Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #729
uwe
418
 
uwe's Avatar
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 1963 26' Overlander
Posts: 4,767
Images: 41
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
While I can't speak for the campground, I can definitely tell you that the area is spectacular. I went to Angel's camp recently to pick up a 1958 Flying Cloud that I bought, and it was a wonderful drive. Angel's camp has a very quaint historic downtown area.
__________________

__________________
Uwe
www.area63productions.com
uwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #730
Rivet Master
 
Big Dee's Avatar
 
2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,664
Images: 24
which weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiki
I called the Angels Camp prk. They will set aside group spaces and yes they do allow campfires. He said they would allow us to reserve and pay individually. So far they have weekends open in October. The park is located near but not on lake Melones. It is also within about a half hour of BigTrees state park, Murphys, Columbia State park, and many wineries. I can check the sites out later this week. They had an vintage Airstream motor home group last year.
Jim
wow good job jim! after your inspection passes muster, i say let's do angels camp. sounds fun and i love gold country.

now we need to pick a weekend. we should reserve ealy. we can do this without a poll. doorgunner, what weekend WON'T work for you? and everybody else? chime in.
__________________

__________________
"It's the journey."

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #731
INSANITY CENTRAL
 
doorgunner's Avatar
 
1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,105
Images: 35
well you know how I like the full moon when camping!! That would be the 14th. Columbus weekend is 10, 11, 12, 13, That may mean a few extra daze for some folks, Any weekend will work though! Lets get with it!!
LL and I checked out Brannan Island today. It is a place for a mini rally, only 10 hookups with NO sewer. Dump station at park. I liked the place big sites in the 2 main dry camping area's.
I don't need no stinking badge or hookups. ;<)
__________________


www.popasmoke.com




Proud Appellation American





Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #732
Rivet Master
 
codybear's Avatar
 
1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,562
Images: 315
Blog Entries: 2
Angels Camp is rich in history alright: Steve's org. is always having events in the Gold Country area: there's sites to visit: Columbia State Park Mueum: Murphys, home of the Ironstone Winery w/one of the world's largest gold nugget displayed) Calveras, home of the Annual Frog Jumping Contest; Railtown;Tuttlettown, where Mark Twain's cabin is located on "Jackass Hill" Road; and Old Town Sonora
__________________
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #733
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
OK, OK, OK, You are all welcome. I finally did something right . Googling 'full hookup camping, ca.' worked. Remember that you all. Lynn says any October weekend is great for us. Now, what will we do without the tarantulas. If we go the weekend of the full moon......WOOOOOO? Owls? Werewolves? Moonlight serenades..........?
Neil
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #734
4 Rivet Member
 
Luminati's Avatar
 
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 333
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir
OK, OK, OK, You are all welcome. I finally did something right . Googling 'full hookup camping, ca.' worked. Remember that you all. Lynn says any October weekend is great for us. Now, what will we do without the tarantulas. If we go the weekend of the full moon......WOOOOOO? Owls? Werewolves? Moonlight serenades..........?
Neil

I like the Angels Camp idea...but, have also found a beautiful site on:RV Camping - Fernwood Big Sur California

..near or in Big Sur, CA. Now, I haven't read if they have all the amenities that we require, but I just want to fully explore the options.
Anyone know of this pace?
Karin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camp-rv.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	58720   Click image for larger version

Name:	camp-rv3.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	58721  

__________________
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...29778407104915

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #735
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati
I like the Angels Camp idea...but, have also found a beautiful site on:RV Camping - Fernwood Big Sur California

..near or in Big Sur, CA. Now, I haven't read if they have all the amenities that we require, but I just want to fully explore the options.
Anyone know of this pace?
Karin
The owls there are spotted.
Neil.
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #736
4 Rivet Member
 
Luminati's Avatar
 
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 333
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir
The owls there are spotted.
Neil.
...and spotted owls are...bad??? Good? Heads turn around like Linda Blair in the Exorcist???
Attached Images
 
__________________
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...29778407104915

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #737
Tin Tippster
 
Sue Tipp's Avatar
 
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1970 18' Caravel
1963 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
St. Helena , California
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 75
I must chime in and say a HUGE thank you for you all welcoming the Alumalounge at Cassini. Doorgunner(Al Pacino) was so awesome actually "rewiring" my trailer!!! Totally FREE gin and tonics for life! and Linda Lu (Nancy) my new friend along with all the great peeps at this ralley! Jeff thanks for helping with the job u 2 have free drinks in the lounge for hanging in with AL Pacino aka DG! Scott and Cyle you guys are great...I need sources. Hope Ginny you are better and Karen and Mark we are meeting up at the beach soon! Sooooo many wonderful people I hope I get more involved next time at the camp fire. I must stop drinking my mistakes at the lounge!!! I love the Angels Camp site and will try for Lava Beds too! You are all so great to hang with. See you soon after I change my shorted wires out. Again DG you are awesome! Tieman you really had us going Sat nite. B who u are friend!!! Dan again thanks for hosting and Michael my new Napa Valley Friend, sorry in advancefor all the nick names!!! Saw the Trailer Park
Trobadours Sat night in
Benicia and thought of u all!!! C ya at the rallys wherever they are!
take care
Sue "Tin tippster"
__________________
Tin Tippster
Sue Tipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #738
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati
...and spotted owls are...bad??? Good? Heads turn around like Linda Blair in the Exorcist???
Linda, is spotted also!?

