Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #281
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Blanco Pics

Apologize for the quality, I was drinking a lot of coffee and laughing quite a bit...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanco1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	146904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanco2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	146905  

Name:	Blanco3.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	146906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanco4.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	146907  

Name:	Blanco5.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	146908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanco6.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	146909  

Name:	Blanco7.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	146910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanco8.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	146911  

Name:	Blanco9.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	146912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blanco11.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	146913  

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #282
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamstream View Post
OK, I am bummed I didn't camp out with everyone! At least I got to stop by for a minute and say hello! I shall make EARLY reservations for next year...is NOW too early? See ya 'all down the road, soon I hope.....
Carol - You were really missed, but only 1/2 way - I totally confused you with another gorgeous lady, and carried on the most animated conversation, until she worked up the gumption to question just who the hell I was talking about .

You just have no idea how much fun this rally is until you attend one. So, make your plans & reservations for next year NOW!!

Jim
Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #283
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Sorry we didn't hang out till Sunday am to say goodbyes!

Old maxwell had blown a fuse in the rain and although I has 120v and heat, all my 12v lights went out. Figured we lived so darn close in Austin we decided to pack up in the Saturday night rain and head home for me to diagnose the fuse issue in dry weather in Austin.

Thanks to our hosts for a great time! Although this was our first blanco rally without bandit, you guys made new memories for us.
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #284
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
I don't know how to start this post. I live only 11 miles from the party and couldn't pull my AS over for all the fun. Something about a a fawnky heart thing. But I did drive over every day to see some great friends from earlier days and meet some more enthusiastic Airstreamers. So, here goes:
Peter & Cindy - Only The Blanco Christmas Rally Founders - So great to see ya'll after so long. Thanks for putting some smiles on lots of faces.
To our hard working, hard partying & eminently bribeable hosts - Mary & Dennis, Lora & Mike and Deb & Ken - Ain't no way to thank you for all the time & effort, all the thought & work each of you put into making this year's gathering so very special and memorable. You guys rock. How can you ever top this year's gift "exchange" & potluck dinner?
Sean & Rondi - Great to see ya'll again. Please plan to join us for the whole shebang next year!!
Sid & Bonny - "Better than sex"? Nuff said, everybody else can just wonder about that comment. Great to see you both again & I hope to camp with ya'll again soon.

The Settlement RV Park north of Blanco never looked better, with all that classy aluminum lined up in a row.

Every minute of this rally was simply a ton-a-fun, even if I had to go home to my warm king size bed & endless hot shower every night. I'm making my 2012 reservations as soon as Parks & Wildlife will let me.

My thanks to all who were so kind & welcoming.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #285
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend
... I live only 11 miles from the party and couldn't pull my AS over for all the fun. Something about a a fawnky heart thing...
Yeah, but I heard you can lift over 10lbs on a daily basis without breakin' a sweat!
Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #286
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
fuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi_Bandit View Post
Old maxwell had blown a fuse in the rain and although I has 120v and heat, all my 12v lights went out. Figured we lived so darn close in Austin we decided to pack up in the Saturday night rain and head home for me to diagnose the fuse issue in dry weather in Austin.
Is it dry enough that you were able to figure it out? Hope it was something simple.

We also had an electrical issue, tripped the GFCI and it would not reset. But that just cost us a few outlets and the porch light. Figured I would look today but it is pouring down rain in Corpus and it seems the rain will stay with us a few days. Have not even disconnected or emptied the truck...ahhh well...I will get it fixed before Inks Lake!

WBCCI 3805
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #287
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Kevin, I was wondering if that was yo guys hitching up after dinner. Guess it was and sorry to hear it. It was great to see you guys out. We need to hookup on another local campout this season, or meet over at Garner.

We survived that rain with no electrical shorts (after I noticed several of the lights IN the water, I unplugged ALL of the outdoor lights. We survived the rain with only one leak, right above the bed. Our campsite flooded pretty well, and I can't tell you how much mud we brought in between dogs, girls and us. The entry rug is a throw away!

The girls enjoyed the labyrinth game that Sid brought; Good thinking! I didn't get a chance to visit with or meet many people as I ended up dealing with tired and cold little girls near the end but I was able to catch up with a few yesterday and my way down to the river to fish.

BIG thanks to all of the organizers and gracious hosts! They picked up the cost of the pavilion area, despite my urging to request donations to offset the out of pocket costs. Without that covered pavilion, the pot luck would have been SUNK! Literally. The stockings were fantastic and the girls were thrilled to find them in the morning. Thanks to Chuck and Skye for bringing the keg of Blanco's finest! About a gallon is still adorning my fridge here at home.

