right on ahead.

So glad you're all coming...I'm still trying to convince our three teenagers that this is the ultimate in "fun"! The 14 yr.old girl is training for soccer tryouts and may not be able to make it. 16 yr. old boy has a rowing meet in Stockton and the 19 yr. old will pass through on his way to surfing. They have a "life"! We have an Airstream!

Zip-Dee update: I've had to borrow my neighbors "mighty brute" sewing machine in order to sew through the parched & hardened awning material. This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would! We may have to rough it (meaning: no fancy trailer lights, strung with aesthetic abandon!).

Hours away....Karin

Sir Winston Churchill