Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #323
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
tres bien! Sonar crackers, washed down with "mosquito stingers"? But, there are some truly evil alternatives, I'm sure...

Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #324
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
We're newbies to the whole Airstream enchilada. Our 2002 19' Bambi has been sitting in mothballs since we bought it last October. Now I see there's an A/S rally in NorCal which would be great for us, as we live in Ashland, Oregon. BUT. Our eldest daughter is due to deliver our first grandchild in the beginning of April. We are deeee-lighted but wish we could start out in the world of A/S at a rally, where some kind folks might not mind helping us figure out what the HECK we're doing.

So, when's the next one in NorCal, Oregon, or other points west?

Old 02-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #325
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Waters
We're newbies to the whole Airstream enchilada. Our 2002 19' Bambi has been sitting in mothballs since we bought it last October. Now I see there's an A/S rally in NorCal which would be great for us, as we live in Ashland, Oregon. BUT. Our eldest daughter is due to deliver our first grandchild in the beginning of April. We are deeee-lighted but wish we could start out in the world of A/S at a rally, where some kind folks might not mind helping us figure out what the HECK we're doing.

So, when's the next one in NorCal, Oregon, or other points west?
Boy, we sure hope you can make it. The aluminum that flows in our viens (mixed with the reds and whites....and I don't mean the wines) is what gives us the desires to assist one another. THIS goup for sure will "figure out what the heck you're doing," and have a lot of fun at the same time. However, the birth of your first grand child is SPECIAL and YOU will want and need to be there. Lynn and I have 2 of them and they are planing along with their parents to be at this rally. The next Rally is now being organized at Lava Beds Nat. Monument i August. That will be a lot closer to you. I see that you have found that thread.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #326
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Hello, Neil, yes I did find the Lava Beds thread. Hopefully by the time we find our way there we'll have sufficient knowledge about how the black water tank works that we won't lose any new friends.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #327
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Waters
Hello, Neil, yes I did find the Lava Beds thread. Hopefully by the time we find our way there we'll have sufficient knowledge about how the black water tank works that we won't lose any new friends.
there is NO better way to learn about your bambi than an airstream rally. matter of fact, all we really do all weekend is discuss aluminum in various forms. and its sooo much fun. join us when you can.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #328
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Muddy Waters; Anything in this forum that can answer your question(s) on black tanks?
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444/
If not just pose your question(s) with a new thread in that thread.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #329
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Thanks for all your support. I like the A/S crowd so far. It seems like there will be bat-talions of them showing up on April 10.

On SOB RV forum, I asked what 'full hookups' meant. My question was along the lines of does it make the black tank function like a regular, friendly neighborhood toilet. Well, some responses were pretty sarcastic. One asshat told me that when we go to sleep, little elves come in and clean out the tank. They do it every night but only when we're asleep. Dipwad.

So that forum has since been denied my company.

If grandson does make a timely appearance we could make it to this rally but would have to hope there are sites left if we make last-minute plans. I'd love to come. My DH is a Brit with a strange sense of humor. He'd fit right in.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #330
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
Hey MW, you won't be alone, learning on the fly about the systems in your trailer... those "what does THIS thing do?" experiences can make for good storytelling later!

Peter
Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #331
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Thanks, Globie. I really did have this fantasy that 'full hook ups' meant the black tank turns into a magical potty which, when flushed, cleans itself out.

I should know there's no such thing as an A/S Tidy Bowl Man but I can dream.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #332
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
MW, don't feel bad. I bought the Globetrotter totally without a clue as to any of the inner workings of the thing. I'm still not sure about the tanks.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #333
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
There is always room!

OK, this is an invitation to all of you Airstreamer's out there who are on the verge of thinking about coming to the Casini Rally... just come! We will welcome you, or, if you want, we will leave you alone. We aren't judgemental re: if you know jack about your black water tank or if half of your trailer is un-polished...basically we just want a bunch of hot Airstream trailers to gather for a Springtime, blow-out par-tay!

Like Big Dee said, there is always room! There are so many places to park your rig. The dump site is only a few feet away even if you don't have full hook-ups.

The guys can talk all day long about the mechanics and the rest of us may just enjoy the river, flora and fauna!

This spectacular ranch is located on one of the most pristine pieces of land in California! Fresh river water, trees, birds, fish and I might add, a few bats, will make this weekend a memory to behold forever! Bring your lawn chairs, bikes and fishing rods. A twenty-minute excursion to where the mouth of the Russin River empties in the Pacific Ocean will bring a blissful smile to the most grouchy soul!

Let's do this!

Karin
Attached Images

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:39 PM   #334
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globie64
MW, don't feel bad. I bought the Globetrotter totally without a clue as to any of the inner workings of the thing. I'm still not sure about the tanks.
Oh good! We bought "Sweetpea" and had no idea about the systems and took her to Burning Man two weeks later.

We'll have lots of questions like, "How do we get the white paint off the roof the POs slathered on?" and "How do we attach the new porch light assembly that we bought with these short little screws that came in the box?"

We wish we had a video clip of us when we pulled into our first dump station!

See you in a few months!

Gemma and Murray
Old 02-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #335
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Hey - did you camp at Burnstream Court or someplace else? I laughed at your dump station thing - I wish I had a video of every time we dump. I always have this fear that SOMETHING bad is going to happen like the movie RV....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhottys
Oh good! We bought "Sweetpea" and had no idea about the systems and took her to Burning Man two weeks later.

We'll have lots of questions like, "How do we get the white paint off the roof the POs slathered on?" and "How do we attach the new porch light assembly that we bought with these short little screws that came in the box?"

We wish we had a video clip of us when we pulled into our first dump station!

See you in a few months!

Gemma and Murray
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #336
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Just came across this piece about bats dying off by the thousands - sort of like the Colony Collapse syndrome which is killing bees...
Mystery Disease Strikes Northeastern Bats, "White Nose Syndrome" Is Killing Thousands Of Bats In New York And Vermont - CBS News

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote