Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
sans husband

Hi there,

My husband will be in Washington at his son's wedding on the weekend of the rally, but I'm coming, if only for the day. I might stay overnight in a nearby hotel or something. Definitely bringing cameras for bathroom pictures and layout and I'll have tank, water heater, furnace, battery placement questions. Mostly "can I look inside yours again?"

Who's coming geocaching with me?
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:16 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminati
So what I'm trying to say is, that we would like to join you at the rally, pending the outcome of our remodel. Last year was great and hopefully we won't have too much rain. RAIN! I didn't really say that, did I?
Karin- Glad to hear you will be there. Just get to work on that remodel. Everyone will be curious to see what you have done. I've been impressed at what I've seen of rallier's remodels, especially Uwe's. Also looking forward to a DRY April and spectacular sunny days on the Russian River (fingers crossed)!

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung
6) hit'the'road
7) Luminati

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Exclamation Map to Casini Ranch

Double click map to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Directions.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	18701  

Come rally with us.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:55 AM   #44

Currently Looking...
Roseville , California
Searching For Northern California Trailer Rallies

Hello!

Anyone know of a good resource for finding trailer rallies in the Northern California area, that's open to any make of trailer? I am restoring two vintage trailers ('57 Cardinal and '60 Shasta) and have visited all the usual websites (Yahoo, Maxitear, Tinned Canned Tourists, etc) and haven't found any rallies open to other makes. Seems there is alot of activity in Southern California but not here in the great North? I have such enthusiasm for the vintage trailer hobby, and am frustrated not to find other enthusiasts in my area. Any help would be appreciated! Margaret and Steve in Roseville, CA
mugbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugbob
Anyone know of a good resource for finding trailer rallies in the Northern California area, that's open to any make of trailer? I am restoring two vintage trailers ('57 Cardinal and '60 Shasta) and have visited all the usual websites (Yahoo, Maxitear, Tinned Canned Tourists, etc) and haven't found any rallies open to other makes. Seems there is alot of activity in Southern California but not here in the great North? I have such enthusiasm for the vintage trailer hobby, and am frustrated not to find other enthusiasts in my area. Any help would be appreciated! Margaret and Steve in Roseville, CA
Margaret and Steve- You are very welcome to join us at Casini. More of the trailers are vintage then new at the NorCal rallies. Come join us. This is a forum rally which means we don't follow all those stupid rules they have at other group rallies. So join us if you would like.

There is a vintage trailer group open to all vintage trailers that rallies every spring in Northern Cali. I think last year they rallied in Napa. I will search for their website and post it for you. I have seen it before. They are proally exactly what you are looking for. But join us too because it's all fun.

Come rally with us.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugbob
The vintage rally is called "The Silver Trailer Social" and it's open to any vintage trailer that's aluminum. Don't know if yours are aluminum or not. They usally rally around Napa/Calistoga. Here is a pic page of the rally. http://tompatterson.com/Trailers/Silver/Silver.html

Come rally with us.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #47

Currently Looking...
Roseville , California
Many Thanks For The Information

Thanks for the info and the kind invite. We are planning to be at Casini Ranch the end of April, and I've booked a space for my sis also, who owns a '55 Airstream.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Margaret & Steve, Welcome to the forums, and its great you will be at Casini Ranch. Be sure to add yourselves to the rally attendees list located here; http://www.airforums.com/forum...=2006-4-28&c=1
See you there, Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Welcome Mugbob!

This will be quite exciting to see your a 1955 Airstream!

Glad you can join us.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

You Go, Mugbob!

You bet I'll be looking for my little sister and her Cardinal at Cassini Ranch in April to shake out the winter doldrums! My 55' Looosy will be showing off her new bright yellow Marmoleum floor and new birch cabinets for all to inspect. Mugbob's little Cardinal is something else as well, with its killer western motif. I'm all about having non-ASs attend so we can all learn something new. Everyone come by and sign the guestbook!

See you there!

Ironfem200
ironfem200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:56 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thumbs up All Right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfem200
You bet I'll be looking for my little sister and her Cardinal at Cassini Ranch in April to shake out the winter doldrums! My 55' Looosy will be showing off her new bright yellow Marmoleum floor and new birch cabinets for all to inspect. Mugbob's little Cardinal is something else as well, with its killer western motif. I'm all about having non-ASs attend so we can all learn something new. Everyone come by and sign the guestbook!

