Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2006, 08:21 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
Just to reitereate, some of us that loved rallies in Laguna Seca, Cassini Ranch, Pismo etc are "conflicted" that weekend, or we'd sure as heck be there!! I even considered flying back from San Diego early Saturday evening and trying to get to Russian River by midnight, but it just isn't going to happen.. I'm planning to add Lake San Antonio, and any other rallies to calendar quick so work-related activities don't interfere...

Sorry to hear work so busy Dan... Keep the faith!

John McG
Hey John,

Yeah there are a number of old ralliers that couldn't make this weekend. Leave the weekends in April free for now on everyone. hahaha. April is for the rally. I can't wait to get out. I have Spring Break just before so will be camping then too. Just can't wait for April.

And I haven't been gone everyone. I am just busy but it's been the best year ever! I am having so much fun in high school. There is so much going on it's amazing. But I need a break so just can't wait to happy hour at Casini. Cam, have those good drinks ready, will ya?

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
The new acrylic Crate and Barrel glasses are polished and ready to go. I'm planning on taking the day off work and coming in early on Friday.
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Cam, include me in a round of drinks as well will ya! I plan on working a half day friday, putting us there around happy hour. Big Dee, have you thought about getting our list started, for the saturday nite potluck? I'm gettin' hungry!
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I too am taking off Friday. I hope to leave around 10:00 am and arrive around 1:00 pm. Can't wait to try out your new Crate and Barrel glasses, Cam. That drink you made me in Placerville sure packed a punch. I want one of those again. Yes!

Ok, Jeff lets start the potluck list just to build the excitement. I'll do tri-tips again. It's always a crowd pleaser and can feed an army. So what is evryone else going to bring?

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung
6) hit'the'road
7) Luminati

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes
mugbob
ironfem200

Potluck List
Big Dee.........................Tri-Tips

Come rally with us.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Need a Margarita Ball?

Dan-

Though we won't be there, Dianne did get her Margarita Ball and Pump for Christmas, (thanks to Ron and Debbie for source..) and we won't be using it that weekend...

If you need it for very-happy hour, let us know!

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:11 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Big Dee, you can add enchilada casserole to the pot luck list, and a few yummy fruit pies.
Jeff
l

Old 03-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member

Pope Valley , California
I'll bring the comfort food potato casserole again. It seemed like a crowd pleaser last time.
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Happy Owners!

Mike and Rosemary, Thank you for stopping by Monterey on your return trip from Big Sur. It was great to meet you both, and thanks for the quick tour of your trailer. For those of you that haven't stepped inside a 25 FB LS, your in for a treat! Quite amazed for how roomy it is, with tons of storage. See you soon at Casini in a few weeks. Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Owners.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	19878  
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Jeff,

Chelsea and Marley enjoy seeing themselves on-line. You must have posted this just minutes after we left Monterey.

The trip back was quite slow because we caught the rush hour from San Jose all the way to Benicia. Nonetheless, we averaged 13.2 mpg using the Tow/Haul setting. The trip down to Big Sur only produced an average of 12.2 mpg with only occasional use of Tow/Haul. I was very surprised and now will always use that setting. It seems to be smart enough to retard the engine on the downgrades which is real plus.

Glad we had a chance to meet. I'm looking forward to the rally next month and to meet other members of the Airstream family. Ours is just a baby.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #70
Tin Tippster

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1970 18' Caravel
1963 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
St. Helena , California
Hi Big Dee,
I just joined the forum and am a friend of Cam's. I joined you all for a night last year at Cassini with Cam...and would love to bring my 57 Trotwood to visit all of you for the weekend. I am looking at an old airstream project trailer so I am hoping to get some great ideas. Any room for something different?
thanks
Sue
Sue Tipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #71
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
My food item will be a Tuscan salad with tuna, canellini beans, red onion, capers, and cherry tomatoes all over a bed of arugula topped with a simple dressing of olive oil and red wine vinegar.

Speaking of wine, it will probably be Two Buck Chuck from our extensive wine cellar.

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 03-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Now Up to Eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Tipp
Any room for something different?
thanks
Sue
Hi Sue- There is plenty of room for you. Glad to hear you can come with your trailer. Great to see a new trailer join us. As you know, Casini is so nice!

Mike- Glad to see your Big Sur weekend went well. I like that pic that Jeff took. Can't wait for my tour of your 25'FB. Looks like a nice floorplan. And your description of your Tuscan Salad sounds awesome. Can't wait for that dinner. They are always so good.

