Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2004, 08:17 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Tinsel,

I LOL when I read your post. You're killing me. Yes, Jeff was very patient with our questions.

BTW, what's wrong with the view of me? Aren't I as pretty as that scenery? All right, don't answer that.

Again, nice pics. Anymore?

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:25 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Ingrid,

I feel for you! How hard it must be to see everybody's AS and not to have yours to play in. But I am sure you guys will make good progress now that you are doublely motivated. Maybe bring it as a "work in progress" and we will all pitch in next time. Like an old fashoned barn raising! Loved talking with you around the campfire. Can't wait to do it again!

Come rally with us.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:31 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe
I lived about 1/2 way between Carmel and Big Sur, up on top of the mountain above the Rocky Point Restaurant. What a time it was.
Rob,

Lived above Rocky Point? Very jealous! You were a lucky dog. How did you ever leave one of the most beautiful areas on Earth (Monterey/Big Sur)?

Come rally with us.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:40 AM   #124
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Thanks, Big Dee and Jeff!

Big Dee (aka, Dan)......Thanks soooooooooooo much for your organization and constant encouragement to all of us to attend the FIRST ANNUAL Laguna Seca Airstream Forums Rally!!!!!! We met so many new friends and learned so many helpful things about Airstream trailering. And, Jeff.....having you there to advise us and answer questions about the area was like having our own personal rep from the Monterey chamber of commerce!!! And, did I mention....the weather was PERFECT!

It was so cool to see the folks who showed up just to check out Airstreams and all the help that was provided. They instantly were embraced by the group and took Dan up on the invitation for dinner on Saturday. We must have worked our magic on Hit'the'road, since he has his new Airstream on order!

Anyone who thought about coming and didn't really missed out....I can hardly wait for our next Airstream Forums rally! We made many new friends...the down side was that it was very lonely to come back on Sunday and find you all gone.

Mike B. and Debbie....we didn't see your trailer sitting at Toscano's, so you must have resisted temptation, since there was a pretty fair selection of both used and new trailers!

Big Dee.....after driving out twice without the trailer behind me, I was prepared to take that 16% downhill reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaal slow, and shifted into the lowest gear I could find! I also throw in the comment, "Whoa, big fella!" when I encounter those types of road conditions.....it always helps to converse with your Airstream!!!!

Cheers, Dee & Paul
warbler5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #125
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
1976 Argosy 28
1978 28' Argosy 28
Lodi , California
Just stumbled upon this thread as I sit atop that same hill at Laguna Seca for the sea otter classic with two other airstreams. Three days post Casini ranch 2013 with record turn out of 50+ units. Nor cal has come along ways since 2004 and I saw some familiar sign ons in this thread. Thanks for keeping nor cal going!
Michelle
triterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #126
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Fun times....

Big Dee (Dan) organized this trip and was the one who first lead us to Casini Ranch Campground! Dan has taken up riding a Harley, but he still lurks on the AirForums and on Facebook re: our Airstream trips. Someday, I suspect Dan will be back... This was our first outing in our Airstream...2004 30' Classic...and, we are still friends with at least half the folks who showed up for this inaugural rally!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #127
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
We too attended the first ever NorCal Forum Rally organized by Dan and Jeff in 2004.. Really enjoyed the free vintage sports car race that broke out on Saturday.. Maybe we should try another visit to Monterey area?? (Waayyy less expensive than Marina Dunes RV Park off Highway 1...)

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote