Old 10-12-2004, 10:21 PM   #85
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
I ordered some small Cohiba and Partagas cigars last night, and will pick up some larger ones in Chico this weekend. I might even bring a few Cubans with me, if I don't smoke them before then I'll be sure to stock a variety of whiskey to suit everyone's tastes.

Sounds like this is going to be a fun weekend. My wife is definitely joining us. We're looking forward to meeting everyone and making some new friends.

I doubt if we'll do the touristy things, as we've lived in this area for nine years and have been to all those places. Besides, the SCCA is having vintage races at Laguna Seca that weekend. I'll try to resist the temptation to go take photos, even though I know the combinations to the gate locks.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
And then there were nine...

It's going to be a great group! Mike B will be in site #74. Now, we need one more to reach that magic number of ten. Anybody?

Coastalview.........................#79
Big Dee..............................#78
JBMcB................................#77 (Saturday)
fabofabo.............................#76
DogHouse...........................#75
Mike B................................#74

photobitstream....................#33 (pull-through)
Tinsel Loaf..........................#32 (pull-through)
Ohlson's.............................#31 (pull-through)

With each post from everybody, I get a little more excited. Photo is bringing some nice cigars and whiskey. Tinsel is bringing baked beans and cornbread. Coastalview is packing the firewood. I'm doing tri-tips and green salad. Oh man, this is looking good!!!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:29 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
looks like...

dessert will be up to me! Any preferences? I make a brutal apple pie but that's logistically not too possible given that it has to be fresh out of the oven to be properly brutal.

Or I could do brownies (not medicinal, sorry I had to drop that habit once I had a kid)...or anything anyone wants me to bring I'll be happy to. I'm guessing plates and utensils are covered?

Remember I don't have a working trailer yet...but it's time for some picture developing so I can bring my "baby pictures"!!

Hubby did get two big jobs, but he may have a break Halloween weekend. I might be able to talk him into taking the weekend still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee

With each post from everybody, I get a little more excited. Photo is bringing some nice cigars and whiskey. Tinsel is bringing baked beans and cornbread. Coastalview is packing the firewood. I'm doing tri-tips and green salad. Oh man, this is looking good!!!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Counting the days...

Sounds great, Ingrid!

I love Brownies, medicinal or not ! Don't worry about utensils, plates, etc. I got you covered. Hope to see your hubby. Sounds like he will need a break.

See you all soon.

Come rally with us.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:26 PM   #89
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Yes, he's coming! I even asked him if he'd rather take his periodic jaunt to Reno to play cards, have beers with buddies and generally blow off steam, and he said he'd rather come with us. I do really want him there, for the obvious reasons, but also because I want him to see interiors so we can get ideas and motivation.

My grumpy German father doesn't know that we also already made reservations for him and my mom and niece/nephew who live with them (but mom knows), so they are coming too. We have to introduce the idea of having fun to him very slowly, and let him adjust...so we just plan it without him knowing and he ends up coming along, and -- enjoying himself! They'll probably stay mostly at the hotel but come to see trailers for a little while. They go to bed early so I don't know about dinner.

But Jeff (husband) will go around the world for good tri-tip!!

We're excited already. Buying our aquarium tickets at Costco soon.

yippee!

ingrid
Old 10-18-2004, 08:09 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Ingrid,

I love it! The whole gang is coming. Right on!

Your hubby passes up Reno for Laguna Seca? Wow, what a guy! Tell him that it will be "beer with new buddies." and good cigars and whiskey, cornbread and beans, some very big tri-tips, and your brownies, of course. Now does that sound great or what? Maybe we could eat a little earlier so your parents can be there and more daylight. Will 5:00 work?

Can't wait to hear of the Great White. I am going in November. Even your father should be awed.

Tick-tock, tick-tock...Can't wait!

Come rally with us.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:05 PM   #91
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
5 would be great, but if it turns into a hassle don't change it around. It does give us more time around the fireplace though.

