Old 11-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
I've marked my calendar. Maybe Murphy won't try to chase down the Sheriff this year.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
opppps, I guess I should have clicked on the above link to Gurnsey Creek Campground to find out it's a group site.lol Dan, just keep me posted on the amount required.

Robert
hey robert,

i wasn't planing on reserving the group site but we could if we get 7 rigs signed up. but i really don't see any problem with getting sites in the middle of the week at this remote campground without reservations. anyway i need no fees upfront, everyone can pay upon arrival at both parks.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road View Post
I've marked my calendar. Maybe Murphy won't try to chase down the Sheriff this year.
hahahahahahahahahaha, cam that made me laugh! i will never forget that memory of murphy galloping after the sheriff with you chasing after a red face. great times!

Come rally with us.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Thinking about August is a little hard with 15" of snow since Saturday and more forecast tonight and for the rest of the year, but we are interested. We went to Lassen several years ago in the late spring, but there had been so much snow earlier that spring, everything was buried. We've seen the lava tubes at Craters of the Moon NM, but would like to visit the Lava Beds. Every time we travel through N. Cal., I look at them on the map and think I'm going there some day, so maybe that day is closer.

So put us down for a maybe and when the sun starts to return and Spring is near enough that we dewinterize the Safari for our annual trip to New Mexico, we'll be able to decide just what we're doing. We never travel much in summer—too many tourists, traffic, etc., so this would be different.

Looks like everyone is from Cal. and I hope that "outsiders" are welcome. Seems like 10% of Coloradoans are from California after all.

Gene
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Thinking about August is a little hard with 15" of snow since Saturday and more forecast tonight and for the rest of the year, but we are interested. We went to Lassen several years ago in the late spring, but there had been so much snow earlier that spring, everything was buried. We've seen the lava tubes at Craters of the Moon NM, but would like to visit the Lava Beds. Every time we travel through N. Cal., I look at them on the map and think I'm going there some day, so maybe that day is closer.

So put us down for a maybe and when the sun starts to return and Spring is near enough that we dewinterize the Safari for our annual trip to New Mexico, we'll be able to decide just what we're doing. We never travel much in summerótoo many tourists, traffic, etc., so this would be different.

Looks like everyone is from Cal. and I hope that "outsiders" are welcome. Seems like 10% of Coloradoans are from California after all.

Gene
hi gene,

funny that i have also looked at the lava beds on the map for years before i finally made it there. it's just so remote but that's it's charm i have discovered. this is really the boonies. and i am with you about the summer crowds so you will not see any at the lava beds that's for sure. would love to see you at the rally. enjoy the snow!

Come rally with us.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Soooooooo....now that Casini 2009 is in the rear view mirror, I am starting to look forward to this rally! Are we going to reserve the group site at Gurnsey Creek? I think we have 7 units going. And, is it necessary to reserve a spot at Eagles Nest RV Park? If so, what nights are we planning to stay?

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 05-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #21
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
Cindy and I wont be joining you guys on this one but will see everyone at Jackson in October. Have a great trip.

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
who wants to join us???

oh my god dee, that puppy is toooo cute. can't wait to meet him at gurnsey.

So i went ahead and reserved the 7 spot group camp at gurnsey because that way we are guaranteed to be next to each other. I dropped an email to eagle's nest telling them we have 7 rigs coming. waiting for a reply.

i am really starting to get excited about trying out the cararally format. it will be fun to drive together for the beautiful road trip to the lava beds. also looking forward to trying out boondocking at gurnsey. this will be fun.

Come rally with us.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee View Post
oh my god dee, that puppy is toooo cute. can't wait to meet him at gurnsey.

So i went ahead and reserved the 7 spot group camp at gurnsey because that way we are guaranteed to be next to each other. I dropped an email to eagle's nest telling them we have 7 rigs coming. waiting for a reply.

i am really starting to get excited about trying out the cararally format. it will be fun to drive together for the beautiful road trip to the lava beds. also looking forward to trying out boondocking at gurnsey. this will be fun.
Hi Dan,

We named the puppy Bailey, cuz he is cream-colored....and, Bailey's Irish Cream came to mind! Bailey will be with us....hopefully, by then, he will be sleeping later than 6:00-6:30am (yes, it's like having a baby in the house). He already has a crate set up in the Airstream where the dinette is....er, used to be. He loves going in the trailer with Paul and make himself at home!

We boondock most of the time, mainly using solar panels....do you have a generator? We will have ours along, so we can charge you up, if need be. The biggest challenge for us is trying not to fill up the gray water tank....we can usually go for ~10 days. These trailers were made for boondocking And, you have seen how we boondock

Thanks for reserving the group spot at Gurnsey....if you want us all to shoot some $$ your way, please let us know! And, let us know if Eagle's Nest wants individual reservations....

Cheers

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 05-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
We're still thinking about joining you, though not traveling together (is that what a cararally is?). We're in the midst of a trip and are in northern Minnesota now, so someday we'll make up our minds.

Gene
Old 05-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
hi gene,

it would be fabulous to meet you at lassen or lava beds, whatever one you can make. cararally means we have 2 rally spots and we travel between the two as a caravan. both places are so cool and close that it's natural to combine them together. hope to see you in august. enjoy your trip in minnesota.

Come rally with us.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I just completed installing new axles on the Trade Wind. I thought the old ones would be ok for another year but the ride on I-80 at the Fairfield area kinda tossed our things around in the coach. NOW we're ready for Lava Bed travel. After the rally maybe Dee, Coastal View and us can cararally back down to the south. We are going to Carmel for the weekend after Lava Beds.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
that's great news about your axles neil! sounds like a lot of work though. glad your all done now.

so i have been in contact with barbara at eagles nest rv park. she is setting aside at least 7 sites for us.

now that june is here, i am getting excited for the cararally!

Come rally with us.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
We are thinking of driving north to Lassen via 395 like we did back in the eighties. I don't remember if the route, particularly through Lassen, is tow friendly. Anyone know. Anyone want to travel with us?
Neil.

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote