Old 05-23-2004, 09:20 PM   #15
Rivet Master

We'll be there!

Old 05-26-2004, 10:58 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thumbs up Thanks Tinsel Loaf!

Tinsel Loaf gets the first official reservation. Thanks Tinsel Loaf! Come on you West Coasters, we need to keep up with those Mid-Westerners! They are up to 25 units, for Pete's sake. So mark those calendars and make a reservation today! It's going to be a lotta fun!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:16 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thumbs up Rally Website is Up

I was bored this weekend so I decided to do up a website on the rally. It was more fun than necessary. Here it is:

http://home.mindspring.com/~skap

That Midwest Rally thread is up to 25 pages with 492 posts and 24 attendees. WOW! Those guys are going to have FUN! So come on you Californians, we need to keep up with those Midwesterners. Make a reservation today for Laguna Seca. I ONLY have one reservation so far.

Come rally with us.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:00 PM   #18
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Nice, Big Dee! Thank you for making such a concentrated effort for all of us.
I need to check a few things I am doing in October already, but will make reservations very soon if the schedule fits. I love Monterey Bay, one of my best friends lives there. The harbor area is a lot of fun, too. Plus they have clubs with live music on the weekends. Also, plenty of mass consumer infrastructure around here, for those that like to shop after arrival, instead of dragging everything along. There really is something to do for everyone. Highly recommendet.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #19

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
My husband and I are putting on a play here in Vancouver on those dates, else I would have tried to make it to this. That's such a beautiful area, and lots to do. Maybe next year. Great idea, Big Dee!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:56 PM   #20
Rivet Master

I will be bringing my big box kite. With the wide open space and and a light wind it will be great. Everybody bring a kite. Maybe we could make a kite that looks like a Airstream?
Old 05-30-2004, 10:15 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Hi Big Dee,

We'll be there in a local motel most likely, because our trailer is pretty dirty and won't be liveable yet probably. Just wanted to re state that we'll be there, and then leave in time for "Haw-wo-ween" (kidspeak). It's close to here.

In the meantime I"ll be watching for what to bring and stuff, and I'll pitch in for potlucks and cost and stuff anyway, except for reservations. I doubt we'll tent it; grounds getting pretty hard these days, and nights are chillly in October.

Keep up the good work, it's on the calendar.

oh...it's a local tradition to get a "Mystery Spot!" bumper sticker, it's got a double meaning in case you didn't know that.

i.

ingrid

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Mystery spot

I've been there...a really cool place in Santa Cruz. I'm jealous and wishing that I could be there...it's a great place for the kids to visit...just up the coast. Where's your mystery spot?
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:26 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
...wouldn't you like to know!!

ingrid
Old 06-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Rally

I will be checking with the spouse regarding our attendance. Considering I store my Airstream 4 1/2 miles from the campground, I have no excuses. As a local (I live in Pacific Grove), if you have any questions regarding the area, please let me know and I will do what I can to answer them. (E.g Monterey Bay Aquarium is fantastic - 20 minutes from Laguna Seca. Wonderful restaurants in Monterey, Carmel and Pacific Grove. Don't miss a visit - no dogs to Pt. Lobos State Park 30 minutes, and of course this is the gateway to Big Sur.)

Hope to see you all there. (BTW, if we are able to make it my one and three year old will be trick or treating. I like chocolate and peanutbutter...I mean they like...
Old 06-02-2004, 08:00 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Laguna Seca Rally

Hey Repodog,glad to see some other locals,interested in attending.Tell your spouse,your relocating the trailer to Laguna for the weekend,while they make improvements at your regular storage.You don't want to miss out on the fun,and being so close to home.I'll be sure to bring the chocolate and peanutbutter you like,but your going to have to share it with my 4 year old
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:01 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thanks Coastalview for the reservation! I have a feeling that this is going to be a fun group!

Repodog, pack the kids and the spouse and COME. It's Halloween, so we need kids! Maybe we can plan something for them besides chocolate and peanutbutter (my favorites too- have you tried that Nutrageous Bar? Oh my). I think there is the Super Haunted Horror House at the Boardwalk going on in October.

Uwe, hope you can make it too. Would love to hear some Baja stories at happy hour. And invite your buddy to join us, two birds with one stone.

Tinsel, I just received three really cool big kites so I'll join you on the hillside. If anybody wants to fly a kite, this is a perfect area.

Ingrid, great to hear your coming even without a silver trailer. Let me know if you need help in finding a motel.

I loaded up the dogs and my 75 year-old mother for a Sunday morning drive to Laguna Seca and we had a blast! It was so beautiful there. The views are of the surrounding hills is just incredible. Check out the pictures on the rally website. It's going to be so much fun!

Here's a picture of the view from the group area. Nice, huh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laguna Seca - 1.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	7024  

Come rally with us.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:48 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Big Dee!

Anything close, cheap and clean will do! I'll look around, but I don't want to be too far away from you guys, that's no fun. I'm bringing my hiking boots, anyone want to hit a trail with me? I'm in OK shape but I'm no mountain goat. I just want to walk and breathe it all in...

ingrid
Old 06-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Ingrid,

Salinas Econo Lodge

This Econo Lodge is close to Laguna Seca and very easy to get to from the park. Take a right turn out the gate, take a left on Blanco which turns into Sanborn Road. The Econo Lodge is on Sanborn. Salinas (vs. Monterey) motels will have the best rates in the area. Hope this helps.

Come rally with us.