I am going to call Casini in about a week to release the extra sites and see if I can get mugbob and ironfem200 into our rally spots. If there is anyone out there who was considering attending the rally, let me know so I can save a space. Looks to be a small but sweet rally.

And everyone, start thinking about what weekend in October for our rally at Lake San Antonio. I was looking at the third weekend in October. Lake San Antonio is located in southern Monterey county in the beautiful golden hill and oak country. Lots of wineries in the area and great hiking/biking trails. It will be fun!

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung
6) hit'the'road
7) Luminati
8) Sue Tipp

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes
mugbob
ironfem200

Potluck List
Coastalview....................Enchilada Casserole
Hit'the'road....................Patato Cassrole
myoung.........................Tuscan Salad

Come rally with us.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:06 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
Though we won't be there, Dianne did get her Margarita Ball and Pump for Christmas, (thanks to Ron and Debbie for source..) and we won't be using it that weekend...
If you need it for very-happy hour, let us know!
John,

Thanks for the offer of the Margarita Ball but Cam is going to make me one of his special tropical drinks. One or two of those is definitely enough for a fun evening. I do look forward to using the margarita ball at the rally at Lake San Antonio. You two better make that one. It will not be the same at Casini without you two.

Come rally with us.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
now we are getting close...

I am getting excited! I am soooo ready to get camping. Its been a long time since Pismo! I am taking my trailer over to Santa Cruz KOA for Spring Break starting in a week. Can't wait. Then over to the Russian River. It's going to be a great April!

And I know that soon the rain will end and that it will be spectacular weather for the rally. I am glad we didn't have the rally any ealier this year. It's going to be so green and beautiful on the Russian River. Can't wait to be relaxing with a happy hour drink and my rally friends and watching the eagles fly over head.

Come rally with us.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #75
1 Rivet Member

A Year Later

Hi Everyone. We are moldy and looking for sun. We still remember the fun we had last year at the casini run. We have that week off but our son is moving so we may be busy. If we get a chance we will stop by to say hi. Our baby looking for some air. Have Fun and watch out for the Geo Cashers.Tom&yvonne
T&Y Rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #76
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Pairs of animals may not be necessary!!!

Yeah. Hope they are right. I just read a report from the weather service saying that the next bit of rain due Sunday may be the last for the season. I haven't heard any reports of trouble along the Russian River despite the exceptional and record rainfall we've been having here in Marin. Casini should be dry and beautiful when we arrive.

I'm pumped. I plan on arriving with Chelsea and Marley on Thursday.

How much rain? Well, we have a little decorative pond in our backyard. We drained it two months ago to give it an annual cleaning. It's about 2 1/2 feet deep. In this bout of rain, we have drained it twice more!!! That can't really be 5 feet of rain. Some must come from the yard surrounding the pond and the waterfall area. Nonetheless, it's a bunch.

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 04-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #77
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
hello all,

i know this is short notice, however if you have space for another trailer i'd like to attend. would be driving from simi valley, arriving thursday, departing sunday. sounds like you guys know how to have fun.
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Glad You Can Make It, Kevbo10 & dr. dan

Hey Kevbo10- Great timing as I am just going to call Casini with the final number of sites needed. Glad you can make it. It will be fun I guarantee it! It's really beautiful on the Russian River. Now if the sun will just start shinning we will be all set. We all are I think a little water logged at this point. A nice sunny weekend would do nice huh Mike?

Tom and Yvonne- Hope u can drop by. I was hoping you would chime in. Our first rally at Casini was so magical. Great memories for sure. Maybe you can make dinner on Saturday nite? That would be great!

and Welcome to dr. dan who I see has sign up on the rally calendar. Awesome!

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung
6) hit'the'road
7) Luminati
8) Sue Tipp
9) Kevbo10
10) dr. dan

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes
mugbob
ironfem200

Potluck List
Coastalview....................Enchilada Casserole
Hit'the'road....................Patato Cassrole
myoung.........................Tuscan Salad

Come rally with us.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #79
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
san lorenzo , California
Pot Luck

BIG DEE,

my wife debbie and i are looking forward to casini's and would like to offer up a desert. if we need to bring anything else, let us know. we will see you all in a couple of weeks.

dr. dan & debbie
dr. dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
We're getting ready here too. I'll have to dig deep into the firewood pile, to find any dry wood this time. There are some other Nor-Cal ralliers from rallies prior that have mentioned that if there schedules will allow, they could be showing up Big Dee. I don't think there will be a shortage of spaces in the full hookup spaces, and I hope they make it too. See everyone soon, Jeff