Old 03-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Smile Good to see you back Big Dee

Big Dee, good to see that your doing ok. It hasn't been the same around here, while you have been gone. We'll catch up on some good ole times soon. Getting ready to get the trailer out of hibernation, which doesn't take much doing. We have been very fortunate, that we have had to only replace the electrical heating element in our frig. in the past 4 years, and I replaced it with a used one. Talk about cheap to maintain! See ya soon, Jeff

Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Jeff,

Our trip down to Big Sur last week was posponed because of weather concerns, but regardless of the weather we are definitely heading to Pfeiffer Big Sur SP this Thursday and will stay through Monday late morning. I haven't forgotten of your suggestion to stay in the Monterey city park, which we might try on another trip south. I noticed that that park isn't included in Tom Stienstra's "West Coast RV Camping" compendium.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion" (coming soon)
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Mike, the City campground at Vetrans Park, is a location that is not very well known. Even the visitor center next door to my office, forgets its there. Feel free to stop by my office on your way back from Big Sur. I'm located in the heart of Monterey, and easy to find, you can map quest: 353 Camino El Estero, Monterey, to see just how easy it is to get to. Wish I had the time this month to head to Big Sur with you, the off season is fantastic. Jeff
Old 03-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Wish we were there..

Just to reitereate, some of us that loved rallies in Laguna Seca, Cassini Ranch, Pismo etc are "conflicted" that weekend, or we'd sure as heck be there!! I even considered flying back from San Diego early Saturday evening and trying to get to Russian River by midnight, but it just isn't going to happen.. I'm planning to add Lake San Antonio, and any other rallies to calendar quick so work-related activities don't interfere...

Sorry to hear work so busy Dan... Keep the faith!

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
Just to reitereate, some of us that loved rallies in Laguna Seca, Cassini Ranch, Pismo etc are "conflicted" that weekend, or we'd sure as heck be there!! I even considered flying back from San Diego early Saturday evening and trying to get to Russian River by midnight, but it just isn't going to happen.. I'm planning to add Lake San Antonio, and any other rallies to calendar quick so work-related activities don't interfere...

Sorry to hear work so busy Dan... Keep the faith!

John McG
Hey John,

Yeah there are a number of old ralliers that couldn't make this weekend. Leave the weekends in April free for now on everyone. hahaha. April is for the rally. I can't wait to get out. I have Spring Break just before so will be camping then too. Just can't wait for April.

And I haven't been gone everyone. I am just busy but it's been the best year ever! I am having so much fun in high school. There is so much going on it's amazing. But I need a break so just can't wait to happy hour at Casini. Cam, have those good drinks ready, will ya?

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
The new acrylic Crate and Barrel glasses are polished and ready to go. I'm planning on taking the day off work and coming in early on Friday.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Cam, include me in a round of drinks as well will ya! I plan on working a half day friday, putting us there around happy hour. Big Dee, have you thought about getting our list started, for the saturday nite potluck? I'm gettin' hungry!
Jeff
Old 03-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I too am taking off Friday. I hope to leave around 10:00 am and arrive around 1:00 pm. Can't wait to try out your new Crate and Barrel glasses, Cam. That drink you made me in Placerville sure packed a punch. I want one of those again. Yes!

Ok, Jeff lets start the potluck list just to build the excitement. I'll do tri-tips again. It's always a crowd pleaser and can feed an army. So what is evryone else going to bring?

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung
6) hit'the'road
7) Luminati

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes
mugbob
ironfem200

Potluck List
Big Dee.........................Tri-Tips

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Need a Margarita Ball?

Dan-

Though we won't be there, Dianne did get her Margarita Ball and Pump for Christmas, (thanks to Ron and Debbie for source..) and we won't be using it that weekend...

If you need it for very-happy hour, let us know!

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Big Dee, you can add enchilada casserole to the pot luck list, and a few yummy fruit pies.
Jeff
l

Old 03-25-2006, 06:10 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
I'll bring the comfort food potato casserole again. It seemed like a crowd pleaser last time.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:24 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Happy Owners!

Mike and Rosemary, Thank you for stopping by Monterey on your return trip from Big Sur. It was great to meet you both, and thanks for the quick tour of your trailer. For those of you that haven't stepped inside a 25 FB LS, your in for a treat! Quite amazed for how roomy it is, with tons of storage. See you soon at Casini in a few weeks. Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Owners.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	19878  
Old 03-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Jeff,

Chelsea and Marley enjoy seeing themselves on-line. You must have posted this just minutes after we left Monterey.

The trip back was quite slow because we caught the rush hour from San Jose all the way to Benicia. Nonetheless, we averaged 13.2 mpg using the Tow/Haul setting. The trip down to Big Sur only produced an average of 12.2 mpg with only occasional use of Tow/Haul. I was very surprised and now will always use that setting. It seems to be smart enough to retard the engine on the downgrades which is real plus.

Glad we had a chance to meet. I'm looking forward to the rally next month and to meet other members of the Airstream family. Ours is just a baby.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion" (coming soon)
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #70
Tin Tippster

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1970 18' Caravel
1963 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
St. Helena , California
Hi Big Dee,
I just joined the forum and am a friend of Cam's. I joined you all for a night last year at Cassini with Cam...and would love to bring my 57 Trotwood to visit all of you for the weekend. I am looking at an old airstream project trailer so I am hoping to get some great ideas. Any room for something different?
thanks
Sue