Neil.
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #739
Rivet Master
 
FreshAir's Avatar

 
1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,327
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Tipp
I must chime in and say a HUGE thank you for you all welcoming the Alumalounge at Cassini. Doorgunner(Al Pacino) was so awesome actually "rewiring" my trailer!!! Totally FREE gin and tonics for life! and Linda Lu (Nancy) my new friend along with all the great peeps at this ralley! Jeff thanks for helping with the job u 2 have free drinks in the lounge for hanging in with AL Pacino aka DG! Scott and Cyle you guys are great...I need sources. Hope Ginny you are better and Karen and Mark we are meeting up at the beach soon! Sooooo many wonderful people I hope I get more involved next time at the camp fire. I must stop drinking my mistakes at the lounge!!! I love the Angels Camp site and will try for Lava Beds too! You are all so great to hang with. See you soon after I change my shorted wires out. Again DG you are awesome! Tieman you really had us going Sat nite. B who u are friend!!! Dan again thanks for hosting and Michael my new Napa Valley Friend, sorry in advancefor all the nick names!!! Saw the Trailer Park
Trobadours Sat night in
Benicia and thought of u all!!! C ya at the rallys wherever they are!
take care
Sue "Tin tippster"
Yes, Sue, your Alumalounge is great. I guess our son-in-law didn't get to see it. He is an architect and likes the Airstreams. But that day at Casini he was 'busy' heading off a potty crisis with our grandson.
__________________
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Avatar;
Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #740
4 Rivet Member
 
Luminati's Avatar
 
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 333
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Tipp
I must chime in and say a HUGE thank you for you all welcoming the Alumalounge at Cassini. Doorgunner(Al Pacino) was so awesome actually "rewiring" my trailer!!! Totally FREE gin and tonics for life! and Linda Lu (Nancy) my new friend along with all the great peeps at this ralley! Jeff thanks for helping with the job u 2 have free drinks in the lounge for hanging in with AL Pacino aka DG! Scott and Cyle you guys are great...I need sources. Hope Ginny you are better and Karen and Mark we are meeting up at the beach soon! Sooooo many wonderful people I hope I get more involved next time at the camp fire. I must stop drinking my mistakes at the lounge!!! I love the Angels Camp site and will try for Lava Beds too! You are all so great to hang with. See you soon after I change my shorted wires out. Again DG you are awesome! Tieman you really had us going Sat nite. B who u are friend!!! Dan again thanks for hosting and Michael my new Napa Valley Friend, sorry in advancefor all the nick names!!! Saw the Trailer Park
Trobadours Sat night in
Benicia and thought of u all!!! C ya at the rallys wherever they are!
take care
Sue "Tin tippster"

Sue! Your AlumaLounge is one to beat all! What a fantastic find! It suits you- every inch.

Mark and I want to head out to Lawson's Landing (Bodega Bay) soon after school let's out (mid-June). It'll be iffy because the Summer weather (FOG) is always precarious, however we can circle the wagons and have a great time regardless. We'll let you know as the time nears and you can get your "homies" i.e. Cam, Stan , Michael, etc. to come to the Dunes and boondock for a night or two.

Karin
__________________
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...29778407104915

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 PM   #741
4 Rivet Member
 
Luminati's Avatar
 
1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 333
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati
Sue! Your AlumaLounge is one to beat all! What a fantastic find! It suits you- every inch.

Mark and I want to head out to Lawson's Landing (Bodega Bay) soon after school let's out (mid-June). It'll be iffy because the Summer weather (FOG) is always precarious, however we can circle the wagons and have a great time regardless. We'll let you know as the time nears and you can get your "homies" i.e. Cam, Stan , Michael, etc. to come to the Dunes and boondock for a night or two.

Karin

And anyone else that wants to join us of course!
Take N101 to Washington Ave.(Petaluma), out until it turns into Bodega Ave. Hang a left at the Coast Guard Station until the end, then turn right towards Tomales and then left in town (Stop at the Tomales Bakery for the best French Cinnamon twists this side of Paris) and you're almost there at Lawson's Landing. You will, of course, be sharing space with contented California cows, but that's half the fun!

A full moon makes it "extry" special, so we'll keep that in mind for the plannin'.
__________________
Mark, Karin and The Mighty Quinn https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-M...29778407104915

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #742
Rivet Master
 
janetb's Avatar

 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 907
Fernwood is in our favorite part of the world, but it is a bit cozy for a rally, under a beautiful--but damp and shady--redwood canopy. We did a drive-though last year and decided we couldn't get our 25' Safari in there very easily. Sites are more suitable for tents and pop-ups.
Pfieffer Big Sur just down the way is a super campground, but getting enough sites for a rally would be a challenge. It's incredibly popular for good reason, and sites are at a premium.
Other campgrounds we like in the area are further down the coast, and defeat the purpose of keeping the rally close to home.
Dang gas prices.
Angels Camp is sounding promising if the sites aren't in a big parking lot. Looking forward to Scout Jim's report!
__________________

__________________
Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorCal : NorCal Rally, April 27-29, Casini Ranch Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 1708 05-28-2007 03:02 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally, April 28-30, Casini Ranch Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 122 05-11-2006 07:11 PM
NorCal : NorCal Rally- Casini Ranch, April 8-10 Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 154 04-18-2005 03:28 PM
Photos from the St. Patricks Day Rally @ Desert Star Ranch Andy R Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 4 03-22-2005 12:07 AM
NorCal : Next NorCal Rally- Where? Big Dee Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 37 12-15-2004 08:37 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.