I was able to snap a few pictures of folks crossing the low water bridge as they were leaving around 1:30. I'll edit them and post them.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #288
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
Our Ninth Annual Blanco Christmas nonrally/rally

I personally want to thank everyone that attended, campers at the park, campers @ the settlement, those who stopped in, you guys made our rally a great success. Thanks for all the help! From the posts that I have read so far on the forums, sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. Just want you all to know how much we enjoyed hosting and entertaining you guys, even though our singing may leave a little to be desired. I did end up with a glass lid to a crock pot, it is large rectangular shape, also have a white fitted sheet let me know if its yours? And thanks to Johnny I have the rhinestones imprinted on my butt from his incredible fire! Special thanks to Frank and Mike for their delicious bribery of tequilla shots! May this Christmas season bring you all joy, happiness, peace and prosperity! Keep the faith and may God bless you one and all!

Mary Watermann
maryh2omann@comcast.net
maryh2omann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #289
1950 Flying Cloud 7039

1950 21' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
Six hour drive home. Six hours of flamigo decorating thoughts.

It was our first, trailer trip, rally, and much more. Thanks to all.
FC7039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #290
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Thanks for all the hard work! We enjoyed it greatly. Long drive home, 10.5 hrs, back to the cold weather.

We hope to see ya'll again!

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #291
1 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Katy , Texas
Had a great time and it was loads of fun to meet all the new people!
CoryandNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #292
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Hey everybody! Wanted to chime in and also thank all the hosts for such a fun weekend. Sure hated to get up in that cold rain on SUN morning and hook up and head back to Dallas. The only good part of that was getting home to six critters that had missed me for two weeks. Sure enjoyed meeting everybody and having such great food and laughs. Will be a great Christmas memory for quite some time. Hope to see everybody soon! If you head up anywhere near Dallas, or are planning another camping trip in the state and want some company - holler

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #293
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Thank you everyone for coming to the Christmas Rally. Ken and I just made it home. We had a great time and want to thank everyone for coming and making this year a HUGE success. Dennis thank you for for helping us girls every step of the way. The Airstream decorations and flamingos where difficult to judge, you all did such a wonderful job. I can't wait until next year!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #294
2 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Pattison , Texas
I ditto my other two peeps. Thank you all for coming. No party is great unless friends come and join the party. Wow. This is the best group. Fun different and sooo much fun. I love you all. Our Wbbci friends our forum friends and my neighbors and OLD friends. I wanta do it again before next year. Y'all let me know and we will be there. Xoxoxo Lora
MikenLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #295
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Thanks to all of the hosts for a great time. One of the most fun rallies we have ever attended. Ummm, those Tequilla shots ... they really were not Tequilla. It was just flavored water with some limes. Just joking. Those sure did seem to help to keep warm with the cold rain. LOL.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #296
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Fun Times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb and Ken View Post
The Airstream decorations and flamingos where difficult to judge, you all did such a wonderful job. I can't wait until next year!
Yes Debbie, you were right. It must have been the lights that tripped the breaker in our rig, all better now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Ummm, those Tequilla shots ... Those sure did seem to help to keep warm with the cold rain. LOL.
What??? You had Tequila shots? And all I had was coffee?

Will it be the 2nd weekend in December next year? I am ready to start buying more lights!

WBCCI 3805
Old 12-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #297
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas

Yes sir, we were serving up Tequilla shots on the far side of the pavillion Saturday night. That's partly to blame for the hostesses getting louder and funnier as the Dirty Santa exchange progressed. Ummm, I wonder if it helped Lady Flamingo Gaga win 4th place? Hmmmmmmm .....
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #298
kds
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Frederickburg , Texas
I know it's been said before but many thanks to all of you for making our first rally so great. Next time, no cocktails before the Dirty Santa exchange----I missed the whole thing!!!!! I didn't even get to wear my tacky sweater Oh well, it will keep for next year. So many great , new friends. See you at Inks Lake.

Kelly
kds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:34 AM   #299
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post

Yes sir, we were serving up Tequilla shots on the far side of the pavillion Saturday night. That's partly to blame for the hostesses getting louder and funnier as the Dirty Santa exchange progressed. Ummm, I wonder if it helped Lady Flamingo Gaga win 4th place? Hmmmmmmm .....
I think not. Lady Flamingo Gaga needed no help securing her high finish. She was a Superstar the moment she exited the trailer! I think it was her hand made shoes!
Now those shots may have made the hosts forget to eat dinner... I saw them foraging thru the leftovers in the kitchen afterwards...

Next year we feed them first!!!!

WBCCI 3805
Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #300
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805

I think not. Lady Flamingo Gaga needed no help securing her high finish. She was a Superstar the moment she exited the trailer! I think it was her hand made shoes!
Now those shots may have made the hosts forget to eat dinner... I saw them foraging thru the leftovers in the kitchen afterwards...

Next year we feed them first!!!!
That might be a good idea! But even leaving hungry, I had a great time! Nothing wrong with skipping a meal or two for friends! Can t wait to do it again!
maryh2omann is offline   Reply With Quote