Old 12-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #239
Fiona76

1976 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Fiona76
The truck is ready and the Airstream is trembling in anticipation and B.Ann fell over backwards on the tennis court. Hurt her wrist, no, said the doctor she shattered it. He is looking for all the right size screws and splints and pins to hold it together. Will do surgery tomorrow. BAnn said she could probably go on Saturday considering the keg and all the wine available. My thoughts are along with the pain pills she'll be on, that she won't even remember the great time she had. So with that, I'm going to admit that we can't come, BUT, we may drive over Sat afternoon and if we do we'll bring a dirty Santa present. Am cancelling our reservation at Blanco Settlement today.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #240
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Bittersweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona76 View Post
The truck is ready and the Airstream is trembling in anticipation and B.Ann fell over backwards on the tennis court. Hurt her wrist, no, said the doctor she shattered it. He is looking for all the right size screws and splints and pins to hold it together. Will do surgery tomorrow. BAnn said she could probably go on Saturday considering the keg and all the wine available. My thoughts are along with the pain pills she'll be on, that she won't even remember the great time she had. So with that, I'm going to admit that we can't come, BUT, we may drive over Sat afternoon and if we do we'll bring a dirty Santa present. Am cancelling our reservation at Blanco Settlement today.
Logged on to say we are loaded, hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning. Pretty excited and then I read this. This is horrible. So sorry guys. Don't push it! Having had a few surgeries myself, I can tell you it probably is not worth a trip for a dirty santa gift.

Get well!!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #241
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Bye Bye Corpus

Awnings secured, stairs up, pulling chocks.

See you all soon.

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #242
2 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Pflugerville , Texas
I can't believe it! I will not be coming to the rally.

Reservations canceled.
I was checking out the motor home and went to turn on the furnace and no propane. Check the gas range no propane. Now I know I have propane because I just filled up a couple months ago and had the supply valve shut off and the inside indicator says I have a full tank. Because it's easy to get to I disconnected the gas line to the refrigerator so this would tell me if gas was passing through the regulator. I didn't have any gas there so you have to assume this is regulator is bad. So I took the regulator off and carefully cracked open the supply valve on the propane tank and no gas, open it a little bit more and still no gas. Cranked it all the way open and banged on the valve and still no propane. Now is very hard to lose 28 gallons of propane and not smell anything so I assume there's still propane in that tank and I'm not full hearty enough to take the valve off and leave the tank open to the atmosphere. So considering the weather I don't believe I can go without heat or hot water therefore I'm going to cancel my reservation at Blanco.
I sincerely hope that somebody else can utilize my reservation, I apologize for holding a spot and then not coming. At this point about the only thing I can do is start getting that so-called motorhome motoring again. With my track record is never too early to start getting ready for Blanco 2012. I hope everybody has a great weekend and the weather will be kind to you.
Cheers
Bill
Old 12-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #243
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
Awnings secured, stairs up, pulling chocks.

See you all soon.
I only have about 20 miles from the storage yard to get there. The cats and I should arrive soon after noon.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #244
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Keller , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelocta View Post
Reservations canceled.
I was checking out the motor home and went to turn on the furnace and no propane. Check the gas range no propane. Now I know I have propane because I just filled up a couple months ago and had the supply valve shut off and the inside indicator says I have a full tank. Because it's easy to get to I disconnected the gas line to the refrigerator so this would tell me if gas was passing through the regulator. I didn't have any gas there so you have to assume this is regulator is bad. So I took the regulator off and carefully cracked open the supply valve on the propane tank and no gas, open it a little bit more and still no gas. Cranked it all the way open and banged on the valve and still no propane. Now is very hard to lose 28 gallons of propane and not smell anything so I assume there's still propane in that tank and I'm not full hearty enough to take the valve off and leave the tank open to the atmosphere. So considering the weather I don't believe I can go without heat or hot water therefore I'm going to cancel my reservation at Blanco.
I sincerely hope that somebody else can utilize my reservation, I apologize for holding a spot and then not coming. At this point about the only thing I can do is start getting that so-called motorhome motoring again. With my track record is never too early to start getting ready for Blanco 2012. I hope everybody has a great weekend and the weather will be kind to you.
Cheers
Bill
Sorry to hear about this.......how disappointing! I hope you don't have an expensive or dangerous problem to fix. You've got the right attitude tho, there's always 2012! Good
luck!
AirHedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #245
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Keller , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona76 View Post
This is terrible! I hope BAnn is going to be okay, that must be painful! Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully we can meet you next year
Old 12-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #246
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Keller , Texas
So SO exhausted from all the stuff going on at home, but the AS is almost ready to go. Packing up a few more things, checking the tires, hubby getting fuel for the truck and I'm driving my Jeep behind him (love it!) We'll be on our way soon! See ya'll later!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #247
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Blanco Christmas

Ok, is this a trend? Hopefully not. Jack and I had to cancel Blanco Christmas. He has fallen and broken his hip and had a hip replacement surgery. We were looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great get together. We are concentrating on getting Jack back on his feet and well enough to get back to camping. Heard someone has a broken wrist. Hope they are on the mend. Be careful all you fellow streamers, be steady on your feet. Looking forward to reading about the weekend and viewing pics on the forum. Have fun.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #248
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
We are finally on our way this morning. What a beautiful sunny day!! Can't wait to be in Blanco again. See everyone soon! -- Connie
Old 12-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #249
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
Trying to get off today One minor glitz after another but I will get it whipped and be on my way as soon as I can. Hope to arrive before dark. Kay
Old 12-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #250
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
Looking forward to seeing you again, Kay. Travel safely! - Connie
Old 12-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #251

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Oy! I guess we'll see if I've improved my prep skills any, I haven't been this far from ready this close to departure on any of my Airstream trips to date. I've finished the work things that needed to be checked in for a build, so at least I can take tomorrow mostly-off and expect to be welcomed back to the team on Monday!

I'm planning for an early departure tomorrow, so if I make that I'll be at Blanco Settlement before 13:00. Now if I just had time to relax between now and departure time...

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #252
Rivet Master

2008 27' International CCD FB
Boerne, TX / , Evergreen, CO
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia Send a message via Skype™ to Westfalia
has anyone found out if the fire ban has YET been lifted? I want to know if I should put some wood in my truck.

It's been a busy few days getting the airstream ready. I had pulled it over to my house from the storage yard last Friday for the weekend long rain leak test. Yep, it leaked. Between finding leaks, insulating air leaks in the trailer and doing maintenance, like fixing the power lift jack, cleaning the water heater and fixing a broken brake pin, I'm finally ready to START packing! Hope to be up at the park around 1 tomorrow. See everyone there!