"Opa" is now amenable to the idea of coming. We're dialed in!

ingrid
Old 10-19-2004, 12:56 PM   #92
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
This rally sounds like more fun with each post. My little sister called this morning. She's flying out from Texas next week, with her guitar! We'll not only have excellent food, cigars, and whiskey, but excellent live acoustic music too. Sis is going to be famous in a few years, and y'all will be able to say "I knew her when..."
Old 10-20-2004, 12:05 AM   #93
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Wow! Are we lucky or what? Oh man. Nice friends with live guitar tunes by the fire on a chilly Halloween night sipping whiskey and puffing cigars in the hills of Monterey. Does it get any better?

I am glad to report that we have a tenth rig. Can't wait to meet the Warenycia's and their new Classic!

The Final List
Coastalview.........................#79
Big Dee..............................#78
JBMcB................................#77 (Saturday)
fabofabo.............................#76
DogHouse...........................#75
Mike B................................#74
Warenycia's.........................#73

photobitstream....................#33 (pull-through)
Tinsel Loaf..........................#32 (pull-through)
Ohlson's.............................#31 (pull-through)

This will be a great group. I am taking Friday off so it will be a three day weekend for me! Can't freakin wait. See you all soon!

Come rally with us.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:12 AM   #94
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
Wink

Quote:
Wow! Are we lucky or what? Oh man. Nice friends with live guitar tunes by the fire on a chilly Halloween night sipping whiskey and puffing cigars in the hills of Monterey. Does it get any better?
Did I mention I have some real, honest-to-the-cigar-gods Cubans in my humidor? And the SCCA is having vintage races that weekend? Forget the Great White Shark in the Aquarium, I want to see some 1950s Maseratis in the Corkscrew. Might have to unlock the gate and let myself through for those.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:34 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Did I mention that I have never smoked a Cuban before? I'm not a big cigar afficianado so I've always wondered what the fuss was about. Can't wait to find out.

There are some nice spots from which to watch the races right in the campground. That sounds like the plan on Saturday. Let's find a good spot and bring the chairs and cooler.

I am planning on keeping open a few sites for anybody that just wants to show up on Friday or Saturday. So Annette, I hope you can make it. But I know time is running out. If anybody wants to email me by Thursday the 28th, I can guarantee a site. Or just show up, the chances are excellent.

Come rally with us.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:49 PM   #96
3 Rivet Member

Unhappy heartbreak city, er rv park

Quote:
I am planning on keeping open a few sites for anybody that just wants to show up on Friday or Saturday. So Annette, I hope you can make it. But I know time is running out. If anybody wants to email me by Thursday the 28th, I can guarantee a site. Or just show up, the chances are excellent.
Oh, Big Dee, if only I could just run out on all this stuff I have to do. I'm still hoping I'll make it but it doesn't look too likely. I'll be out of my house this weekend but I still have lots to do to the van and airstream to get them road worthy. But you never know...I may just drop freya down on the ball and head out.

There's always next year......or points in between. Maybe I'll look into the Baja trip.
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 10:29 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Our new Airstream's first trip!

Well, it looks like the weather is with us for a great week-end in Monterey! We (the Warenycia's) have been reading the forums for awhile, and we feel like we know some of you already. Many of the opinions expressed on these forums aided us in our decsiion as to what model to buy and what hitch to use. It will be great to have SCCA races to watch during the day, in addition to all there is to do in the Monterey area. What a great start our Airstream life!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:17 PM   #98
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thumbs up Take a look at that 5-day forecast!!!

warbler5, great to see your first post! And here, no less. You are going to love that Classic '30 but then again I am more than a little biased.

warbler's right, looks like a clear, warm weekend! After all that rain, can you believe it? Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I am sad to report that fabofabo can not make the rally. We are down to nine again. But maybe next time...

Now I'm just trying to remember to pack everything. What will I forget?

See you all in four days. Cocktails on me.

Come rally with us.