Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Another park near the Blanco State Park is RIVER OAKS RIVERFRONT RV RESORT - HOME PAGE it has 33 spots in total (I don't know how many are open in Dec) their site only lets you reserve and pay in advance. Blanco State Park has 30 spots so I think it would be hard to find a bigger park in Blanco for next year than what we have.
Deb and Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
I had a good breakfast at the Blanco Bowling Club this am & decided to check in at the Blanco State Park's office - I don't trust the Parks & Wildlife website. Yes, as of now all RV sites are full & the park can't take a waiting list - you have to go thru Parks & Wildlife.

FYI, I asked Duty Ossifer J. L. Erlanson if RV parking was allowed at any of the shelters. His answer was a definate YES, but only at shelters 41, 42 & 46, and each of these shelters have plenty of room to accomodate trailers. Each of these shelter sites have electricity & water, but no dump at the shelter. There is a centrally located dump site as you depart the park. I suggest you jump on one of these sites if you want to camp in the park with the Airstream group.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #43
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend View Post
but only at shelters 41, 42 & 46[/B]
Bad thing is that you can not reserve a specific shelter, only a type of facility, and it is first come, first choice. The ones with more parking space are probably popular for groups.

If someone could come in a bit early, say Thursday or early Friday morning, it would improve the chance of getting one of these shelters.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #44
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Boy it sure sounds like a great time this year it will be our first. WE will be staying at the roadrunner RV park in Johnson city 11 miles away of course we will be working at the park not sure of our hours and days yet, but the other couple working with us are virgin airstream owners they plan on attending also, we just got the trailer for them and we should have it refurbished in time for the rally. If any one needs a place to stay we will have sites thought we are 11 miles from the rally let us know for more info both Rondi and I and our friends Buddy and Susan will be at the rally. Oh will get back with our black pot food for the rally
Old 08-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Well Skye has finally told me what she is preparing for the potlucks. Vegetarian Chili (I know, we are in Texas and it sounds almost sacrilegious) But it is sooo good and there may just be someone that does not want meat. And flourless Chocolate cakes. Hurry Up December!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #46
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodtx View Post
OK, I'll start the food list.
Italian Sausage with Tortellini for Saturday night
Red Velvet cupcakes for Friday night.
We will bring chocolate covered Macadamia Nuts for Friday night and a tray of Bacon-Green beans for Saturday night. John & Charles
J&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #47
Retired Fishing Guide

2005 28' Classic
Port O'Connor , Republic of Texas
Checking today to see if reservations are still available
WBCCI # 3133
Cap-N-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Boerne , Texas
We have had an airstream for many years and want to attend the Blanco Christmas event -- who is the contact to join the Blanco Christmas event?
backflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #49
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by backflow View Post
We have had an airstream for many years and want to attend the Blanco Christmas event -- who is the contact to join the Blanco Christmas event?
No one to contact. Just show up.

Chances are the park is full unless you just happen to catch a cancellation. There are other parks nearby east of Blanco, north of Blanco at US 290, and in Johnson City (see post above) that may have space. Then you could get day passes for the state park and join the crowd.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Connie and I got one of the last reservations for a water/elec site only, so we will be there! I am amazed at how fast it filled up, looks like a much larger turnout for this year. That is awesome!

As far as potluck, I think that I will bring the cajun kettle and do my Andouille sausage jambalaya. ( I will ease back on the jalapeno's to accomodate those that can't take the heat)

I have not seen any talk of a contest for the best xmas decorated campsite?? Since we took the honors last year, I will be glad to volunteer to be a judge this year, and yes I can definitely be bribed!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting the new ones!!

Johnny & Connie
Silvertherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
By the way we made our reservation on July 17th as soon as we saw the rally posted.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Good morning Streamers! I've seen several of you since Blanco at the Pecan Grove event in San Marcos but I haven't been out since. Just too hot!

I was pumped up when I heard the news of this campout. I made my reservations back in mid July with the rest of the group and only saw four sites left. I too am only Water/Electric, but we will survive. I'm also amazed at how fast this one filled up. To those that haven't been able to reserve a site in the park, the Blanco Settlement looks like a perfect option and isn't as far away as it seems. I highly doubt they will fill up before the rally, so I would check with the park for last minute availability and use them as a fall back.

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces as well as meeting the new ones. I'm sure Sophia and Julia will help lead the kids bike brigade around the campsite. Maybe I'll tape a thousand glow sticks to them and make a spectacle.

Not sure what I will bring food wise yet. Last year, I made a nice dutch oven dish over the coals but fire restrictions this year will likely keep that from happening. We have time to figure it out.

To try and organize the attendance list so far, here are the trailer owners that I THINK have reservations. Please let me know if I need to add/subtract anyone.

87MH
fbgairstream
rosewoodtx
MikenLora
Pashka
debgordon98
whitsend
case3805
J&C
jdh350
Frank&Mike
bwoodtx
Jimmarq
Chasmorgan
Carnagie1935
SphereGuy
smhx4
Aggie79
Westfalia (me)
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #53
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
let mh87 know if you get a site !
maryh2omann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #54
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by backflow View Post
let 87mh know if you get a site!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #55
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh350 View Post
Connie and I got one of the last reservations for a water/elec site only, so we will be there! I am amazed at how fast it filled up, looks like a much larger turnout for this year. That is awesome!

As far as potluck, I think that I will bring the cajun kettle and do my Andouille sausage jambalaya. ( I will ease back on the jalapeno's to accomodate those that can't take the heat)

I have not seen any talk of a contest for the best xmas decorated campsite?? Since we took the honors last year, I will be glad to volunteer to be a judge this year, and yes I can definitely be bribed!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting the new ones!!

Johnny & Connie
glad you guys are coming we will be posting info as if becomes available!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #56
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Hi All,

Becky and I are booked at Blanco Settlement. It looks like we're now one of 5 airstreams that have reserved there.

They have plenty of spaces available so it would great to have more people join! Just tell them you're with the Airstream group and she'll book us all together as much as possible.

We look forward to meeting everyone!

Lynn
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #57
The truth has no agenda

1970 27' Overlander
Katy , Texas
We are booked at Riverside for thur, fri, sat so the Markhams will be attending this year...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #58
Retired Fishing Guide

2005 28' Classic
Port O'Connor , Republic of Texas
Made reservations at Blanco Settlement this morning. We will be there. Arriving on Thurs.
WBCCI # 3133
Cap-N-Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Rally Agenda

We have prepared a quick agenda for the Blanco Rally weekend for anyone that is attending for the first time.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems opening it since It's my first time downloading something to the forum website and I had a few issues.

Deb
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blanco 2011.pdf (426.6 KB, 217 views)
Deb and Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #60
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
The agenda shows up just fine! Thanks so much. We simply cannot believe how much effort the hosts are willing to put out for that Friday night dinner! Just another sterling (silver) example of how far the Airforums folks are willing to go for each other.

We are soooo looking forward to this. And for the record...Our Flamingo will rule!
Chuck and Skye (but Skye is out of town and has no idea about the challenge I just involved her in)

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote