Old 09-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
YOU can DO IT!

Annette -
I (we) believe in you! Just ask questions and post pics if possible. My family and I are going to Cascade Locks OR (on the map it looks close to Portland) for a rally the weekend of Oct 8th. Any chance you could make the short drive? There would be some AS to look at and get help. Which part of the hookup or towing do you need help with? There's lots of females on the forum who could also give advise, don't stop now! We're in Seattle, if that's if any help.
Marc

Old 09-28-2004, 12:10 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

thanks for the vote of confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
Annette -
I (we) believe in you! Just ask questions and post pics if possible. My family and I are going to Cascade Locks OR (on the map it looks close to Portland) for a rally the weekend of Oct 8th. Any chance you could make the short drive? There would be some AS to look at and get help. Which part of the hookup or towing do you need help with? There's lots of females on the forum who could also give advise, don't stop now! We're in Seattle, if that's if any help.
Marc
I thought the rally at Cascade Locks would be a good place to get help - if I could even get there - but I have friends coming from out of town for a wedding that weekend. Darn! At any rate, I'm sure I will find help...and I don't want to start a whole thread on the pros and cons of various hitching procedures.

At any rate, thanks for the words of encouragement, Marc. Just a minor glitch...I've wanted to do this for too long to jettison the idea now!

1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:07 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Annette,

I'm crossing my fingers that you will make the Rally. If you do, invite your daughter to join us. Great to hear you sold your house. That must be a big relief! And you got a TV now, good news also. Now, is the problem that you need a hitch? Well maybe you could find a hitch shop that is knowledgeable and gives good advice? They could get you all set up and ready to go if you trust them. I've got a hitch shop here that I trust and they do good work. Ask around for a tip.

I will definitely save a spot for you so I really hope to see you at Laguna Seca!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:09 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Annette,

I'm crossing my fingers that you will make the Rally. If you do, invite your daughter to join us. Great to hear you sold your house. That must be a big relief! And you got a TV now, good news also. Now, is the problem that you need a hitch? Well maybe you could find a hitch shop that is knowledgeable and gives good advice? They could get you all set up and ready to go if you trust them. I've got a hitch shop here that I trust and they do good work. Ask around for a tip.

I will definitely save a spot for you so I really hope to see you at Laguna Seca!
Big Dee....My daughter is a helluva massage therapist. Maybe she can bring her table! I'll definitely invite her to come along.
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:24 PM   #61
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
Can't believe I missed this thread until now. Goes to show how busy I've been this season, taking photos at various tracks in California and Nevada (including Laguna Seca). The timing of this rally is perfect for me, as I'm leaving California on Nov. 3 to move home to Austin, TX. I'll talk my wife into joining me at this rally unless she gets transferred before then.

And I must apologize in advance for the condition of my '65 Overlander. I promise to restore it after I get to Texas.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:18 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Photobitstream,

Hey, that's great that the timing of the rally works for you. What a great way to end your stay in Calif and at Laguna Seca no less! This is a "relaxation" rally, so come relax with us. Sounds like you need a break.

If you would like to get a confirmed reservation with me, than I can guarantee a site next to all of us. But if you can't make plans till the last minute, I am pretty confident there will be open sites in one of the loops for late comers. Definitely hope to see you and your wife there.

I am getting more excited by the day!

Come rally with us.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:09 PM   #63
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
I'll send payment via PayPal next week. Gotta get some more money in my PayPal account first. See y'all there. I'll have good cigars and whiskey with me, just in case anyone is interested in partaking. Might even break out the camera gear and snap a few photos.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:11 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Did I hear "good cigars and whiskey?" Next to a warm fire on a dark Halloween night? Oh boy!!!!

Come rally with us.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:29 AM   #65
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Trick or Treat!

Quote:
Did I hear "good cigars and whiskey?" Next to a warm fire on a dark Halloween night? Oh boy!!!!
Good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids; good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids; good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids; good cigars and whiskey/trick or treat with grandkids
Decisions, decisions!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Uwe,

I know it's a long drive, but if you leave early on Sunday, you could be home in time for trick-or-treating. Rally and trick-or-treating. That's called "having your cake and eating it too!" And bring your grandkids with you as Monterey is very kid friendly and they are sure to have a blast. We could have those good cigars and whiskey with a campfire and ghost stories for the kids. Ahhhh.....

Come rally with us.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #67
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Uwe,

I know it's a long drive, but if you leave early on Sunday, you could be home in time for trick-or-treating. Rally and trick-or-treating. That's called "having your cake and eating it too!" And bring your grandkids with you as Monterey is very kid friendly and they are sure to have a blast. We could have those good cigars and whiskey with a campfire and ghost stories for the kids. Ahhhh.....
Bring 7 Grandkids - NOT. Reminds me of a movie I saw over last weekend - cheaper by the dozen with Steve Martin.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:55 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
alameda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepdx
Hi all you NoCal'ers....Things were moving along quite nicely up here in lovely Oregon; I sold my house (it's in the process of closing), I finally got a tow vehicle, and then VOILA!, I lost my hitching/towing mentor Can you believe that that may be the thing that prevents me from making the rally at Laguna Seca????? So if any of you know anyone who can help out this damsel in distress in Portland, send 'em my way!

Still hoping to see you all at the end of October. (Hey, Ingrid, my daughter lives in Alameda.)
whereabouts? I bet we know each other!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:38 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Photobitstream,

Thanks for the reservation for both nights. The rally grows...And tomorrow is OCTOBER! Yipeee!

Come rally with us.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:46 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Cool Another one in..

Just for record, I'm working on check to Dee, and we'll be there no later than Saturday morning in the Condoluminum... Looking forward as well to weekend at the "most beautiful meeting of land and sea" in the US..

John McG

p.s. updated Avatar to show campsite at Lake Louise in Canadian Rockies...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote