Old 12-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #295
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Thanks to all of the hosts for a great time. One of the most fun rallies we have ever attended. Ummm, those Tequilla shots ... they really were not Tequilla. It was just flavored water with some limes. Just joking. Those sure did seem to help to keep warm with the cold rain. LOL.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #296
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Fun Times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb and Ken View Post
The Airstream decorations and flamingos where difficult to judge, you all did such a wonderful job. I can't wait until next year!
Yes Debbie, you were right. It must have been the lights that tripped the breaker in our rig, all better now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post
Ummm, those Tequilla shots ... Those sure did seem to help to keep warm with the cold rain. LOL.
What??? You had Tequila shots? And all I had was coffee?

Will it be the 2nd weekend in December next year? I am ready to start buying more lights!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #297
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas

Yes sir, we were serving up Tequilla shots on the far side of the pavillion Saturday night. That's partly to blame for the hostesses getting louder and funnier as the Dirty Santa exchange progressed. Ummm, I wonder if it helped Lady Flamingo Gaga win 4th place? Hmmmmmmm .....
Old 12-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #298
kds
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Frederickburg , Texas
I know it's been said before but many thanks to all of you for making our first rally so great. Next time, no cocktails before the Dirty Santa exchange----I missed the whole thing!!!!! I didn't even get to wear my tacky sweater Oh well, it will keep for next year. So many great , new friends. See you at Inks Lake.

Kelly
Old 12-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #299
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:

Yes sir, we were serving up Tequilla shots on the far side of the pavillion Saturday night. That's partly to blame for the hostesses getting louder and funnier as the Dirty Santa exchange progressed. Ummm, I wonder if it helped Lady Flamingo Gaga win 4th place? Hmmmmmmm .....
I think not. Lady Flamingo Gaga needed no help securing her high finish. She was a Superstar the moment she exited the trailer! I think it was her hand made shoes!
Now those shots may have made the hosts forget to eat dinner... I saw them foraging thru the leftovers in the kitchen afterwards...

Next year we feed them first!!!!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #300
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805

I think not. Lady Flamingo Gaga needed no help securing her high finish. She was a Superstar the moment she exited the trailer! I think it was her hand made shoes!
Now those shots may have made the hosts forget to eat dinner... I saw them foraging thru the leftovers in the kitchen afterwards...

Next year we feed them first!!!!
That might be a good idea! But even leaving hungry, I had a great time! Nothing wrong with skipping a meal or two for friends! Can t wait to do it again!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #301
2 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Corpus Christi , Texas
To all those who asked for the Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe, here you go. Once you make it, you will know that the one I brought was not the best effort I have ever made, it is normally even more creamy and delicious.....but, you will also know that, when using good chocolate, even a less than perfect outcome is delicious!

Skye's Flourless Chocolate Cake

1/2 C water
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 C sugar
18 0z. good quality bittersweet chocolate (the better the chocolate the better the cake)
1 C unsalted butter
6 eggs

Preheat oven to 300. Grease a 10 inch spring form pan - set aside

In small pan, combine water, salt and sugar, stir over med. heat until completely dissolved and set aside

Melt chocolate in top half of double boiler or in microwave (do not over heat, just melt slowly and keep stirring) pour melted chocolate into bowl of electric mixer.

Cut butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.

Pour batter into the prepared pan. Place spring-form pan in a larger pan and fill the larger pan with boiling water halfway up sides of the spring-form pan. (water bath)

Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan.

This cake is best served with raspberry puree, and home-made whipped cream. ENJOY
Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #302
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
short cut

Bruce and Roseann, thank you guys for showing us that shortcut...we shook open doors and cabinets that have never come open before! We owe you!

Hold on, there my friend!! Could it be that your old latches could not withstand the Airstream shake test? Or....... maybe it is time to be thinking 'bout them axles Everthing in mine was fine and I'll bet the SOB's doors stayed closed even if the poor driver was white knuckled at the time. We go that way all the time when heading out 281 and really haven't had any problems. Glad y'all made home safe along with the kids and now that son in law has been through a little construction, he can do anything

Take care-hope to see all of you in Jan at the buddy rally.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #303
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
San Antonio , Texas
Mary - (as i type one handed) If no one else claims the lid and sheet, they are probably ours. thanks to all for everything.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #304
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
ALL RIGHT EVERYBODY!! What a wonderful rally!! Many thanks to our gracious hosts for an exceptional time. Everything was fantastic!! Lots of pretty birds this year, competition is getting tougher. I can see that I gotta step up the light show next year-Sid & Bonnie/Chuck & Skye- great job on your campsite decorations!! Kudos to the rest of you as well who decorated well. I have some work to do! Everything was fantastic we had a lotta fun right up until I pinched Roseann's finger in the table Even afterward she had a good time-a little wine, a little hydrocodone-better living through drugs, I say! Seriously, she handled it like a trooper even sending me back to decorate our flamingo to a fabulous 2nd place finish. She didn't even stay mad at me long and even let me sleep in the trailer out of the rain Sat night

Hope to see all of you next year and in the meantime we gotta do a summer thing again.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #305
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
Talking

Quote:

I don't know about louder and funnier but I do always feel a little better looking after a good shot of tequila.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #306
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
1958 22' Flying Cloud
San Angelo , Texas
Great fun, food and friends!

We had a great time thanks to all who worked to put this event together!! It was a blast decorating my flamingo even if it didn't win a prize. Can't wait to do it again. And the food was delicious!! Thanks for posting the cake recipe Skye. Would love to get into the park next year, but we had fun at the settlement too! So many fun people!!!

Joy & Jim
Old 12-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #307
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
2007 34' Classic S/O
Slidell/Lake Sam Rayburn , Louisiana/Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodtx View Post
Mary - (as i type one handed) If no one else claims the lid and sheet, they are probably ours. thanks to all for everything.
Roseanne,
Send me our address and I will mail you the lid and sheet. So far no one else has claimed the sheet and lid. How is the finger? Great seeing you guys!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #308
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1964 19' Globetrotter
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia View Post
Kevin, I was wondering if that was yo guys hitching up after dinner. Guess it was and sorry to hear it. It was great to see you guys out. We need to hookup on another local campout this season, or meet over at Garner.
Yup, but it wasn't bad. We live close enough and it worked out for our packed schedule on Sunday anyways. I did figure out the 12v blade fuse had blown, but I wouldn't have found it in the dark and rain. We had a small leak in maxwell at the time, so it may have been related...

Maxwell the 1964 Globe Trotter
Name TBD the 1955 Overlander
WBCCI # 6155
AIR # 6155

2nd love - 2006 28' Safari LS
1st love - 2004 19' CCD Bambi
Bambi_Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote