Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Where should the Spring Norcal Rally be?
Casini Ranch 8 66.67%
El Chorro 2 16.67%
Snug Harbor 1 8.33%
Dos Reis 0 0%
Casa de Fruita 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2004, 06:18 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
I voted before I saw the winning result. Casini Ranch, close for me, and so much to do around that area.

Maybe we'll bring a trailer even!

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:25 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
We see our first reply to this post,has gone to never never land.(Thanks for the reminder Big Dee) Were up for any of these locations, hope that what ever location is selected, that all be able to be there.
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:43 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
It is looking like Casini Ranch on April 8 - 10. I prefer the month of April but if anybody has another date, we can hash it out. The poll closes in 18 days so plenty of time to make your vote count. This thread has not been replied to by a number of Laguna Seca attendees, so I hope they will chime in soon. And I hope we get some newcomers to join in. So vote if you haven't already and see if April 8 - 10 will work for you. We need to start making reservations in January.
Any location and April 8-10 works for us, as far as I know...the only thing we have planned for April is a trip to the desert (Anza-Borrego). I emailed Mike B. and Debbie, our "next-door neighbors" from Laguna Seca, and gave them a nudge to join in. It looks like we have a few newcomers, and a couple that attended Laguna Seca without trailers, who now will be bringing theirs along!

Rally on, Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 12-02-2004, 09:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
I'm In, I think...

Big Dee-

Sorry to be late voting, but I've been in Asia for 2 weeks (Very few Suburbans over there..) and catching up. I voted for Cassini as well, but beware that in early April it could be under water due to the annual flooding of Russian River... I may be in FL on biz trip that weekend also, and that is big Sun n Fun EAA Fly-In in Lakeland FL (world's second largest air show..).

I'd also be happy to join San Luis or Paso or Santa Barbara or Delta.. As long as there's 30 amps to power the A/C and a water for the showers...

We're pondering joining WBCCI event in Pasadena for Rose Parade/Getty Museum/Reagan Library etc, and will report if we decide to join..

John McG

p.s. In meantime, for those envious of early 90's Excella 25's, there's a '92 with rear twin beds listed for sale in Blue Beret for ~$14K, with recent upgrades..

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:45 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
John,

Asia? You are one busy man. I hope you can be at the rally although the air show in Florida sounds like a lot of fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will work out.

I went to the Getty Center last Chirstmas. I was blown away! The place is awesome! Not even considering the art, the building and grounds are incredible. I was lucky to be there the day after a big storm blew away all the smog, and I could see for hundreds of miles in every direction. Wow! I will not soon forget that day and the Getty is worth a trip to LA on it's own. So I would highly recommend the Rose Parade rally to you.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
anybody?

I am a hiker and geocacher (www.geocaching.com). Is anyone willing to come do one of those things with me when we're there? Husband's got bad knees and geocaching bores him. I'll bring the GPS!

pink fla's

ingrid
Old 12-08-2004, 10:28 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
I am a hiker and geocacher (www.geocaching.com). Is anyone willing to come do one of those things with me when we're there? Husband's got bad knees and geocaching bores him. I'll bring the GPS!
Hi Ingrid,

I would be willing to give it a shot....as long as the hike doesn't last for 10 hours and doesn't go through the middle of poison oak . Have you already scouted out some geocache sites? I have visited the web site, in an effort to get my boys interested in it (to no avail...no girls or video games involved!). I will bring along my GPS, as well!

April seems so far away....

Cheers, Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 12-09-2004, 10:46 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
No 10 hour hikes and we stay on the trail. I like to go for about an hour and stop and enjoy the scenery.

Haven't scouted any caches yet...I will though!

ingrid
Old 12-09-2004, 10:39 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Hey Ingrid,

Sounds like fun. Hour hike is right up my alley. After breakfast activity on saturday. Perfect.

Come rally with us.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:40 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Yes, then a shower, second breakfast, and a nap! I'll look around for an easy-ish hike so we can talk trailers and not bump into trees. Everyone bring your GPS and join this totally fun game if you have one! If not come anyway!

ingrid
Old 12-10-2004, 03:49 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
Yes, then a shower, second breakfast, and a nap! I'll look around for an easy-ish hike so we can talk trailers and not bump into trees. Everyone bring your GPS and join this totally fun game if you have one! If not come anyway!
Nap? Did someone mention nap? Second breakfast? Wow, Ingrid that's my kind of plan!

I have a GPS on the computer but that won't work, right? Anyway, I'm with ya! April is so far away...

Come rally with us.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:08 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Hey I want to play!

I've got one more week of school, then 3 weeks of vacation and no idea where to go. I need some ideas.

Went to Sugar Barge, Bethel Island last weekend. It was good. Not much to do there, but that was ok. I was rearranging my packing. Remember... heavy things down low... replace breakable plates with plastic. Got a lot of hitching and unhitching practice... the Hensley seem really easy. Oh and backing into my space.... well... I made it but it wasn't an elegant move.

