View Poll Results: Which Weekend in April?
April 13-15 2 10.00%
April 20-22 4 20.00%
April 27-29 18 90.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2007, 02:18 AM   #1639
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Great pix, Mike!..I wonder where Steve and I were?..I didn't see our photo there! (must have been looking for abs again?)

Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #1640
Steven and Susan

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Carmel , California
Thanks for the pictures Mike and Bob. We're enjoying reliving the rally by looking at the photos.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #1641
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Aerial Recon post 1551 identifies Mike's AS twice, thats enough for a
"lock on". DG

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #1642
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
In post #1565 (we can make it to 2000 can't we?) you will see the missing Mike in red and the Codybears across from him all seated at the end of the potluck table listening to one of Kevbo's TALL tales.......
Old 05-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #1643
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper
In post #1565 (we can make it to 2000 can't we?) you will see the missing Mike in red and the Codybears across from him all seated at the end of the potluck table listening to one of Kevbo's TALL tales.......
And to make your search easier, that's on page 112.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #1644
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
This one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
And to make your search easier, that's on page 112.
To make your search easier.........now where are their rigs?

Neil and Lynn
Attached Images

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #1645
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Some of our many incredible edibles.

These delicious oysters were my favorite, and I think my glazed staring at the tray made BinBin a bit wary. Great seafood in that neck of the woods. And coast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1115.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	37112  
Old 05-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #1646
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by anholman
To make your search easier.........now where are their rigs?

Neil and Lynn
Here's another shot of Mike, on the right, and if I'm not mistaken, that is his trailer on the far left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ascas2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	37113  
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #1647
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
O.K, O.K. WE've confirmed Mike was there, that should make his wife happy>

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #1648
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Buttercup had such nice things to say about our NorCal rally in another thread that I'd thought I'd repost it here so everyone could read it. He's talking about the difference in WBCCI rallies and ours. Well said Buttercup and I wholeheartedly agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Boy I could speak volumes about this. At the NorCal rally I discussed this with several of the people there, many who were not WBCCI members. The non-members certainly did have impressions about the club. The consensus that was expressed to me is that the club is too militaristic and regimented and this does not give one a sense of comfort when camping. It is probably an impression that folks have formed based on what they have seen from things like International and in the BB and probably why they prefer forums rallies to WBCCI rallies. Compare the impressions Airstream Life magazine gives compared to the BB. Also it was expressed that the rallies are not much fun in that a bunch of people just sit around the fire and do nothing and retire early.

I have discussed this with other folks who are members and they understand the impression non-members have and are working hard within the unit level to change that. I get the impression that there are 2 types of camping which to some extent do not really agree with each other. There is the relaxed, stay up late playing Didgeridoos and fiddling and playing guitar and singing until you are told to keep it down by the camp host at which point you whisper around the campfire sharing a bottle of Patron until you (or your liver) tell you it's time to quietly go to bed. And then there is the keep it quiet, regimented and go to bed early kind. I am sure you all know what I mean. We had both at the Norcal Rally. One couple (in a Fourwinds slideout TT no less) thought that the Airstreamers were a little too loud and up too late. And they went inside their trailer at 8:30 - no kidding, and had the lights out by 9:00.

I have experienced both styles of camping and rather prefer the former. I personally do not like to be regimented or in a situation where the atmosphere is uncomfortable or where I am told that I don't participate enough to have a say. I don't like to camp with the kind of people who come out of their trailer at 9:00 and pour a pan of smelly greywater on the fire, dousing it out in a putrescent flash of steam, and hearing "see you in the morning", thereby putting a smelly and bitter end to the evening (yes this really did happen). I don't like to camp with folks who think a wine tasting is inappropriate as a camp activity because one or two campers are tea-totalers.

I prefer to camp where I feel welcome and a part of the group from the moment I arrive to the moment I leave, even if nobody really knows me. I like to camp with folks who relish a wine and cheese tasting extravaganza that practically leaves no room for dinner and the tea totalers drink what suits them and also have a good time. I like camping where the only thing that puts the fire out is running out of wood. The NorCal rally a few weeks ago (as of this writing) was a blast and was like this. And if these folks we camped with were a WBCCI unit, they would be among the most successful in the club. I have heard of other units out there that have a very progressive and fun sort of non-regimented camping style and by all reports are doing great. I can clearly see that the Four Corners unit will be a great success. Other units are destined to fade away because they just don't have a camping program. You can put on all the camping trips in the world but if it isn't fun camping, why bother?

I digress a little here but I can say that the overwhelming number of folks I have talked to anecdotally say that they think the motion a very bad idea. This issue may pass but likely not. However, if it does pass I have no doubt that Jim Franklin will get his wish. Many of the folks who oppose this issue will walk leaving what's left of the club to the dinosaurs as he suggested. It would be a sad day indeed for the WBCCI.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #1649
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Great Pics Everyone!

Wow Mike, I just watched your slideshow. Awesome job! We should make that into a book. You definitely earn you pay as "official NorCal photographer!!!"

Come rally with us.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #1650
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Thanks Big Dee! That truely comes from the heart. we are WBCCI members and are proud of the history of the club and MOST of its traditions. We would love to see membership increase and if more units and activities were like NorCal we really would see a turnaround. This rally really did impact us because we have had several disappointing ones. We would like to take what we did on this rally and put together a WDCU rally here on the west coast (or very near it). Paul Waddel, president of the WDCU says go for it! so we are planning. It will be a buddy rally and hopely as fun as Casini was. You all are great and we are happy to call you all friends.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #1651
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Dan,

Credit should also go to my energetic producer/director, Kristiana.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion" (coming soon)
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #1652
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Pismo Anyone???

Hey anybody open for Pismo in June? To miss the crowds I am going to Pismo Coast Village during the week. I love it there! Plenty of spots open. I will be there 6/18 - 6/23. Come join me for a bbq and beer on the dunes.

Come rally with us.