Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #141
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Boerne , Texas
The updated agenda on Post 134 -- for some reason it is indicating a damaged attachment --or is this on my end --???
backflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #142
1950 Flying Cloud 7039

1950 21' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
bump

" I don't want to assume, so I have to ask, what is a 'Dirty Santa' gift exchange? I got the exchange/trading part, but........"

I would like to participate as a couple (one gift) and my gift is not dirty, one way or the other.
FC7039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #143
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
The agenda worked fine for me today. Gee we are going to be a great group. I know name tags are a pain, but I have a terrible time remembering names. I know most of you by your forum names and I would like to connect a face and name to the forum name. I can hardly wait to meet and see everybody. Dirty gifts are not really dirty , some are great, some are funny, some are jokes and some are stolen over and over. Kay
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #144
1 Rivet Member

1969 23' Safari
Austin , Texas
Winterize?

We are new to having an RV with all the systems, etc. so this is our first winter to worry about winterizing. We were holding off until after the Blanco rally in December. Is that what all of you in this area are doing too? How low does the temp have to get before we need to worry?
Thank you.
Alan & Renee Wheeler
Austin, TX
Moonpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #145
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Since we camp over the winter with our unit, I normally semi-winterize after every outing. Let me explain. When we get home, I first drain the lines by opening the petcocks, then I blow out the water lines with a low pressure adapter, I will put a little Rv antifreeze in the "P" traps. I set the heat pump at 50 degrees, open the cabinet doors and set a small ceramic heater on the kitchen counter at a preselected setting, turn out the lights and shut the door. All in all takes about 30-45 mins. Gives me piece of mind. Others may due differently.
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #146
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
If anybody falls out could you please give me a call or PM. It is close enough now to make plans.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #147

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
If anybody falls out could you please give me a call or PM. It is close enough now to make plans.
I think there are still spaces at Blanco Settlement. There are a 11 Airstreams for the rally there, I believe (including mine.) They have 20 spaces, so I'm guessing there may still be some vacancies.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #148
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
It is just NOT the same. This has to be planned a a larger place next time. Who knew a mid Dec get together would be so popular? Maybe Blanco settlement may be the place to be for "activity"...instead of a split venue.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #149
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Maybe Blanco settlement may be the place to be for "activity"...instead of a split venue.
Blanco Settlement isn't any larger and is a lot less convenient.

Maybe Roadrunner RV Park in Johnson City would have enough space that time of year. Grocery store next door, small rally room, and restaurant directly across the street. Pedernales Electric and the rest of the city lit up with a zillion lights. Miller Creek, a couple of miles south, could probably take some overflow.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #150
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Hey don't move our party , it's at the State Park these 9 years now. At the park you can walk or ride your bike to the Santa Parade and the Market on Saturday, and you can go fishing in the river if you want with out a license as per State Park rules these last few years. Also it's tradition to camp by the Lamas and decorate the park with as many festive lights as we can muster!
... the gifts aren't dirty as you may have figured by now, it's the game we play to get the gifts that gets Dirty, It's the get a gift keep yours or trade for someone elses weather they want to trade or not, and no1 get to have a chance to trade after all is given out. Sounds innocent enuf doesn't it LOL just you wait till some Flamigo lamp shows up in the mix , then you will understand the Fun of Fighting for the Flamigos! I can't wait,hope for lots of familiar faces for sure. and Yes I have a Flamigo Gift that's all I'm saying.....
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #151
Shelly and Richard

1973 27' Overlander
1959 24' Tradewind
Kopperl , Texas
[QUOTE=maryh2omann;1077537]Just a reminder, please refer back to post #134 on our thread for the Christmas rally. Debbie has updated the agenda and also a list of those attending. If you are not on the list, please let us know so that we will be prepared for all to enjoy the rally!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Count two of us's (Shelly and Richard). We'll bring Mexican chicken for the pot luck, and cherry dump cake for the frito pie night. Anxiously waiting!
traveluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #152
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStream
Hey don't move our party , it's at the State Park these 9 years now. At the park you can walk or ride your bike to the Santa Parade and the Market on Saturday, and you can go fishing in the river if you want with out a license as per State Park rules these last few years. Also it's tradition to camp by the Lamas and decorate the park with as many festive lights as we can muster!
... the gifts aren't dirty as you may have figured by now, it's the game we play to get the gifts that gets Dirty, It's the get a gift keep yours or trade for someone elses weather they want to trade or not, and no1 get to have a chance to trade after all is given out. Sounds innocent enuf doesn't it LOL just you wait till some Flamigo lamp shows up in the mix , then you will understand the Fun of Fighting for the Flamigos! I can't wait,hope for lots of familiar faces for sure. and Yes I have a Flamigo Gift that's all I'm saying.....
Yeah! We re not moving our party there are 30 sites at the state park and this has been our tradition for the last nine years!
maryh2omann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #153

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I think the State Park has 10 MORE spaces than Blanco Settlement. I realize it's not as good to be at 2 locations, but it's a whole lot closer to Blanco State Park than Fort Worth is.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #154
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Flamingo Lamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStream View Post
Sounds innocent enuf doesn't it LOL just you wait till some Flamigo lamp shows up in the mix , then you will understand the Fun of Fighting for the Flamigos! I can't wait,hope for lots of familiar faces for sure. and Yes I have a Flamigo Gift that's all I'm saying.....
oooooooo Flamingo Lamp? OMG sunnyskye will be such a Dirty Santa in this contest. But let's make it easy, We will already be bribing the judges in the Flamingo decorating contest, so....what is your price?

Dang we are looking forward to this!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #155
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Hello All - I need you to ask that any & all with reservations who have since discovered that they can't attend for some reason to forget about calling or PM'ing Robin (melodyranch) if there are any cancellations. I would MUCH rather that you email or PM ME that your reservation might be "open". I need the fun & adventure MUCH more than ole Robin!! .
Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #156
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitsend View Post
I need the fun & adventure MUCH more than ole Robin!! .[/B]
He who hesitates may not be totally lost since he lives pretty close.

You can wave to the folks at the Settlement on the way past.

PS: Did you hear about the assembler at the Tate Compass Company who accidentally reversed the dials such that they sold compasses where N was really S and E was really W, etc.?

That's where the saying originated, "He who has a Tates is lost."
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #157
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Did you try Blanco Riverside Cottages, which are directly across the street, you can see the place as you cross the river. They have 7 full hook up sites.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #158
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
1965 20' Globetrotter
Stephenville , Texas
That's where the saying originated, "He who has a Tates is lost."

Good one, John!
Jimarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #159
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
Ninth Annual Blanco Christmas Rally

Tick tock tick tock......time is getting close to our Christmas Blanco rally! Don't forget your glue guns, bling bling, glitter, ribbons etc. for the flamingo decorating contest, also your tacky Christmas sweater for Saturday night!! Hey if you didn't post your potluck item, no problem because we always have great food with variety and abundance! We will be providing Frito pies on Friday night. Here is the food list so far:

Italian sausage with tortellini-Bruce & Roseann
Vegetarian chili-Skye & Chuck
Bacon with green beans-John & Charles
Andouille sausage jambalaya-Johnny & Connie
Corn pudding-Joy & Jim
Mexican chicken-Shelly & Richard
Chicken sausage gumbo-CapNred
Emerills cabbage-John & Kay
Broccoli chicken & rice-Lisa

Banana pudding-Kay
Red velvet cupcakes-Bruce & Roseann
Flourless chocolate cupcakes-Skye & Chuck