So, when are we getting together... where?

Dan, was that you quoted in last Sunday's SF Chronicle Home section article about Airstreams?

Cam
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:27 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Hey Cam,

Been wondering where you were. Out playing with the new toys, of course. Fun, aint it?

I am off for the desert in a week. You could still tag along for part or more. But it might be too much of a trip (est. 1500 - 2000 miles) if your not totally comfortable yet. Probably a trip to the coast would be better and much closer. Maybe you could check out Casini Ranch. See where the best group areas are. Take some pics. I've been there once and it is really nice. Lots to do. Love that Sonoma Coast/ Russia River basin.

Are you following the break in procedures for your truck? I had two break in periods on mine, one before towing, one after. Very important.

And that WAS me quoted in the article. Happy trails!

Come rally with us.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:39 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Hey Cam,

Been wondering where you were. Out playing with the new toys, of course. Fun, aint it?

I am off for the desert in a week. You could still tag along for part or more. But it might be too much of a trip (est. 1500 - 2000 miles) if your not totally comfortable yet.

Are you following the break in procedures for your truck? I had two break in periods on mine, one before towing, one after. Very important.
What dates are you going to the desert?

I'm really surprised how comfortable I've been towing. It takes me a little while to adjust to the different feel of the truck when the trailer is behind me. I haven't experimented yet with adjusting the Hensley to experience different rides.

Break in... I think I did what I was supposed to do. I only remember instructions for the first 500 miles on the truck. I've gone about 1800 miles so far. I'll check my owner's manual again.
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:58 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road
What dates are you going to the desert?

I'm really surprised how comfortable I've been towing. It takes me a little while to adjust to the different feel of the truck when the trailer is behind me. I haven't experimented yet with adjusting the Hensley to experience different rides.

Break in... I think I did what I was supposed to do. I only remember instructions for the first 500 miles on the truck. I've gone about 1800 miles so far. I'll check my owner's manual again.
My dates are 12/18 - 1/1. I only get 2 weeks. Reservations i don't think will be a problem but after seeing how crowded Casa de Fruita was at Tgiving, I am not so positive. We will have to check if really interested.

First 500 miles towing, I was not to drive over 50 mph. Important for the gears.

Come rally with us.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Rose Parade Rally is a GO!

Just wanted to pass along to Nor Cal Forum folks that I was able to talk to host and join the 4 day rally in Pasadena from Dec 28 through Jan 1st yesterday, and Jim indicated there were still multiple spots open...

Since this is WBCCI event of only 4 days, and it's only ~8 hours from Nor Cal to Pasadena, I thought I'd pass along word to others that opportunity to join a genuine Rally (as opposed to virtual web-based Rallies! ) might still be open.. Base is school yard less than a mile from Colorado Blvd (Parade route) and activities include float building (stuffing and gluing the flowers onto the floats..) plus tours of Reagan Library and Getty Museum, and New Years Eve festivities along Colorado Blvd (the largest New Years eve party west of Times Square...). Rather than grandstand reserved seats, participants will have folding chairs on sidewalk to watch, in exchange for possible obligation to "guard" the chairs at some point during the evening ahead of the parade..

There's a Rally Fee to cover food, rented tent and parking and other costs of approx $375/trailer. Contact info (and last minute is imminent...) is Jim Elmlinger at 818.843.7595 or jbeengr@earthlink.net. Not sure whether WBCCI membership is pre-requisite, but in theory they welcome "guests"...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Old 12-15-2004, 06:05 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Hey John,

We want a full report when you return. Sounds like a great time. I would assume you are boondocking it since you will be at a school? I already have plans for Christmas in the desert but maybe next year. Too bad Cal wasn't in the Rose Bowl.

As I said, I am off for the desert. After I return in January, I will call Casini Ranch to set up the rally for April 8-10. I'll post all the details. Everybody should mark their calendars NOW!

And I wish all NorCal Ralliers best wishes and peace for the holidays! See ya all in the New Year!

Come rally with us.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:37 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Full Report Pending...

Dan-

Yup, we get NO hookups for $375 rally fee (perhaps you undercharged us for Laguna Seca?? ) I've acquired my Honda eU2000 generator from Big Sky in Montana for $875 delivered, after learning Honda forced all dealers to drop pricing and ordering from web sites this year... He does his own custom RV cable that joins two into female 30A RV plug, and draws full power from both, while Honda rig forces power through 20A breaker on lead unit and could blow if sustained load exceeds 25A... I have brother living 5 blocks from shool yard in case we have trouble roughing it...

Have the inverter and laptop and DVD cables to flat screen, so we could watch movies off battery power if desperate, but it looks like they'll keep everyone busy... We plan to stay far away from actual Rose Bowl during football game(s), as that area is not RV-friendly...

Should be interesting... Hope weather holds up, though Pasadena Chamber of Commerce has special deals with various Deities to keep weather Jan 1st good for TV cameras...

John McG