See you there!
That's great! Can't wait to meet you guys and take a tour of those beautiful vintage rigs. Sounds like some great restoration jobs.

Did you guys get the full hook up sites? That's were we will be and it would be nice if you were with us. I could ask Casini to make sure we are together if you would like. Gina runs the office and is the nicest person in the world. Anyway, I will add you two to the rally list.

Still plenty of room for whoever would like to join us. We ALWAYS have a fantastic time so rally with us.

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung
6) hit'the'road
7) Luminati

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes
mugbob
ironfem200

Come rally with us.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #52

Currently Looking...
Roseville , California
All Right!

We have reserved spaces F7 and F8, which are across from your group. We only need electric and water, as we don't have sewer hookups. I thought I'd let someone who needed the full hookups have those spaces. If all 20 spaces don't fill up, perhaps we could move our reservations over? When the weather warms up a bit, you most likely will have more people anxious to sign up!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Our sites??

Big Dee,

I suppose it would be best if we could all park side-by-side. Could you please tell us what sites we will be using and whether you'd like us to use a particular one? I ask because I plan on arriving on Thursday a day early to do some photography nearby.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #54
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Where's Big Dee?

I've only been in the Forum for 6 months, but have come to expect lots of good chatter from Big Dee. Where are ye, Big Dee?

Hope this note also serves as a reminder to other Forum members who might join us at Casini Ranch. Ya'll come.

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 03-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
I've only been in the Forum for 6 months, but have come to expect lots of good chatter from Big Dee. Where are ye, Big Dee?

Hope this note also serves as a reminder to other Forum members who might join us at Casini Ranch. Ya'll come.
Hey Mike,

Yeah I changed jobs this year and all of a sudden I have no free time whatsoever. Especially to be lurking around here. Also seems there isn't any good discussions going on. Just the same old same old. Like the WBCCI threads that go on and on and on or those stupid sticker threads. But my email tells me whenever there is a post to this very important thread. Seems like there are a lot of NorCal Ralliers that are not on the boards these days. This rally looks to be a small one as we have had many no responses from old ralliers.

But doesn't matter cause I need to get out camping and Casini is so sweet. And I can't wait to meet you Mike and be with my favorite NorCal Ralliers. It will be so great to get out again. Haven't been camping since Pismo and that is a crime.

I'll get the site numbers so you can get into one when you arrive early. Hard to believe it's almost April!

Come rally with us.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #56
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Hey Dan,

Glad you're still alive and well. I was wondering too, where your cheerful voice was.

Can hardly wait for the rally. My friend Sue, who visited with us the last time we were at Casini is going to be coming along. She has a vintage Trotwood trailer. She's still hoping to get an Airstream. She should be signing up soon.

Where are all the regulars?
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:01 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Smile Good to see you back Big Dee

Big Dee, good to see that your doing ok. It hasn't been the same around here, while you have been gone. We'll catch up on some good ole times soon. Getting ready to get the trailer out of hibernation, which doesn't take much doing. We have been very fortunate, that we have had to only replace the electrical heating element in our frig. in the past 4 years, and I replaced it with a used one. Talk about cheap to maintain! See ya soon, Jeff
Old 03-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Jeff,

Our trip down to Big Sur last week was posponed because of weather concerns, but regardless of the weather we are definitely heading to Pfeiffer Big Sur SP this Thursday and will stay through Monday late morning. I haven't forgotten of your suggestion to stay in the Monterey city park, which we might try on another trip south. I noticed that that park isn't included in Tom Stienstra's "West Coast RV Camping" compendium.

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Mike, the City campground at Vetrans Park, is a location that is not very well known. Even the visitor center next door to my office, forgets its there. Feel free to stop by my office on your way back from Big Sur. I'm located in the heart of Monterey, and easy to find, you can map quest: 353 Camino El Estero, Monterey, to see just how easy it is to get to. Wish I had the time this month to head to Big Sur with you, the off season is fantastic. Jeff
Old 03-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Wish we were there..

Just to reitereate, some of us that loved rallies in Laguna Seca, Cassini Ranch, Pismo etc are "conflicted" that weekend, or we'd sure as heck be there!! I even considered flying back from San Diego early Saturday evening and trying to get to Russian River by midnight, but it just isn't going to happen.. I'm planning to add Lake San Antonio, and any other rallies to calendar quick so work-related activities don't interfere...

Sorry to hear work so busy Dan... Keep the faith!

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote